Visions of Varsoon

Discussion in 'Traveler's Tales' started by ARCHIVED-Adal, Jan 17, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Adal Guest

As I lay my pretty little elven head to rest last night , I fell into a deep and disturbing dream. Deep down in the ruins of varsoons three lost souls weep. They were daughters the three, lost and unable to sleep. Behind a door that I seemed unable to open even with all my powers called forth from Tunare'. The first daughter called out to me in a sad and ghostly voice, "Our father....he locked us here." I asked, "Who are you? Who is your father? Why would he lock you in such a miserable place?" I heard no reply, but felt a chill crawl over my body. The second daughter she called out to me with tears that washed over my soul, "Please....set us free....so that we may rest and finally be at peace." I called out in a desperate voice, "Tell me how do I set you free? How do I open this door?" I heard no reply, but was suddenly filled with a sure of rage and anger unlike any I have felt before. Then the voice of the third daughter boomed and echoed through the halls, "As we took our own lives, to set us free you must take his! Kill Varsoon! Kill him for what he did! Revenge......we need revenge!"

Suddenly surround by bright and swirling lights I was taken back and saw it all. I saw two wizards a male and a female, they were happy and were much in love. They sat on a grassy field in the forest watching their three daughters frolick before them in a pond of crystal clear water. I recognized this wizard..........it was........Varsoon! I could hardly recognize him, he was filled with light and goodness.......not at all the evil being that controled the ruins. A swirl of light surrounded me again. This time I saw only the woman....she was bowing before a dark hooded figure. I could hear him whispering to her. He was promising her ultimate power. He promised her everlasting life. He promised her that her daughters they would be blessed with the same powers if she brought them to him. Again a swirl of light surrounded me. I see the woman urging her three teenage daughters out of bed. Rushing them and telling them to hurry. As she begins to weave a cloak of invisibility over them, Varsoon bursts in. He screams out, "You will not do this! You will not take my daughters! What he promises you are lies! You are better than this, do not do this my love! Do not do this to our children!" She turns her back to him and says in a low but determined voice, "Do this I must....I forsee great tradgedy in the world of Norrath. This I must do. My children must be protected and only the dark will survive. I have forseen it, so take our daughters I must and go. Come with me and you will be saved with us..." She ran with her daughters into the night. Swirls of light surrounded me once more. I saw Varsoon on a mountain top above the ruins. I saw him summoning all his power and shooting it into the night. The power rained down on his children and his wife. His wife screamed out in pain and agony as the lightening washed over her and knocked her to the ground. The girls were swept up and teleported into the ruins. Varsoon raised his hands to the sky once more and his daughters were hidden away deep deep into the ruins. Light washed over me once more. I saw the daugthers locked away in a room and not even all their powers together would open the door. The screamed out, "Father please........do not keep us here.......we cannot stay locked away in this room! Please father set us free!" The magic that sealed this door was more powerful than anyone could imagine as Varsoon put everything he had into this seal to lock out even the most powerful of mages and to ensure that his wife even with her newly found powers of darkness could not get to his beloved daughters.

Once again I was surrounded by light and saw Varsoons daughters many years later still locked away in this room. The first daughter was in a state of shock, her long brown hair unkept and falling over her face hid her sad brown eyes. I could see a single tear drop on her cheek and felt the coldness emanating from her soul. The second daughter sitting next to stone fountain in the corner of the room. Her blond hair was pulled back behind her head and piled up with curls on the top. As she leaned over the fountain tears poured from her big blue eyes and I realized in that moment that the fountain was a fountain of tears. The tears she had cried through the years while locked away in the room. The third daughter paced the room, her anger filling up every inch of space, and her wavy red hair bright with light almost as if it were on fire. I could see the flames and the emptiness in her bright green eyes. "Sisters!, she called out. We cannot do this.....we can not live this way any longer. It would be better to take our own lives than to live in this prison for eternity." She then walked slowing to the center of the room and with her finger drew a circle of light. She stepped into the circle and raised her hands in the air, and as a rain of fire fell down upon her she whispered under her breath, "Sisters I love thee but this death shall set me free. Varsoon no longer a father to me, his death will avenge me and set my soul free. Upon his death may he not rest. As I will, so mote it be" The fire disappeared and inside the glowing circle all that was left of the third daughter was a pile of ashes. As the first sister witnessed the death of her beloved sibling the grief that she felt was overcome with the coldness inside her. The coldness she felt sprung out of her and shards of ice rained down upon her head bringing her to her death. The second sister then stood, the tears from her eyes flowing faster than ever before and she said these words, "My sisters before me have taken their life. My father is to blame and will be filled with shame. His sins shall not go unpunished and he will be overwhelemed with hate. He will only feel the misery that he caused his daughters three. As I will, so mote it be." The tears from her eyes then flooded the room and the second sister drown in her sadness.

Once again the lights swirled around me and as they cleared I saw Varsoon in the center of the room. As he saw what he did to his daughters, the daughters he swore to protect he fell to the floor and screamed out in agony. The grief overwhelmed him and his soul was ripped from his body as evil and darkness filled him and he became the darkness that he was always known to be.

The swirls of light surrounded me once more and when they cleared I was in my room laying in my bed. As my heart beat franticly and sweat poured down my face I had to wonder, 'Was this a dream? Was it a vision? Is it true? Did the daughters three really exist?' Surely if this were true the story would have been told before.....or perhaps it is just the evils of the ruins trying to lore me down into the darkness. I stood and went to my window. I threw open the shutters and let the cool evening air flow over my face to calm my beating heart. As the breeze washed over me I heard a whisper in the air, "Free us......avenge us........kill varsoon........." Was that my imagination? It had to be just the wind. A whisper in the wind or the voices of three lost sould crying out for help? Either way I had to find out....