Vexx's Tale

Discussion in 'Traveler's Tales' started by ARCHIVED-songsta, Oct 7, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-songsta Guest

The begining to this tale is seemingly meaningless, but it will be the begging of a ranger's search to find where he belongs.

As Vexx walked aimlessly toward the docks witch he was told would take him to the ammaculate city of Qeynos he came accross a struggling Qeynosian that was battling a Freeport punk who was seemingly thrashing the young Qeynosian. Vexx quickly darted to the shadows to avoid being seen. He arched his arm behind him and drew his bow. He crept closer and behind a tree with a clear view of the Freeportians head. He drew his bow string back to his ear. *swoosh* He realesed his iron arrow lodging it in the back of the Freeport's head. The Freep fell to the ground silently. The confused Qeynosian looked around curiosly as she panted heavily. Vexx came out from behind the tree remembering to check his flanks in case the freep had given away his location. " My name is Starlight, that bruiser was thrashing me, i tried my best to heal myself but he kept knocking me to the ground" "No problem" Vexx replyed. Vexx turned and walked away silently. "Wait"! Starlight shouted. "yes"? Vexx asked "Who are you"? Starlight curiosly asked "My name is Vexx, do you know the way to the city called...uhhh Qeynos"? "Yeah, thats where i grew up, its just over that hill" "Here I'll take you there" "Okay, thanks" Vexx replyed "Where are you from" Starlight curiosly asked "Thats the thing, I'm not exactly sure" Vexx replyed. "Oh, well im from the Castleview Hamlet, its a district of Qeynos" Starlight stated "trust me you'll like it in Qeynos" Starlight told Vexx

OOC:Feel free to leave comments on where you would like to see the story go or ideas for plot points in teh story line :)
    Message Edited by songsta on 10-07-2006 03:33 PM
    Message Edited by songsta on 10-07-2006 03:37 PM
    Message Edited by songsta on 10-08-2006 06:28 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-songsta Guest

As Vexx and his newly aquired friend arouse over the hill Vexx spotted a group of highly skilled Freeportians trashing some of Qeynos's lesser skilled. "Get down" Vexx pushed Starlight to the ground."ouch" starlight complained. "Shhh" Vexx beckoned. Vexx took to the shadows quickly. He drew his bow in one hand and a dagger in the other hand. He crept quietly behind the Freep healer, btu at a safe range. The group hadnt finished thrashing the Qeynosians when they all heard a peiercing scream cut throught the crisp summer air. It was the freeportian healer, had a three arrows petruding out of him. one in his back,one in his foot, and one in his head. He lay dead in front of his group mates. Vexx after quickly making due of the healer took to the shadows before the group could find him again. He crept up behind a mage looking Ratonga and slit his throat...no scream can from this ratonga....just a small thud as his body hit the ground. Two members of the group remained. The tall troll looking man was covered in shiny black armor, Vexx figured he'd be a shadowknight or a strong warrior. The other seemed to be the lesser skilled person of the group being he was playing with his tin dagger. Vexx climbed up to the top of the griffon tower and place a arrow in the head of the idiot scout. The knight looking fellow saw Vexx and chased him. The knight drew his sword and chased after Vexx corning him against the cliff leading down to the ocean, about a 200 foot drop. The knights hand began to glow as he moved closer to Vexx. Then out of no where a strike of fire hit the Shadowknight, knocking him off balance. It was Starlight! Vexx took this as his time to strike. Drawing his dagger he found the hole between the knights helm and pauldrons and struck, the knight fell backwards onto the ground. The knight gathered himself and tried to hit Vexx with his very large steel blade but Vexx dodged, jumping back towards the edge of the cliff. Starlight tried to strike the Knight with her mace but of no avail. The knight turned to strike Starlight, at that moment Vexx lodged an arrow in the knight's neck, killing him. "whew wata battle"Starlight breathed heavily "Yeah but we gotta keep moving, they will be bringing in reinforcements soon" The two of them rushed to the gate of Qeynos...the Great City of Good!
  3. ARCHIVED-songsta Guest

