Video - Audio problems since patch

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Councellor, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Councellor Member

Has anyone else experienced the problem with video and audio playback speed playing incorrectly since the patch?

I've been playing some videos that are stored on my computer using several media players i.e.; Windows Media Player as late as last night with no issues. Logged into game this morning, got the update and SOEMote popped up (I had it turned off prior to today). I log out of game and start to play the same video clip from last night and it starts playing back sounding like Chipmunks and the Video playback speed is also too fast. I've tried using several media players, all with the same results. No amount of speed tweaking the players Audio OR Video has helped. SOE Video's played from my guild website through Firefox browser play fine. I've tried updating the Video and Sound card drivers with no luck, I'm using W7 OS. It's got to be something pushed from the game update as that's the ONLY update/change to my system since yesterday.

Anyone else having this problem and is there any way to fix this issue short of removing EQ2 ?