Voice chat and using one of the number pad's buttons for Push-to-talk.

Discussion in 'Voice Chat Support' started by ARCHIVED-Sirnef, Aug 1, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Sirnef Guest

I find using the Zero/ins key on my number pad is the most conventient key for push-to-talk. I used that key for Ventrilo as well.
    At some point last night the key stopped working. After some work I found that if the NumLock key is locked I can use the Zero/Ins for the push-to-talk. But not when the NumLock is unlocked. Ok, I thought. I'll just use the secondary setting for the push to talk for the NumLock option of the Zero/Ins button. It wouldn't set to both. So the work around I have is to push the NumLock to lock it (then QUICKLY stop running, as this is the auto run key) then I have access to the push to talk feature. Not sure if something can be worked out here or if I need to just move the push to talk key... But I thought I'd drop a note and see.
    Thanks for your time!
    Terg 80 Zerk - Butcherblock.
  2. ARCHIVED-TSR-TrevorG Guest

You may need to change your autorun button from numlock if you want to use one of the 10 key buttons until there is an update for this.

I do not know if it is being looked at, so you may also wish to /bug this as well for the DEVs to see.
  3. ARCHIVED-PeterJohn Guest

You can set 2 keys for push to talk.
    Why not set one key as the zero key with num lock on. And the other key as the zero key with num lock off.
    I am not in game right now, but I don't see why this would not work?
  4. ARCHIVED-Sirnef Guest

Thanks for the reply.
    I did /bug it last night but also wanted to post it here as well.
    I guess I will change the auto run button for now.
    And I did try to set the push-to-talk with the NumLock on/off... It will only set with the NumLock on at the moment.
    Thanks again for your time!
    Terg 80 Zerk - Butcherblock