Vesspyr Daily Double

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by High Elf, Apr 22, 2014.

1. High Elf Active Member

I try to do this set of quests everyday. I usually form a group myself. Then on some days I can share the 2 DD quests with everyone plus the champion quest. On some other days I try to share them and it will tell me that some of all of the people are not eligible for one of the DD quests. This leads to a lot of confusion and sometimes debates over what the daily double is. Some people seem to be very sure that the DD is something other than what I got that morning after deleting all my quests and resetting all my zones.

What I usually do is drop every old quest in the morning and go get all the heroic quests I can get for that day which includes the daily double. Why does this problem happen where I can't share the quests? Only thing I can think of is that some people have old DD quests.

Can anyone fill me in on what exactly the DD is supposed to be and how you know which one it is?
  2. Lamatu Active Member

A DD quest will have 4-5 names to kill and the regular ones just two names.
    High Elf likes this.
  3. High Elf Active Member

I don't get it. I thought the daily double was when you have 2 quests in the same instance (not including the champions from beyond quest). For example, just now I deleted all my VI quests and got all the heroics again. This time I got 2 in Stratum, but this morning it gave me two in Picklaw. Does this DD not change at 3 AM EDT like the rest of the daily quests? I always get the dialy tradeskill quest in obol plains, and the daily loyalty tokens quest at 3 AM EDT. I also am able to get the new weekly quests at 3 AM EDT on Thursdays. I think the heroics DD does not follow this same time schedule. Does anyone know what time the Vesspyr DD Heroic quests change at?
  4. Gharyn Well-Known Member

You get the DD quests from Anex, the small drake beside the guy with all the dungeon quests and it changes on a more random basis. Usually 6, 12, 18 or 24 hours as far as I can tell. Also, Daily Double is not really an accurate description for it, it's just a different daily mission that someone started calling that and the name stuck.
    High Elf likes this.
  5. High Elf Active Member

That's right, the regular quest will have the final 2 named, while the DD quest will have only the first 4 named not including the final named.
  6. High Elf Active Member

Thanks, I didn't know that it changes on a random timer of 6, 12, 18, or 24 hours. But, that clears things up for me.

It's easy to see that this system is a mess and needs fixing because it causes many problems such as I described above.
  7. Prrasha Well-Known Member

Even if the quest changed every 24 hours exactly, you could still have that ineligible-when-shared effect, since the quest lasts for 48 hours. You're not eligible to pick up a new one, even if it has changed, until several hours after completing an old one (someone else probably knows exactly how many hours). So if I pick up quest 1 right now, but don't run it until 22 hours from now, 24 hours from now I'll probably be ineligible if someone tries to share quest 2 with me (or if I try to get it from the questgiver directly.)

Of course, if I skip it entirely and still have quest 1 in my journal when you try to share quest 2, it will fail, since you can only have one quest from a particular mission rotation active at once. If that's the case, I can just delete quest 1, and you'll be able to share quest 2 with me successfully.

And if the questgiver has changed quests between when you picked it up and when you tried to share it (if you have quest 2 to share, and he's currently handing out quest 3), you'll get a different error message, and you won't be able to share it with anyone.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

I've finished an old daily double and gotten the current one shared with me instantly...
  9. Prrasha Well-Known Member

So even that's not consistent. Sheesh.