Vexx and Starlight pushed through the gate into North Qeynos to see a large crowd gathered around a rather large sword. "Whats going on" Vexx asked a bystander "The Queen is going to make an appearance for something EXTREMELY important" the stranger replyed. "Lets get up closer" Vexx beckoned to Starlight They pushed their way throught the crowd until they saw a large Paladin on a horse. The paladin shouted " All hail the Queen of Qeynos, Antonia Bayle"! The paladin gestured his hand toward a majestic woman stepping forward from behind the crowd. "I have come before you today to bring up a rising problem"! The queen spoke sternly. "Freeport is on the offensive sending groups of adventurers into our surrounding land of Antonica." "Many of our citizens have been brutally murdered at the hands of these fiends"! "So today i am looking for adventurers to join the Antonican Army, we are going to war against Freeport, once and for all these lands will be decided"! The crowd exploded into cheers. "Thats it" Vexx muttered "Whats it" Starlight asked Vexx "I'll join the Antonican Army, to prove my worth to the Queen and her beloved city" The queen began to speak again " So if you are interested in joining our ranks please go to Militia house now. Many adventures of many sizes moved towards the house and lined up in orderly fashion. All signing their recruitment forms, joining the army. " We go to war with freeport in 6 months" The Queen Shouted! The militia officer shouted above the crowds side conversations and comments " Training starts tommorw at he crack of dawn... everyone meet here at the militia house, bring everything you will need"!

The following day Vexx arrived at the Militia house to find only about three quarters of the people that had signed up. The Captain of the guard spoke to his private "i want you to find the people that signed up and never showed...bring them to me". "Yes sir"! the private saluted his commanding officer and lef a brigade into the depths of the city. The Captain turned to the new recruites "Welcome to the Antonican Army , training will be vigourous but when we are done, you all will be well trained soldiers.....

The next 6 months were tiring, endless days of battle training and vigourous test battles. A week before the war was set to begin the Captain made an announcement "Over the past few months i have been watching you, and i wish to appoint a special person as my right hand man, he has worked hard these past few months and i think he deserves the job, Vexx come forward please! This came as a shock to Vexx as he walked and stood next to the Captain. Then Vexx spoke "In one week we will thrash those vile scum that plauge us every day"!! The army broke into a large sounds of cheering and howling. The captain"s face spread into a half-grin.
  4. ARCHIVED-songsta Guest

The day of battle arrived. The army lined up in 25 lines of 100 men and women. They marched in oderly fashion accross the plain of Antonica, with Vexx and the captain in head on white stallions. They marched onward to Thundering Steppes. To their supprise there were 50 lines of 200 Freeport Ruffians standing on the other side of the gate. "What the...the Captain managed to mutter before the ruffians charged them. The freeports crashed through the Qeynos's lines one by one. Some people were taken prisoner, some took off running back to the safty of Qeynos. Most of course were brutally murdered. One of the ones that was captured was Vexx,. He was knocked unconsious and taken back to Freeport. When he finally awoke he was inside a large room with a very large fireplace burning and the mood of darkness setting in the room. On the other side of the room he saw a man sitting in a black seat raised high off the ground. Two men is very bulky black armor stood on both sides of him. "Wwhere...am ...I...Vexx's voice drifted off in the echo of the large empty room. The man stood up revealing a crystalline blade at his side and walked towards Vexx. "Your in my domain, The Twilight Citadel" "Who are...." "I am Lucan D'Lere, Ruler of the Dark City of Freeport" "Your Lucccaann" Vexx reached for his dagger but to no avail, as his weapons and his armor had been taken from him. His armor was replaced with thin cloth robe. "I have been watching you fight" Lucan stated "how, how could you watch me fight" Vexx curiosly asked "You remember that small Half Elf you came by in Antonica"?Lucan asked "Yeah,what does she have to do with this"Vexx demanded." She was a spy, that is how my army met the Army of Antonica by suprise, she realyed all the info and battle plans the queen had"Lucan stated "You fiend, your ruining many lives of innocent Qeynosians"! Vexx shouted " No it is not I who is ruining their lives, but your own beloved Queen" Lucan sneered "What are you talking about" Vexx Asked " your Queen has been stating a plot, using everyone in the army, you were all her pawns....

