Vinjarick's Manor (Antonia Bayle)

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Taysa, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Taysa Well-Known Member

Ok, so I slacked in posting this.

I was contacted by a player who saw my crypt, and he asked if I would be interested in doing a commission for him. My knee-jerk response was "hell no" for a myriad of reasons, but he gave me free reign and unlimited time to complete the project. It ended up taking the majority of my summer.

It's a break out home built in the MMCE, which was quite the annoyance in itself since I discovered the Z axis isn't exactly....straight. Also, this is probably the first structure I've built that needed to be cohesive on the outside as well as inside of this magnitude. I also discovered that, just like in The Sims, I suck at roofing and would make a terrible roofer.

I used a lot of elements that I used in my crypt. The color scheme is more or less the same, except for the basement. The presence of the Drunder tiles, blue stained glass, and Adoration Stone are what I pulled from my crypt to give this place more of a Neriak feel. I did attempt a few new things too...I built custom fireplaces, which is something I never did before to save on item count. I also built a bookcase/fireplace...thing. I also played with separate floors, which is not something I normally do because it's just easier to do everything on one floor, however for this house I felt it appropriate and the landscape allowed me to do so.

There was a lot of effort, and heartache, poured into this project. I broke down in tears several times when things just wouldn't work correctly, and honestly, if Vinjarick wasn't such a sweetheart and cheering me on the entire time, I would've given up on this project. (ESPECIALLY if it was just something I was doing for myself) If any decorators have the opportunity to do a commission for him, I'd highly recommend it!

Oh! The particulars!

Name: Vinjarick's Manor, by Taysa
    Server: Antonia Bayle
    Name: Vinjarick
    Pics: http://imgur.com/a/TS8R8#0
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Afista Well-Known Member

Just stopped by and really enjoyed the visit. This came out great! I love how you situated the house with the walkway up to it, the signs were a nice touch.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Taysa like this.
  3. Morg Well-Known Member

Vinjarick is a sweetheart to decorate for :) I highly recommend him as well!

I will have to stop by to see I am very intrigued!! ( I personally dislike that house to much to try to decorate it hahaha ).

So, my hats off to you for even attempting it let alone getting it done and sticking with it!!
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen! Though, I think I'm a bit worried about that bedroom... :-/

Uwk
    Taysa likes this.
  5. Elduren Well-Known Member

Those chains don't normally come with the bed do they? Are they separate shackles? Just curious, of course.

Loving the house though, really nicely executed!
  6. Taysa Well-Known Member

Thank you!

The chains on the bed in the basement don't come with the bed. I used wall shackles. I rolled (y axis) them 179.9 degrees to make them look like they were coming out of the floor.

Oh and edit: I just found out the house has been renamed. It's now Vinjarick and Calise's Manor on the leaderboards.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.