Voice control won't let me connect to others voice sessions

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by questcraft, Dec 25, 2019.

1. questcraft Member

Got a new headset, logitech wireless, installed the drivers tested it out on Windows 10. microphone works, can listen to music, watch youtube videos Its great!

I log into EQ2 and I can hear the game just fine....

However when I group with others and they start a voice session, and I Bring up the voice controls I can see the group option like "Bobs group" or <Group> but if I try to select it the list just rolls back up to none and then in the chat it says "you left Bobs group" or "you left group" :( (I was never in the group to begin with).

Its really weird... I've tried everything I can think of. tried bing in the same zone, tried standing next to each other. tried rebooting computer. it just doesn't work.

Anyone else encounter this?
  2. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

While in game, go into voice options and turn off voice completely, then restart it. You can do this by clicking Alt + O, then Voice Options from the left sidebar. That will bring up Voice Chat. First checkbox "Enable Voice Chat" uncheck that, accept, then go back into voice options and recheck that box.

By the way, if you have more than one account, this often happens and there's been times I had to log out the other account(s) in order to get voice chat to work on the remaining one.
    Dude and Breanna like this.
  3. Ravenlook Member

I had a similar issue, turned out it was actually a win 10 issue and not the game.

In windows goto setting > privacy, on the left find and go to microphone then on the right scroll down till u find
    the allow 3rd party.. toggle, make sure it's turned on.

That should fix it for u.
    Argosunited and Dude like this.
  4. Ndiar Active Member

Been having the same exact issue. I tried turning off chat and back on. Checked my Win 10 settings. Still having the issue. Been about 2 weeks now. Thinking of reinstalling EQ to see if I can get it working again.

Have something corrupted in Windows. I can't check the microphone setting it just hangs up. Discord Chat works fine but not EQ2 chat.
  5. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Ooooh this might fix my issue too! Thank you. :)