Vocal Rift Armor Set Issues

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Tutimin, Dec 18, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Tutimin Guest

i know some of these thought were sort of mentioned or similar to ones posted in the dirge issues 2.0 thread, but i'm going to go ahead and post this anyways.
    The vocal rift set is a disaster at the moment, in terms of progression from VP and Legendary TSO sets to this Set... if critical mitigation was not necessary for progression, i would probably only wear the forearms, maybe the boots of this set...
    my first and foremost major complaint is when the set bonuses got changed... and the percussion of stone focus was moved from the 2 set bonus to the chest slot.
    i think at launch the set bonuses were something like
    2set: percussion of stone has no concentration cost
    4set: reduce recast of chime of blades by 30 seconds
    6set: speech of sacrifice +30% heal +780 physical mit
    currently they are
    2set: speech of sacrifice +30% heal +780 physical mit
    6set: +10 accuracy to weapon boon
    the issue was it effectively strips us of a concentration slot until we can kill one of the last mobs in TSO Progression, which you'll likely need to wear every piece of crit mit gear you have to kill, i'm assuming Zarrakon drops the chest patterns, to get back something we had from killing druushk/nexona from the last expansion or we are forced to wear our old VP set instead of upgrading our items... yay item progression right? why use upgrades when you can hold onto items from old content, or maybe you could design gear that we actually want to wear....
    i know there was a lot of complaining about the original 6 set being that horrible heal focus(sorry dirges arent healers), but i'll be honest the new 6 set bonus doesnt really encourage me to wear al 6 pieces anyways, its the exact same as the VP set of which i have all 7 pieces, and i currently dont wear 6 pieces because there are better options out there
    i wouldnt complain if the TSO set had the exact same set bonuses as the VP set yeah it wouldnt be that creative but dont fix what isnt broken... but i'm guessing you probably dont want to have the exact same set bonuses you have on the VP set to be on the the TSO set which is understandable...
    proposed set bonuses2set: percussion of stone has no concentration cost
    6set: couple options below in no real order just tossing some things out
    a) significant increase to cry of the banshee / dissonant requiem, decrease casting times and increase damage
    b) ae auto atk % added to weapon boon
    c) melee crit bonus to weapon boon
    d) significant base damage of all spells to justify all the spell crit on this armor set
    other people i'm sure have some good suggestions for the final set bonus, toss them out there
    as far as piece by piece, most of them arent horribly bad, they are just missing the mark by a bit...
    Breastplate - a) take the rythymic war chant effect off, with all the base % increasers out there in gear the 3% to all
    base from the proc is a drop and the bucket and not a deciding factor for this piece, instead replace it with
    the Greater Hollow Area effect or somethign similar maybe Empowered Hollow Aria - 35% increase to
    trigger chance.
    b) either put that speech of sacrifice bonus here, or something similar, to replace the percussion of stone
    focus moving back to the 2 set
    Legs - these are now kind of the weakest piece with the tuning that went in this morning, they have 3 spell/melee crit where as gloves have 4 spell/melee crit, arms has 4 spell/melee crit, helm has 5 spell/melee crit, how about changing it to 4 spell crit, 4 melee crit, 4 dbl attack, a 5 dps boost the riana's focus might also be in order
    Shoulders - overall i'm pretty happy with these
    Helm - alright after todays update
    Boots - over all i'm ok with these, they could be better but they seem pretty balanced
    Gloves - why didnt these follow the progression like the shoulders did from legendary shard to fabled shard armor? itwould be really nice if instead of +7 attack speed they followed the same progression as the legendary set and had +30 to 35 attack speed on them, not sure what you'd have to drop to make sure that it was a balanced item... harmonic gloves have 35 atk speed, 2 spell crit 2 melee crit and cast speed III, so adding the haste on these would not be out of progression....
    Forearms - these are fine in my opinion, finally an upgrade to Star Darkened Bracers
    not sure how everyone else feels about these suggestions or critiques, but this is how i kind of feel
  2. ARCHIVED-Niber Guest

Tutimin wrote:
    Helm - Not alright. +3% benefitical cast has no place. (spell and CAs please?)
    Shoulders - +focus? No thanks, slashing please.
    BP - Don't know where to start, so I wont. It's all wrong.
    Gloves - Need haste or we have to sacrifice a jewelry slot, doesn't seem right when most other sets (and the legendary) have haste.
    Boots - Ok.
    Forearms - Ok, wish it was reuse of spells AND CAs but I can live.
    Legs - Weak, needs +3-4 melee crit added -- +7 melee and +70ca/spell damage make them viable.
    And if the (2) bonus to sacrifice has to stay. I think most people would perfer the Percussion bonus on the legs instead of the Riana's one.
  3. ARCHIVED-firza Guest

as is my ideal raid gear would be:

2 pcs legendary set gear: gloves and BP.
    1 pcs. Fabled = wirst. (Maybe if optimistic I will add boots)
    2 pcs VP set gear: To keep Stoneskin conc-less. (probably shoulders and Legs)
    1 pcs. Random as I see fit., if I dun use the fabled TSO boots.

I do not understand how Dirges can be given focus, so much spell crit, reuse time to spells (and then even beneficial also, lol) Oration bonusses and whatnot...Thats maybe interesting for instance/duo dirges, but any dirge who raids is not to interested in it.
    Is this the progression SOE is looking for? Is this what we have been feedbacking for since the moment this set popped up on Beta?

