Vilucidae STILL broken (screenshot included)

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Jayad, Jan 2, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Aandien Guest

He is harder for sure -- but we still killed him a couple of days ago with 4 healers.
    Just a couple of things to help make it easier:
    1) have the tank turn off attack at 25% and do not swing at him for the remainder of the fight. Ripostes do a lot of damage. Remember Darathar
    2) If you have a guardian, land plant as he enters that last stance -- its a great debuff short-term that will give you the time necessary to reapply your other debuffs.
    3) If you have a brigand, use dispatch as well right after he enters that stance so your debuffs will have a better chance of landing.
    4) Use an assassin or swash in the MT group for extra aggro help since your tank is not doing much dps himself for the last 25%
    Also - to solve the aggro going rampart on pull, use a pet to pull it and take it off the pet after a few seconds.
  2. ARCHIVED-Tinthalas Guest

I think the difference is the folks that are loosing are fighting him in the pit, and the folks that are winning are pulling him all the way up the steps and fighting him against the wall.

Why this makes such a huge difference I am not sure. One person said if you fight him in the pit at 23% he goes nuts and kills folks at random.

Going to try and pull him up the hallway and see what happens next time we go.
  3. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

Killed him in the pit yesterday, w me tanking (guard). First pull, only 1 stance. Turned off atk yada yada dispatch debuff etc etc he died. We had him go into 4 stances a bit ago but this night was a breeze.
  4. ARCHIVED-Roriondesexiest Guest

We fought him again last night. Got to him in about 45 minutes.

First time, easy burn to 25%, he drops buffs, we completely stop fighting, one brigand dispatches, everyone tries to debuff, first dispatch wears off, 2nd brigand dispatches, keep trying to debuff. He was dropping buffs around 20% also then kept doing it repeatedly, which I believe he isn't supposed to do, I was landing buffs and they would wear off in about 10 seconds or so.

2nd time fighting him seemed to be normal, tough to land buffs but once they stuck they were on for the duration, well we screwed up this one and tank died then Vilucidae ran wild, but it seemed like the correct fight I have seen from him before.

3rd time fighting was exactly same as the first, he was dropping buffs as soon as they were applied, kinda hard to kill him completely unbuffed.

My point I suppose is that he seems to work "correctly" sometimes and not others.
    Message Edited by dalessit on 01-18-2007 06:03 AM
  5. ARCHIVED-Ralyssand Guest

We fought him last night and our general experiences were:
    a) He'd be in more than one stance if we wiped (usually Thule and Dread) but if you wait exactly 10 minutes (roughly the time it takes rescue to refresh anyway), he resets on his own.
    b) On our first attempt i think he was in all 4 stances when he hit 25% but was fine on the others
    c) As a troub, i noticed the same thing that Dalessit above mentioned. My debuffs would not stick. I'd land them for sure, and then 2 seconds later they were off again. This was constant over all our fights with him. I spent most of my time throwing my debuffs back on him. I don't know if that's his intended behavior though. He also went a little nuts as mentioned, but i kinda thought that added to the fun of it.
    Just adding to the knowledge pool.
    Edit: The debuffs were being wiped *after* he entered his last stance and we re-debuffed him. i a 5% health span during that last quarter, I landed and re-landed my debuffs about 5 times. It wasn't just a one-time cure he did at the 25% mark. It was a constant thing during that entire phase

Message Edited by Ralyssand on 01-18-2007 08:46 AM
  6. ARCHIVED-MirageEIG Guest

Also did this wednesday.

first attempt was unsuccessful as we wiped at like 15% cause the necro decided to lifeburn early so tank lost control

anyway, after wipe he remained in 2 stances for 10 minutes (timed it) as well until he reset and shrunk back to his pre-pull size. If someone needs screenshots, please let me know.
  7. ARCHIVED-Skurry Guest

Tried him today: First 3 stances were fine. When he went below 25%, he had three (3) stances on him, dispelled all debuffs, resisted all new debuffs and hit like crazy. No luck.
  8. ARCHIVED-Cocytus Guest

With my raidmates, the problem with Vilucidae isn't multiple stances....

He seems to have a memwipe that differs on each zone-in. The first time a few weeks ago when we tried, he memwiped constantly at 16%.

Last time he kept memwiping at 23%.

Tank completely lose aggro. He'll start going after people who haven't even been attacking. it doesn't make any sense imo. No matter how often the tank taunts, even after rescue and everything he can't get aggro.

What gives?
  9. ARCHIVED-Malandrin Guest

Thank god there are some guilds that confirm the serious problems we have with Vilucidae. Please report the problems using /feedback while in-game, since that's the only way to get dev's attention to eventually fix or change anything.
  10. ARCHIVED-Triste-Lune Guest

he has a memwipe now?
    maybe you shouldnt ask your tank to stop autoattacking that might have been the reason he lost aggro...
  11. ARCHIVED-kenman Guest

Actually, he does have this stun + hate decreaser that he seems to randomly use.

Before EoF the only time I ever saw it was right on the pull, but ever since EoF came out he seems to use it entirely randomly throughout the entire fight. Sometimes hardly at all, sometimes you get it constantly. Tad hard to hold aggro when you keep losing hate and getting stunned at the exact same time, but nothing unmanageable.

