Very very irritated at the loyalty vendors.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Caedo, Jul 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caedo Member

I'm pretty ticked at some of the things that are now available to just "buy" with the coins from the loyalty vendors. So much for veteran rewards being something to thank long time players. The state of gaming today is pathetic. "Oh no! You can't have something if everyone else can't get one!"
    B1GG1N, Oldtimer and Feara like this.
  2. Deveryn Well-Known Member

It's not like they're giving out Call of the veteran, broker boxes and Veteran Rez to everyone. Most of the vet reward items are fluff or of limited use to a character. A person could always wait to get these things for free.
  3. Caedo Member

Vitality orb/hammer, should not be on there. Also, I don't really care if they're 'fluff' or whatever, they were given as 'rewards' for long time support of the game. Giving any of them for a couple days worth of quests, regardless of how many (seems to be nearly all but the three you mentioned) is a slap in the face now.
  4. Wurm Well-Known Member

They could have made the things you see on the vendor unlock as your account ages, I don't think Caedo would have minded as much then.

Me? I don't mind, 1 token per account per day means a lot of playing to get anything.
  5. Caedo Member

10 days to get something the rest of us played for 5 years to get. Yeah, sounds fair.
  6. Wurm Well-Known Member

The things I want cost a lot more than that. And I've been playing since 2004...
  7. Ladymist Well-Known Member

I am pleased with this new loyalty system, and I am a vet. It's good that soe is showing appreciation to their players
  8. Caedo Member

a blood-written contract (7 year reward MCE house) - 25 tokens
    Fate Accessory Bag (6 year reward - appearance cloak and hood) - 5 tokens
    Mystic Moppet Billy (4 year reward - billy doll illusion) - 5 tokens
    Orb of Concentrated Memories (5 year reward - adventure vitality refill) - 10 tokens
    Pirate flag (18 month reward) - 1 token
    Pixie on a String (5 year reward - vanity pet) - 2 tokens
    The 5 year Firework (5 year reward) - 3 tokens
    Treasure Hoard (4 year reward - 25% coin rent reduction) - 10 tokens
    Veteran's Elemental Mount (8 year reward - flying mount) - 15 tokens
    Vision of the Thullosian (8 year reward) - 4 token
    Feldon likes this.
  9. Caela Well-Known Member

I have received all of those (and more) through the vet rewards system. I've been a subscriber since 2004. I started on launch day.

I don't mind a bit.

One thing that keeps people from trying a game this old is that they are afraid of how much catching up they have to do. I would hate for a brand new person to have to wait for 7 years to get some fairly fluffy items. None of these things are game breakers - but they are items that make the game more fun and interesting.

I have no desire to punish people simply because they didn't start playing at the same time I did.
  10. Wurm Well-Known Member

a blood-written contract (7 year reward MCE house) - 25 tokens - don't use except for storage

Fate Accessory Bag (6 year reward - appearance cloak and hood) - 5 tokens - fugly, don't use

Mystic Moppet Billy (4 year reward - billy doll illusion) - 5 tokens - use every day, don't have an issue with others getting it

Orb of Concentrated Memories (5 year reward - adventure vitality refill) - 10 tokens - nice to have, been maxed out for years now no longer needed

Pirate flag (18 month reward) - 1 token - it hangs in my house

Pixie on a String (5 year reward - vanity pet) - 2 tokens - meh

The 5 year Firework (5 year reward) - 3 tokens - love the fireworks use them all the time while bored waiting on the afk break to get done during raid

Treasure Hoard (4 year reward - 25% coin rent reduction) - 10 tokens - nice to have, see billy

Veteran's Elemental Mount (8 year reward - flying mount) - 15 tokens - really happy I can now get the rest of the disks for my one toon, thought it sucked that you had to choose to begin with

Vision of the Thullosian (8 year reward) - 4 token - too damn bright, looks like high beams, tried to get devs to fix, was ignored - don't use
    suka, Finora and Deveryn like this.
  11. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Here's the deal: No one has waited or played x number of years JUST to get a vitality item, CoV or a moppet illusion. If you have only ever paid to play EQ2 for a few items handed out once a year, you've been wasting your money. No one knew the game would even last this long. People have been rewarded for continuing to play the game. Those rewards continue to roll in. Anyone with any patience will eventually get their rewards. It's also worth noting that these items are purchased one at a time, unlike vet rewards, where it covers the whole account.
    Alenna, Plizzo, suka and 1 other person like this.
  12. Caela Well-Known Member

Pixie on a String is AWESOME!
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  13. Caedo Member

I'm seeing a lot of people with the 'new age' of gaming mindset. "you can't have something if other people can't get it." Great way to make a game bland. Not to mention it's no longer 'appreciation for veterans' when you start letting everyone have them. It's now just another questline.

Uhh yeah, that's the entire point. It's gone from a show of appreciation for 'old timers' to being just another marketplace. I don't actually give a crap if everyone has the same items (other than that entire mindset making games bland and uninteresting where everyone has to be perfectly equal and be able to look the same anymore) it's the principle of the matter.

It's like someone giving out a big medal to a person and announcing to everyone, "you can go out and proudly show off this example of our appreciation for all you've done so everyone will know it!" Then turning around and saying "Ok, now who in the crowd wants one too? I'll give you one for a quarter". (Edit: Ok fine, a quarter a day for 10 days)
    Feara likes this.
  14. Finora Well-Known Member

Wurm layed it out pretty well, though I do still get some use for alts from some of them.

I will say the only thing I personally really don't like about the system is that orignally when a change of system was proposed it was stated that veteran players would get a certain amount of credits (loyalty tokens or whatever) based on how long they had actually already played. Obviously we wouldn't get 9 years of back daily tokens but basically some bonus tokens for part of the veteran rewards . But we didn't. If they'd done that, I can't say I'd have any complaints.
    suka likes this.
  15. Meirril Well-Known Member

I think of all the items the Vitality orb and hammer should be there the most. Lets face it, by the time you get the veteran reward you don't need either of these. With them in the new loyalty program you can get them while they are still very useful to you.
    While a lot of the veteran rewards on the loyalty vendor are nice, for the most part they are just fluff. The majorly useful ones still aren't available. Considering the other items on the vendor, I'm certainly glad that I don't feel any desire to spend tokens on stuff I already have.
    oh, and its also a way to get multiples of some of the items, like the heritage paintings.
    suka likes this.
  16. Wurm Well-Known Member

All depends on your outfit lol
  17. Wurm Well-Known Member

Yeah I was wondering about that too, it would have been nice to have gotten a few tokens as a bonus for having played so long. Enough for one and 1/2 item would have been enough.
    suka likes this.
  18. Lempo Well-Known Member

I didn't too much mind the vitality item being on there they made that a pay to progress item when they put it in the SC shop.

I do not think the mounts nor the houses should have been there those are the items that are 'tangible', have some visibility whatever.

People just need to get it through their skulls that they can't have everything (or most things) that others have just because they want them.
    Feldon likes this.
  19. Caedo Member

Apparently they can these days.

You know, they could have at least pretended to still care about the actual veterans by at least renaming the things that are now being sold for tokens.
    Feara likes this.
  20. Wurm Well-Known Member

Still have to play to get them. And that, with as low as server population are now, is all that really matters.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.