My guild, although fanatic when we do raid, will not kill avatars. Non at all. This means we have painfull slow gear up of critical mitigation before we can tackle some of the more challanging TSO encounters out there.
    The Nr. 1 guild on any server is practically given Avatar loot for free. Allowing them a very quick gear up of critical mitigation....Is that the kind of progression SOE wanted on all servers?

I guess soon another revamp of loot is in order, and a nerf to the raid encounters will happen. Just makes me sad I will never have a fair chance against the challanging encounters...while they are still challanging.
  4. ARCHIVED-Borias Guest

Tutimin wrote:
    2 set- Remove conc slot from Percussion.
    4 set- 30 seconds of recast of CoB.
    6 set- really don't care. Maybe put the heal focus here, and add a mana feed component to it too. I don't get why they increased the base health cost though with the aa's. Was the 81 too cheap?
    Helm- the effect has to be changed. To anything but more of the same junk on the other pieces. Am I the only one that is really unimpressed with all the reuse and spell haste we get on our stuff?
    Gloves- put haste on these so they progress with the void shard ones.
    BP- needs a lot of work, but at a minimum i'd say keep the void bp effect of cob on it and make it better for the raid version. Then add something else that doesn't suck. You gotta remember that it should be in line with other things, and probably not the end all be all of what would drop. Think in terms of VP BP----> avatar bp. Same deal here.
    Legs- really? really the same effect as before? The pvp legs have a 25% increase effect on banshee. Why not go with that?
  5. ARCHIVED-Laromor Guest

Sadly this set just stinks of a copy & paste job.
    Set bonuses:
    Two piece bonus: Keep the free conc slot Percussion of Stone, but add a small group wide power proc.
    Four piece bonus: Again keep the VP Chime of Blades bonus, but add perhaps an extra 25% damage to Blade Chime.
    Six piece bonus: Keep the 10% accuracy bonus from the VP set, but add a 6 sec duration, 1.8 times per min chance to completely ignore targets avoidance proc.
    Piece by piece:
    Hat: move 2 spell crit over to double attack, making it 3 DA, 5 MC, 3 SC. Make the focus affect ALL spells instead of just beneficial. Remove the +4 focus, add +4 slashing instead.
    Shoulders: Make them 3 DA, 3 MC and 3 SC instead. Perfect.
    Chest: where to start *sigh*. Increase the 35 spell/CA damage to 85. Add 4 DA, 4 MC and 4 SC. Remove the Percussion of Stone Focus, add the silli Speech of Sacrifice one instead. Remove the c War Chant proc to "free up points" for the changes.
    Wrists: Keep as is!
    Gloves: Remove the +7 Attack Speed and add a 40% haste effect instead to make them in line with the legendary set.
    Leggings: Add +2 MC and increase the bonus to Riana's from 5 to 8.
    Boots: People say these are fine, but try comparing them to Museweave. Less STR, less INT, less CA/Spell damage. No +slash, +ordination or +disruption. Come on! Add +slash, +disruption, +ordination. Add 30 CA/Spell damage. Increase STR, INT and AGI by 10.
  6. ARCHIVED-Niber Guest

Laromir@Splitpaw wrote:
    Some of your ideas make no sense.
    For one, add 10 STR/INT/AGI to the boots? Are you kidding? This is raid gear nobody is going to notice an extra 10 to any attribute. Disruption? Ordination? Comeon. Adding 3 points to Riana's? Seriously? Second, the helm doesnt have +focus. I'm not sure where you got that.
  7. ARCHIVED-Laromor Guest

Niber wrote:
    Right... adding 10 STR/INT/AGI will not make or break a raid piece... BUT, it will make progression make sense. Seeing as the Museweave boots have 42 STR, INT etc and the Void Rift only has 35, then it makes perfect sense to me to up the stat count a lil bit.
    As for disruption, ordination... same thing again.. Why should the Museweave set be better than the Void Rift.
    As for the helm having or not having +focus... I encourage you to look again, then you will notice that it indeed does have +focus.
  8. ARCHIVED-firza Guest

Laromir@Splitpaw wrote:
    adding something thats near to useless for us does not make them better.
    Add stuff thats usefull to dirges, do not look lesser gear and think: Hey its got that, so I want more of it.
    Take all that stuff far AWAY from any gear developped for dirges. We are not a class that relies on spells. Eventhough development seems to think so. No matter what they invent for us, I doubt they will mannage to ever bring this class away from melee based. (unless they revamp>)
  9. ARCHIVED-Brynn Guest

I think the devs and player base have completley different ideas on what set bonuses should be.

2 set bonus - Not incredibly overpowering but something that will almost alwasy be usefull. PoS Focus was perfect. Maybe another conc slot buff in TSO similar to the troub 2 set, weapon boon?
    4 set bonus - should be something situational that can be switched in and out as needed. Perfect as is.
    6 Set bonus - No one wants to wear six slots from their set gear. If they are then they are probable pretty unlucky. This should be some sort of small unique bonus but nothing that will force us to have to wear it. The current 6 piece is fine although i would prefer the chest focus get moved to here.
    Also the haste and CoB bonuses from the legendary gloves and chest lines need to continue into the fabled set similar to the shoulder focus.
  10. ARCHIVED-Tutimin Guest

Laromir@Splitpaw wrote:
    just because they have more of a worthless stat doesnt make them any better, it just means they have more of a worthless stat wasting item creation points that should be going towards useful stats/bonuses, am i going to quibble over 10 str here or 10int here no.... or like they ahve said near worthless casting bonuses like beneficial alacrity III, we have what 5 spells that effects? rez, group rez, cob, gravitas, and our heal(already like a base .5 cast.... seriously what a waste of item points