Vilucidae's clearly broken however, as he's now just about the hardest instanced mob in KoS despite being in the second easiest zone. Doesn't really make sense for him to be loads harder than Tarinax.
  12. ARCHIVED-Slayer505 Guest

I'll answer this one since I'm the tank in question. The mem-wipe thing was last week when we fought him. I'd stop auto-attacking when he entered his last stance along with all the rest of the raid. I'd cycle all my taunts and hold aggro for 30 seconds or so to build hate, then the DPS would very slowly start to ramp up. This worked until he got down to ~16% then he would just go nuts and start in on the healers then work his way through the DPS. We tried having our Paladin tank with hate transfer switched off to a healer once he hits his last stance since the DPS would be going slow..... first thing he did around 16% was aggro the amends target. The Pally said he wasn't getting resisted on taunts and spells since we were keeping him debuffed so in theory it should've been nearly impossible for the healer to get aggro... but there ya go.

Fast forward to last night. Totally different situation. For one they must've been messing with him in the latest hotfix because when we came into his room he was already down in the pit and attackable. The fight went just fine except that he seemed to be hitting very very hard (I was at ~63% mit and ~62% avoidance and 11.5k hp with full MT buffs before hitting my short term buffs- which are all M1), so by the time he got to his last stance our healers were dangerously low on power, even with dirge and coercer regen plus Hearts, Shards and all kinds of power clickies. Then he goes into his last stance, I stop auto-attack etc.- same routine as before. Suddenly around 20% he starts hitting even harder. Multiple times he took me from 11.5k health to dead in what seemed like one hit (in fact it was a double attack both for ~6.5k-7k). The other problem we were having was he seems to be memblurring now when he enters a new stance. Every time he went into a new stance he would start rampaging. No problem with that, it just means you have to two tank him now. I'd also add that this same scenario was happening from the very first pull, so the whole thing about "all's well if you kill him the first pull" doesn't seem to apply here.

Keep in mind the entire rest of the zone was cleared in about 40 minutes and I don't think we even had a single death. I've tanked all the KoS raid bosses including Tarinax and NONE is as bad as Vilucidae. Clearly something is wrong with this mob. What sucks is, before EoF we used to punk Vilucidae weekly with no trouble whatsoever. I'm pretty sure he wasn't intended to be the hardest boss in KoS....
  13. ARCHIVED-Cocytus Guest

They changed Vilucidae significantly as of yesterday Jan 22.
    Most of the fight is quite a bit easier. It seems clear to me that Vilucidae is no longer bugged...but his last stance is much more difficult.

He's not oneshotting our tank, but he is hitting VERY hard, and often, and our healers are just going OOP. :/

If we change our group for more (double) mana regen, the tank dies easier due to less healing....
    Message Edited by Cocytus on 01-23-2007 03:15 PM
    Message Edited by Cocytus on 01-23-2007 03:47 PM
  14. ARCHIVED-Tinthalas Guest

"The mem-wipe thing was last week when we fought him. I'd stop auto-attacking when he entered his last stance along with all the rest of the raid. I'd cycle all my taunts and hold aggro for 30 seconds or so to build hate, then the DPS would very slowly start to ramp up. This worked until he got down to ~16% then he would just go nuts and start in on the healers then work his way through the DPS."

This is exactly what happens to us, on 4 different raids trying to killing him. The worst of it is once he heads off on his tangent rescue and reinforce wont make any difference you can not get aggro back.

And the fact that he hit you so lightly - you should be proud what killed me was 4! yes 4! 7k hits back to back without a miss. I am a guardian with 65% miti - and at the time he hit me I had command up b/c I rotate command then wall of force, then command then wall of force - (I also have max aa on command) so probably had say 66- 67% mitigation LOL! (grats diminishing returns!)

The priest sucks - for lack of a better term.

Priest, Drake (Goo to be more exact) and the wurm in DT - worst KoS mobs ever! If you read though the history LOTS of folks complain about those 3 - you really dont hear anything about any of the other mobs - I wonder why. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

And Yes Fitz buggs on us all the time - we kill him anyway, drake has bugged on us all sorts of diferent ways and we still get are rears handed to us. Two tanks taking 5-7k hits is to much imo.
  15. ARCHIVED-DarkMirrax Guest

somethings defo been ninja'd with him hes easy enough again now ! :) did him last night no wipes
  16. ARCHIVED-t0iletduck Guest

Have an SK tank it. Problem solved :)

Seriously though, we did him last week and we wiped as about 10%. Healers got lazy because he wasnt doing a ton of damage and as an SK i dont have 12 second parry or tower of stone.

Sure enough we werent paying attention and he was in all 4 stances at once on second pull. I could barely land taunts, dps was missing like crazy, debuffs were hard to land etc etc and healers were oom and he was down to about 90% at this time so we decided to wipe it. We took a long AFK and he eventually reset properly. Pulled again and had no issues at all except I did have to rescue around 8%.

Just check to make sure he isnt in all his stances if you wipe and pull again. If so, take a breather. He will reset eventually.
  17. ARCHIVED-Malandrin Guest

january 28: Vilucidae worser than ever.

Besides the multistance bug (everytime) in the last 25% HP, It has now constant memwipes. Right after the pull Vilucidae is stunning MT and memwiping every 10 seconds or so.

15 wipes and now we will just wait to LU31 fix.
    Message Edited by Malandrin on 01-28-2007 09:40 PM
  18. ARCHIVED-Tinthalas Guest

Yeah IF LU 31 fix's it - if you read the test notes its not mentioned at all!
  19. ARCHIVED-Malandrin Guest

I got official confirmation about that fix in LU31
  20. ARCHIVED-Gromann Guest

Killed him 1-26. When he hit 25% the first time, he 2shotted our tank. Second time, 3 stances were live. We pulled him with the intention of wiping, so that maybe he would reset. He did reset, all stances cleared. Pulled again, at 25% stunned and re-debuffed, and he dropped like he used to. I think his debuff stripping is just more devestating then it used to be with the combat changes, which is why the last stance seems so much harder than it did pre-eof.