OOC-her plot will be unfolded in the next chapter ....
  5. ARCHIVED-songsta Guest

Lucan returned to his seat and beckoned for Vexx to come over to him. " Your beloved queen is in search for what she believes I have" Lucan said. "And what would...Vexx started "Quiet and let me explain, i do not take well to interruptions" Lucan continued " She is seaching for the Eternal Staff, witch she believes I have." Lucan beckoned to his servant to get him and Vexx some wine." The Eternal Staff has the power to keep its weilder alive for eternity" Lucan grinned slitly "You see Freeport is not her true enemy, but Fallix The Eternal, a powerful Drow who is the current wielder of the staff."Vexx looked confused "Then why did she want freeport out of her way"? Vexx asked. " I pondered this myself too, then i realised...she doesnt want the staff to fall into my hands, and with Freeport out of the way she wouldnt have to worry about any suprise attacks when she sent her army out to find the Kindom of The Eternal King, where Fallix resisdes" Lucan laughed "But of course I knew she was up to something so I sent in a spy... to find out her plans"......Lucan and Vexx spoke for a long while, discussing the details of the Queen's plan and how it was very important that Freeport stopped Qeynos and their Queen. "If she beholds the staff she will overthrow every creature in Norrath, Dwarf and Dark Elf alike" "Where do i fit into this"? "You can join me and Freeport in our task,or perish at the end of my blade...

"I'll help you, but i will need armor"Vexx stated "Of course, we have had our best armorsmiths and Weaponsmiths forge you the best Cobalt Armor and Weapons, I have also prepared a special item for you". Lucan gestured to one of his guards and the man disappeared behind the giant throne. As he appeared from behind the throne he was holding a dark red twisted bow. "Its the Twisted Bloodstone Bow. created from the finest wood mixed and forged together with raw bloodstone". As lucan made his way to the large double doors he said. "Meet me in the dining hall, there I will explain your task to you."

Vexx came down to the Dining Hall after armoring himself and arming himself. "Please take a seat Vexx" Lucan gestured to a large red chair. Vexx took a seat. "Your task is this simple, I want you to cross the plains of Antonica, and find your way into the castle where the Queen seats herself......I want you to kill her" Vexx's face was motionless. " My men have prepared your provisions and all the Cobalt arrows you will need". "We also will provide you with one of the finest Crimson Steeds""When do i leave" Vexx asked"You leave.... now"
  6. ARCHIVED-songsta Guest

My first shot at an RP, I should make it longer, any other suggestions?
    Message Edited by songsta on 10-08-2006 08:52 AM
  7. ARCHIVED-songsta Guest

"Yes sir"! Vexx moved silently out of the dining hall and out to the court yard. There he was met by a man who had his horse."Is this mine" Vexx asked. "it is" the man replyed. Vexx mounted the dark black stallion and galloped off. He came out of the West Freeport gates and he noticed off to the right a small rat-like creature fighting an largly oversized cat. "Help me"! The rat beckoned. Vexx sighed and drew his bow. Pulling the arrow back to his ear he let go and the arrow peirced the cat's thick plate helm and struck his head. The cat-like creature shouted something in Antonican as he fell to the ground. The rat wobbled over to Vexx "Tthaaank you kkind ssiir" Vexx galloped away searching for the old spires witch he had heard a story about.....

Long ago in a far time there existed portals around norrath. They were teleporters set up by the greatest of wizards. They teleported the bravest of adventures to a land called Luclin, the great moon in the sky. Land of the Va'Shir, cat like people. There were great cities on this moon. The people of norrath later set up a large marketplace on Luclin. They called it the Bazaar! People traveled from around norrath to these portals, to go see the wonderful place! The portals worked using shards...shards found on Luclin itself. There were few portals and wizards posted there to teleport these people carrying the shards to Luclin. Then one day...the moon had an overflux. To many people were then transported to Luclin and it exploded! Thus we have the shattering. Ahh was lost in norrath. Til two people took it upon themselves to show a safe haven for those lost in the shattering. Thus we have Qeynos and Freeport. Peices of Luclin still fall onto norrath to this day.

