W.H.O.O. - Run Speed Increase Please.

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Forestchild, Dec 2, 2023.

1. Forestchild Well-Known Member

Here's a suggestion that I hope get's in the works.

Though I love the way the W.H.O.O. hand harvesting thing works, I do wish that he would get sped up. Now what I mean by that is the run speed. This making him walk at a VERY Slow pace when the land is MASSIVE to begin with is taughting at the very least.

A Small run speed increase would be nice. say something like 45 or maybe 65.
    Twyla and Cusashorn like this.
  2. Zylara Well-Known Member

Agreed I can handle the no extra buffs etc but that hand is way too slow I have yet to really bother with it as I dont have the patience...I do understand its mainly for those that want to avoid fights and it is a great idea but yeah the speed is a turn off
    Forestchild and SolarFaire like this.
  3. MikeBob2023 Active Member

The WHOO seemed awfully slow to me also, but here's the odd thing about that: when I opened up the stat window, it showed my ground speed (while possessing the WHOO) to be 218%.

It still seemed dog slow to me.

For comparison, my toon's actual normal ground speed is 199%, and at that rate he can flat-out scoot.
    Forestchild likes this.
  4. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I find the whole ability to be mostly pointless. You don't benefit from the harvest goblin speed buff while using it, and you walk at a snails pace. is the ability really worth using?
    Rattophaxe and Celestia like this.
  5. Evilary Well-Known Member

I mentioned this very thing in beta and was told it was to give a safe way for low adventure level crafters to be able to harvest. It had no intention of being as good as being able to do it yourself but the tradeoff was the safety.

Personally, mine bugs once in a while and picks up my run speed, you should see that hand zip through stuff then.
    Cusashorn and Forestchild like this.
  6. Smashey Well-Known Member

I rather it was changed to an aura on us the players. The hand freezes the game for several seconds everytime, it moves slow and tbh an aura is just better lol.
    SolarFaire and Forestchild like this.
  7. Celestia Well-Known Member

This. I thought the thing was just a questline thing, and then we got it at the end. My literal first thought was, "That's it?"
  8. Forestchild Well-Known Member

Yeah, I noticed the same thing about the freezing the game. When you summon it, click on it to activate, it freezes the game up and also when you cancel it, or if you fall off a cliff. If shouldn't freeze the game. I have an 8-core cpu/12-core gpu, 32gb of ram, and nvme drive. I should be able to handle it.
    SolarFaire likes this.
  9. Zhevally Well-Known Member

On a couple of my lowbies I fly up to where there's lots of branches, bushes, and dens. Then I'll hop in it just to run to the node right next to a red mob so I can be lazy. [I did not do goblin on all these alts anyways ....still takes 3 seconds instead of 1.5, but is faster than finding a node not right next to mobs]
    SolarFaire and Forestchild like this.
  10. Reverie New Member

Click summon mount 2 times! It will unmount your toon and buff the hand. You have to do this between every node. Then when you go back to your toon, or you can't fly.
  11. Taled Well-Known Member

Advocating for folks to exploit an obvious bug is not a good way to stick around a long time.
    SolarFaire, Twyla and Celestia like this.
  12. Naramee Active Member

I dont mind that thing beeing slow, but why cant it not use the harvest track:(
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

The whole point of the ability was for high level tradeskillers to harvest in high level zones without their low level selves getting turned into a grease stain in the process, so asking they give an ability that lets you do the bare minimum because you haven't put in the effort to survive the high level mobs to do the harvesting by yourself.
    Twyla likes this.
  14. Evilary Well-Known Member

The point was to give them a safe way to harvest. Does not mean they cannot ask for quality of life upgrades to it. That might be something besides furniture they could throw on the researcher. As it stands, it's useless as someone will run past you and gather what your after while your slowly trucking along trying to get there.

Without tracking, you can only harvest what you find. Someone faster can run in front of you and get everything before you there as well. Harvest speed I've not paid attention to but if it doesn't use the buffs for faster harvest, someone can run up and grab 2 of your 3 harvests on a node while you are working on your first.

This isn't a demand thread, this is an ask and they even said Please!
    Forestchild likes this.
  15. Forestchild Well-Known Member

They already have said that no improvements will be made to the harvest hand. It was only for low-level characters to harvest in higher tiers safely. that's it.

However; after transforming into the hand. you can open your character mount window and drag the mount summon icon to your number 1 hotbar. I normally put it on the (1) slot. and when done harvesting, I press 1 key and speed to the next harvest. Yes you would have to drag the icon to the hotbar each time you transform but at least you get speed.

I was also told that you can drag the harvest icons in the spell window to the hotbar as well. (haven't tried that one yet)
  16. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

Short answer is no, for the reasons you've said, plus you lose *all* your harvest buffs. Even my lowbies couldn't bear to use it