Vitality and tradeskill writs

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Jabbso, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Jabbso Active Member

Ok, so as level 100 tradeskill tokens don't seem to be forthcoming I thought I'd bite the bullet and embark upon the grind from lvl 9 to 100. After all, as folk are so quick to tell me, it only takes 6 hours, right?

I don't understand how vitality just disappears with tradeskilling, 3 writs and it's gone. I filled up using the hammer but it just doesn't last any time at all, like 10 minutes.

Tradeskilling without vitality is just nasty and not for the faint hearted, it would appear that 99% of it has to be done this way. I did contemplate buying the vitality potions but it'd just be too costly if I was continuously replenishing.

The grind has taken over 12 hours so far and I'm level 67. It's painful :( I don't get why vitality runs out so quickly and why Adventure level 100 tokens exist but not tradeskill. Not the most fun I've had over a weekend and I'm paying for the pleasure.

Evergrind.
  2. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I love tradeskills, but I very seldom grind like that as it's too painful. At lower levels, the daily tinkering, transmuting and adorning writs add quite a bit of XP without draining tradeskill vitality. I generally do those and a couple of writs a day on a toon working on tradeskills.

Do you have any Potions of Progress? Up until level 95, you can get around five writs (more or less, depending on how much you have to move around to pickup and submit rush orders, and on tradeskill class) done on each 10-minute potion. It helps. There are also vitality potions on the Marketplace that restore tradeskill vitality. From 95 to 100 is slow and painful, no matter how you do it. I have a little carpenter who's at 97.5; she'll be level 100 in another week or so without the grind.
    Good luck... I enjoy being able to make stuff that my toons actually use, totems, potions, food & drink, arrows and what-have-you.
    Shmogre and Jabbso like this.
  3. Jabbso Active Member

Thanks, I hadn't considered this.

I have loads on my old main so will definitely be trying this tonight!
    Prissetta likes this.
  4. Jabbso Active Member

So I've dinged 100. Yay - go team! Also coerced a few guildies to help out with the earring. I'm now in the position where I am on the KA questline and feel I can almost see the finish line.

One thing i'd completely overlooked was harvesting the items needed in Twark. New toons have harvesting skills of <100 and it's taking me ages with failed harvests. Oh well I'm not going to let it deter me, I want my cloak!

Edit: Just wanted to say in terms of time, I've spent somewhere in the region of 20 hours gametime just on the tradeskill bit. I'll update once the KA questline is done.
    Prissetta likes this.
  5. Mensa Member

You should have access to a goblin harvester if your tradeskill AAs are set up correctly. You can set him out to gather level 100 harvests and 3 hours later summon him again and you get harvests.
  6. Jabbso Active Member

Yes this is true, although I more referring to items on Twark beach like the metal, roots and wood (non tier gathering).

Anyway, the good news is that I'm done and I'm proudly wearing my new mantle. I also have the 6 runes needed for the KA purple runes.

Despite it being quite a painful experience I'm chuffed to have gotten through it! The whole thing took about 24 hours from level 9 to owning the mantle.
    Mensa, Niami DenMother and Prissetta like this.
  7. Shmogre Well-Known Member

I think the goblin (and pony) harvesters are on 2 hour timers, so you can pull in harvests even faster. Either way, they add up pretty quickly (some more than others <cough>abyssal pelts<cough>).
    Prissetta likes this.
  8. Mensa Member

Silly me... I forgot those too required a skill check. Congrats though! ;)