Vex Thal: Raid and Challenge

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Zizinana, Mar 24, 2024.

1. Zizinana Active Member

hi) I'm here again with questions)))

So. Question number one is why we can’t get into the Vex Thal: Beyond the Veil [Raid].
    We went through all the previous raids, but we never found the entrance to this raid.
    Perhaps we cannot find the entrance to this raid because we cannot complete Vex Thal: Edge of Oscuris [Challenge]

Although we are quite well dressed (for this expansion)) we cannot pass this area.
    We watched the video - everything is quick and simple, but we are constantly stuck and can’t do anything.

There is no information on Wikipedia.We don't know what to do.

Perhaps a fantastic weapon is needed there. But components for fantastic weapons drop in a raid where we cannot get into.

Question - what are the conditions for getting into the raid and if there are any secrets for killing the first name in Vex Thal: Edge of Oscuris [Challenge]?
  2. Benj Well-Known Member

The entrance to Beyond the Veil is near the other Vex Thal raid entrance, but it's not the same portal. There should be 2 or 3 portals along that building wall. Edge of Oscuris is not a requirement for Beyond the Veil. Phantastic weapons are required for nearly all fights in Beyond the Veil, and the components come from Labyrinth of Solace (the first Vex Thal raid).
    Zizinana likes this.
  3. Zizinana Active Member

Hm....
    We only have one portal, and there is no raid there... What is needed for the portal to appear?

We completed all the raids of this add-on, except Vex Thal .Only Hero Grimling was not killed because one of the components for summoning him did not drop....Maybe because of this we don’t see the raid?....
    [IMG]
  4. Zizinana Active Member

I also thought that to gain access you need to complete the quest "The Vexing Order of Bedlam"
    https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/The_Vexing_Order_of_Bedlam

1. Seek out and find The Scepter of Shadows - done

2. Seek out and find The Scepter of Illumination

for craft The Scepter of Illumination:
    glass orb of swirling shadow +
    orb of brilliant energy +
    vibrating phantastic core*
    shadowed expulsion rune +

for craft vibrating phantastic core
    10 shadow balanzite crystal or gem
    the chance of collecting this resource is so low that in three months I was only able to dig up 1 such gem
    also, here (https://www.everquest2.com/news/patch-notes-02-09-21) it is written that
    "The new gems can be found within Vex Thal: Labyrinth of Solace [Raid]."

From this I think that this quest is not required for access to the
    Vex Thal raid to be opened.
    What then is needed for access? Perhaps you need to talk to someone? Question with whom...
  5. Benj Well-Known Member

At least one person in raid must have access to zone in, and that access requires the Scepter of Illumination. It's intended that you craft that just using the Shadow Balanzite Crystals you find while harvesting. Because those crystals are also required to make the Phantastic weapons, it's convenient that early bosses and trash in the first Vex Thal zone (which don't require Phantastic weapons) drop the Shadow Balanzite Gems.
  6. Zizinana Active Member

Thank you! So I’ll continue collecting gems!:)
    Now we just need to understand why we can’t kill the first name in the challenge...