Voice chat terribly choppy

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Tinkrbelle, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Tinkrbelle Active Member

I am having issues with in-game voice, everyone speaking is terribly choppy and broken up. I have a new computer with plenty of memory and no memory hogging background applications running.

Could this be a network/connection issue on my end?
  2. Murfalad Member

Same here, I'm online with some friends from Canada, Sweden and Netherlands (UK based myself) and I'm getting choppy voice from everyone (we're installing a separate voice solution right now).
  3. GIndotto Well-Known Member

Myself and my guild leader (west coast US) couldn't understand anyone in voice chat in guild, but everyone else was having perfectly clear conversations among themselves, seems luck of the draw as usual : /
  4. Arastir Member

Having the same problem. Even tried leaving raid chat and I was still hearing chat without being in a channel. Camping all the way out and back did nothing to fix it.
  5. Tinkrbelle Active Member

Sounds like the problem is on SOE's end, so I won't go messing with my computer.

I know Landmark was slated to get voice chat soon, wonder if they are trying to use the same voice server....
  6. Alenna Well-Known Member

this has been happening to me for weeks now.