Voice Chat

Discussion in 'Voice Chat Support' started by ARCHIVED-Thunderfueler, Jul 31, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Thunderfueler Guest

Welll if something seems too good to be true it usually is.
    I cannot log in to guild channel or any other channel for that matter
  2. ARCHIVED-ydral Guest

same here and none in my entire guild can either... logged in worked great made a custom channel for friends 1 got in then notta. i click a channel then bout 30 secs later says i was from that channel but i never even entered it... sigh expectin many patches this week
  3. ARCHIVED-tmmk Guest

Yeah a lot of people are having the same problems. When I first tried voice chat before prime time hours it works perfectly so I have high hopes for it. It seems almost as if the servers got overloaded since when I logged out I couldn't get back in, almost as if it was full or something. Those that stayed logged in all day were using it fine though.

Since this voice feature will be used in all SOE games I know that they will work on it and get this rock solid pretty soon. I really like how it puts you into guild channel by default, when it worked a lot of people that refuse to use vent actually used the voice feature :) And well atleast they can join raid channel and listen if they still refuse to get a mic or vent. Just remember that before prime time hours it worked very nicely, excellent sound quality too.
  4. ARCHIVED-Castonu Guest

I agree about the qualiity of it...sounds great...easy to use. I think the server got a little overwhelmed last night about prime time though. We were just getting ready to form up for a raid and could no longer log into the voice chat server. But about and hour later everything was ok.
    I am pretty impressed with how easy it was to work with....we probably won't give up our Vent server just yet..but I can see possibly when they get all the features in-game we might.
  5. ARCHIVED-tmmk Guest

The one feature all of these ingame voice chats need is a way to adjust volume on a per person basis very easily from the game interface. This will make it superior to ventrillo or teamspeak etc since with those you have to alt tab out to adjust that person. Some people are just inconsiderate and always have their volume changing and refuse to check their output volume often. You will always have those type of users out there.
  6. ARCHIVED-Gamer1965 Guest

In the voice user window, you'll see a bubble next to the name. Clicking on this will bring up a volume slider, so you can change the volume on a 'per-person' basis...
  7. ARCHIVED-tmmk Guest

I was just reading the voice chat thread on dev round table and saw them talking of these feature :) This is great! I just hope they make it very visible and easy to adjust while playing. I can't check it ingame since i'm at work at the moment but this is the one feature that will make this superior in my eyes.
  8. ARCHIVED-Koocheekoo Guest

Hello

I was not able to get the voice chat to work last night either - but I am excited to try again today.

I have to admit - I am a bit shy about it all - this will be my first since I never used teamspeak or ventrilo. Excited as well, don't get me wrong. Just a tad bit of stage fright.

So I heard rumors that there would be effects in place to change your voice up to, say, sound more like a troll or a gnome, etc... did this not get released this time around?

Cheers,
    ~Jinksie
  9. ARCHIVED-isotime Guest

No the voice fonts have not been released yet but it is comming, just don't know when.

Can't wait to use it myself. As far as the voice chat itself, this is the first time I use a voice chat and was a little nervous, but after the first couple of seconds in guild chat was very pleased to have it.

The sound was crisp and clear, easy to use, and I like I can change everyones sound lvl when I'm grouped.