Voice emote and battle sounds missing on Female Froglok

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-Sandyfoot, Aug 14, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Sandyfoot Guest

What happened to the in game voice emotes? My female froglok is now speechless. No battle sounds. No sound coming from her no matter which voice option I select.
  2. ARCHIVED-Ofajo Guest

Yes I'm having the same problem, no voice emotes, I miss my crazy, insane gnomes laughter and wise cracks. Why did this happen, can someone please explain this. And yes I have checked all my sound options, and tried changing voices. I have even switched to another character, same issue.
  3. ARCHIVED-Tease Guest

Was just about to post this too, 'cept on my High Elf.

Was doing her final griffon quest, the commands, and heard no voice to the emotes. The emotes are going off, no voices are heard. Exited the game, validated assets, defragged - still the same bug. Was working fine until your 1PM game update.

Thanks to developers for breaking something useful & enjoyable. Check your coder tool(s) as with every update you all are breaking stuff. Think your coder is a Trojan virus.

Edit: No combat voices either... is EverBug 2 part of the Gold subscription, or does this feature come pro bono for everyone?
  4. ARCHIVED-Lizabethan Guest

Appreciate the OP for bringing this up. I tried doing /cheer on my Halfling today and heard no noise, but I didn't really take much notice. Now I'm going through my toons of other races, and not hearing it on anyone.
    Lizabethan, the /cheer-less Halfling :p
  5. ARCHIVED-deadcrickets2 Guest

I'm having same issue. Didn't know until it was brought up in chat tonight.
  6. ARCHIVED-JJDillon Guest

My woodelf warden isn't hooting when I /cheer anymore.

Pinefresh Scent is very displeased.
  7. ARCHIVED-Mysstie Guest

I just noticed this as well on my Woodelf. The facial animations that accompany the sound is gone as well. Hmmm.. I do have both SOE Emote and Voice Chat disabled as I have no Webcam.
  8. ARCHIVED-Phubarrh Guest

Same thing happened to my wife and me last night. We were so depressed that we just logged off for the day...
  9. ARCHIVED-Druwan Guest

I too just noticed this on my Kerra male. (Didn't do any emotes yesterday but today was actually trying to get someone's attention.)
    As with the art problems, this is probably affecting more races and genders than these listed.
  10. ARCHIVED-Kaberu Guest

Must have character voices! I'm already going into withdrawal... I had no idea it had that much of a difference to me, but it does! My worst fear is that they took it out so they could stop paying the voice actors royaltees or whatever, but I'm hoping it's just a bug. Please tell me it's a bug! Preferrably you can tell me after it's fixed by the time I wake up tomorrow.

Purdy pweeze!!!
  11. ARCHIVED-Rendoir Guest

You have to get a webcam and do the voices yourself now with soemote right?
  12. ARCHIVED-Sandyfoot Guest

Impact@Splitpaw wrote:
    I hope not. I would be really disappointed if this was intentional.
    I was really happy with the social voice emotes along with the ability to pick a voice to fit the personality of the character.
    The missing emotes creates a dull game experience (for me) and lackluster characters.
    If this is intended, those of us who do not use a webcam are left without a voice (and a choice).
    *edited to try and make more sense. :)
  13. ARCHIVED-moon77stone Guest

Kaberu wrote:
    I petitioned for this reason, Losing my voice emotes for good would be horrible! I recieved a response rather quickly:

Discussion Thread

Response Via Email (SOE Customer Service)
    08/15/2012 03:12 PM

GM Kuamilia here responding to your petition. It looks like there was a bug that is causing emotes not to make any sounds, but our developers have found the issue and it should be fixed soon! I would suggest keeping an eye on the upcoming update notes for further information on when this issue will be fixed. I wish you the best of luck in all of your future adventures and if there is anything else we can help you with please let us know.
    Thanks for contacting us,
    GM Kuamilia
    EverQuest II
    Sony Online Entertainment

Hooray! It is only a bug that is already being looked into!
  14. ARCHIVED-Mysstie Guest

I could see them removing it if you had SOE Emote enabled but I have SOE Emote disabled because I have no Webcam. It should revert back if it's not enabled. Someone in red needs to comment on what the behavior of this should be.
    Gotta love simultaneous posts. Just read moon77stone's post with SoE's response. That's good to hear.
  15. ARCHIVED-project123 Guest

Having the voice over emotes was one of the things I loved about my chars... having them gone takes away a layer of personality :(
    I hope they come back! I haven't wanted to play any of my silent characters.
  16. ARCHIVED-Sandyfoot Guest

Patch notes show it is being fixed on Test and so I s'pose it is headed for live soon. Which is good news!
    Meanwhile, my voiceless Froglok went wandering about in the reborn Qeynos, to see what the citizens had to say, and she discovered that Fribit, the Froglok in front of Irontoes East had some unusual powers.
    Clicking on Fribit produced the "Hail" and "Hello" and "Well met" with full animation out of my Frogloks lips, yet the voice was Fribits.
    Maybe Fribit is the culprit for the missing voice emotes.
    I didn't click on everybody in Qeynos to see if a similar response happened, but I just thought it was amusing when I ran across this and thought I would share it.
  17. ARCHIVED-Toshikii Guest

Yep, I noticed the same two days ago. I'm happier now that I know they are fixing it =).