Vrix (32) vs. Vrix (1)

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Tease, Jun 5, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Tease Guest

Had requested a name to be released from an account that hasn't been played for nearly two years. A GM released the name of "Vrix" and I have since leveled her to 32 in a few days.

However, logging into EQ2Players, on the Antonia Bayle server, there shows two Vrix's: the level one (supposedly removed) and the level thirty-two (mine).

Cannot update any information on my Vrix in the current state as when clicking on my Vrix (32) EQ2Players sends the browser over to Vrix (1). So I cannot change the administration setting, upload a paperdoll image, or allow others to view her information online.
    [IMG][IMG]http://eq2players.station.sony.com/...a%20Bayle/Vrix/ defaults to the Level 1 Gnome Conjuror, last played in Nov. 2008 for 17 minutes.
    Mine has been played for a week now and only shows up in the guild roster or a character search.
    Think you could purge the level 1 gnome someday soon, please?
  2. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

I'll venture a guess here as to why this is happening: EQ2Players often fails to update unless you log into your account. So, the old Vrix was renamed, but unless that person were to actually log in, EQ2Players will never even know there's been a change. Therefore, it will probably never be fixed :(
  3. ARCHIVED-Tease Guest

So, if the other player that hasn't played in nearly two years doesn't log in, their Vrix (1) will never get updated? /boggle

Reason for posting here is so EQ2Players could "update" their records. This Vrix is roughly 33 or 34 now, forgot, was up really late playing. (Had the week off.)
  4. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

Vrix@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Yup, that exactly right. It's been like that for a very long time now. Nor has SOE given any indication that this will be changed.
    I'd take solace in the fact that you got the name you wanted and that anyone looking you up on EQ2Players will know that you are the > level 1 version.
  5. ARCHIVED-Jaffa Tamarin Guest

6. ARCHIVED-Tease Guest

Skrat@Lucan DLere wrote:
    You are one Awesome Possum!
    Perhaps you should be working for EQ2players, as you haves the magic! Tongas gots the touch!
    Created the guild's web page yesterday too.

THANK YOU SKRAT!