In recent efforts, some power wizards had brought the portals back. This time they ported to the Overrealm, The Kingdom of Sky. Vexx had heard of this place but never been there himself. Then from Kingdom of Sky you could go back down to Antonica. This is Vexx's plan to get to Antonica quickly...instead of by boat.

He found the spires quickly and asked the great wizard there for a special shard needed to teleport. Vexx was given one. He was in the shadows on his steed when he was struck by a heated bolt. Vexx turned around to see a small gnome striking him with spells. Vexx chased after the gnome and knocking him to the ground. The gnome scrambled and took off running. Vexx took to the shadows again and fired a hidden shot....dead...the gnome fell to the ground immeadiatly. Vexx had severe burns but he could deal with it. The portal had just begun to port as Vexx arrived back. Vexx went quickly through Tenebrous Tangle(a branch of the kingdom)to avoid confrontation. He arrived in antonica and immeadiatly took off.

It didnt take him long to reach the Tower of the Oracle. He passed by the griffon tower to avoid being seen. As he made his way closer to the gates he saw some small Qeynosian fighting a animated scarecrow down in Walcott Fields. He decided to pass up killing the young one and he moved on. He approched the bridge into Qeynos. it was heavily guarded. Vexx sent away his horse with a quiet whistle. It galloped off in the distance. He crossed down teh slanted hill behind a guard tower and made his way under the bridge. He took a arrow and tied a rope to it and shot into the wall directly accross from him. He tied the other end to a large rock. He took one hand on the hilt of his blade and the other on the flat edge of the blade. He slid smoothly down. He climbed the hill using the shadows as his cover.He decided to rest under the bridge until nightfall. At that time he could scale the side of the city with no one seeing. As night came Vexx moved out from underneathe the bridge and made his way to the wall. He took the rope and arrow he had used from before and shot it up the wall, hooking it at the top. He scaled the wall. At the top he found a large building roof top to jump on and he found himself in the back alleyway behind a tavern. He made his way to the castle and searched for a eroded part he could cross into. He didnt find that but wat he did find was better. A sewer grate then led into the Castle.He Went into the sewer and arose in side the castle, being sure he was not seen he made his way to the throne room where the queen was seated.

He found the throne room was guarded...but not anything that would be a problem for Vexx. He took a stone in his left hand and through it past the guard. The foolish guard turned his back to Vexx to see what or who threw the stone. Vexx took advantage of his curiosity and passed by him into the throne room. He saw Queen Antonia Bayle sitting in her seat. Two large Barbarian looking figures stood by her. They both had large swords and shiny metallic armor. Vexx knew he would only have one attempt to shoot the queen. He crossed up somestairs so he was overlooking the throne room. There were guards up there but only 4....one in each corner. Vexx easily snuck by them. He drew his bow and pulled back a special crystalline arrow. "Swoosh" "Ting" A invisible shield was surronding the queen. The guards were quickly all over Vexx,slashing him with their large swords. Vexx quickly evacuated the area out into antonica. He called for his steed and galloped away into a cavern near a refuge camp. Vexx opened up his spell book and began reciting an spell. Call of the Overlord. It took himself back to where his spirit was bound. His only fear...how could he face Lucan after failing his task.....
  8. ARCHIVED-MysidiaDrakkenbane Guest

I would be careful of run on sentences and break it down in paragraphs some. Other than that, you have a decent story shaping up.
  9. ARCHIVED-songsta Guest

Thanks but i think im gonna close down on this one right now and work on a new one, using word processor as advised :) itll be here in a week or two :)
  10. ARCHIVED-valkry Guest

Please do, I'm waiting to read your next. It is always wonderful to find a fresh point of view and I really did LOVE the "bad Queen" idea. ;-)