Veteran rewards on KD - Did I Miss A Memo?

Discussion in 'Lore and Legend Discussion' started by Almee, Apr 24, 2023.

1. Almee Well-Known Member

Did I miss the announcement that you all were going to delete about half of the veteran rewards for new characters on KD? I just made a new character there, to finish up my crafters, and found that I no longer had the items my other characters, on KD , have.

If I'd known, I wouldn't have paid for a new character slot. I already wasted 50 loyalty points, to buy the elemental mount I wanted, as it didn't appear when I opened my veteran bags. In fact, it didn't appear until right after I broke down and bought the disc rather than go through the ordeal of an appeal. Now it seems I will have to buy another one or park the character as my eyes can't focus with wings flapping while I fly.

It seems to me that it would have been a better idea to grandfather in the players who already had characters on KD. As it stands now, some players have access to houses and mounts others don't. It is even more upsetting because we paid real money to get those perks for our characters.

But maybe this is a bug and everything will be restored by tomorrow. I will hope that is the case like it was with the housing.
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Check your mount tab first, because new mounts added to your character always go there first.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

Nope. Right where it should be. Veteran Reward - 8 Year.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Mugwort Active Member

The 8 year veteran reward, when unpacked, delivers a badge looking icon object called "Veteran's Elemental Mount" into the adventurer's backpack. This item needs to be selected to unpack the mount. When right-clicked, a selection menu displays where the player then selects which mount they would like. Once the mount is selected, the mount then gets popped into the mount tab.

I just unpacked this on a KB character that has not claimed the item yet. Her bags are set up so that Collections & Quest items go into bag 3. When I unpacked the Veteran year 8 crate, the "Veteran's Elemental Mount" landed into bag three. Apparently, the game sees the "Veteran's Elemental Mount" as a quest item (maybe because it needs examined).

The mount itself, will not unpack into the mount tab automatically, until the Veteran's Elemental Mount (object) is right clicked, examined and a mount is selected.

So, if someone claims this reward, has a bunch of stuff in their bags, maybe uses auto-sort for quest items, and with the item looking more like a badge of some sort, like so many collectables and quest items, and if the mount seems lost, try checking bags by using the (C)haracter tabs magnifying glass search to locate "Veteran's Elemental Mount" to find exact location. Once found, right click. Examine. Choose mount. Then the mount is popped into the mount tab.
  5. Almee Well-Known Member

I've unpacked over 120 of these 8-year crates with no problem until now. It is one of the first things I do, when I create a character so my bags are empty after I add the Overseer agent to my collection. I then gather all the veteran items I use and start unpacking according to which items are most needed immediately. The mount is one of the first things I unpack.

I have done it so many times I do it automatically. I don't know why the mount wasn't with the other mounts or why it suddenly appeared a week after creating the character. I know I suffered a lot of headaches because I didn't have it which is why I finally broke down and bought one.
  6. Almee Well-Known Member

Today, when I logged on my new character, her veteran rewards were available. I'm beginning to think that the new 5-G tower, behind my house, is interfering with the game.