"vote on the fixes and balance changes"

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Drona, Mar 31, 2023.

1. Drona Well-Known Member

I don't know what Kandar means by this exactly but I think players voting on fixes and balance changes is terrible idea and need to be killed off.

I am all for players giving their feedback and suggestions but players should not get a vote as to which is most important fix.

1. It turns the whole thing into popularity contest. Some classes are less popular and that does not mean their issues are not important.

2. Player are terrible judge of the issues and how certain issues can affect the game as whole. Players are very good at pointing out the issues they and their class is having but they are not good with other classes etc.

3. Players are biased to their favourite class. There are some players in the game who know all class and game mechanics inside out and dare I say, maybe more than the devs. However they can still be biased to their class, their friends and guilds.

4. We will get lot of noise.

This whole thing feels like passing the buck by the developers. The Lead game designer and/or mechanics designers should have handle on the game and which fix is more important should be their decision and not players. By all means ask the players for feedback but don't pass on the responsibility.
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

The classes needing the most attention to be relevant are played the least, so this is an odd idea. At face value this looks like another misfire by the devs. Call me crazy but I think the best way to understand where changes need to be made in this game would be to, well, play it. Something the devs seem to be stubbornly opposed to doing. Probably because they know it's a frustrating experience riddled with unresolved issues.
  3. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Maybe if they had one of those "Mythical" community councils they talked about it wouldnt have gotten as bad as it has, yet it would also require listening to the council, which to date has proven that it wouldnt matter.
    Those that complain the most are usually pretty passionate about the game and want it to succeed.
    I for one have had it with listening to all the garbage changes the players didnt ask for and the changes they did ask for by majority have been ignored.. saying we hear you and doing just the opposite will not net this company any profit, off that I am certain.
    Ashandra likes this.