Very Satisfied with Sale

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Feara, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Feara Well-Known Member

Thank you for the wonderful sale that you are currently running. I love the 40% off and the wide selection under all the categories. I loved that most of the services are on sale.

I have never had this much fun shopping.

It was great to pick up some houses, a few racial changes, house items and even Holiday stuff all at the same time!

Thank you!

P.S. Now the $5 off Best Buy cards were the icing on the cake :)
    Naudi, Finora and Avahlynn like this.
  2. Endymion Developer

What sort of cute outfits did you buy for me?
    Rhodris likes this.
  3. Gharish Active Member

I have to agree. I was able to afford to move a toon, buy a bunch of much wanted house items and still have a little left over. Kudos on the services sale.
  4. Gharish Active Member

Bet it wasn't a bikini.
    Avahlynn and Feara like this.
  5. Faelfreeblood Active Member

Hahaha there is the royal mummy wrap though. I bought that for a character I eventaly decided to make heroic when it was seasonaly avalible, the brightly colored mummy wrap.
  6. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

I loved this sale. Splurged on house items (the feast and table settings for ten) and some artwork to hang on the walls.

This was super great, thank you SOE!
  7. Katz Well-Known Member

I loved it too. I got more SC and bought a character slot, upgraded my second account to have mercenaries, got several of the holiday in July things including the NOTD house and got lots of decorating things.

@Endymion - I didn't see any cookie monster outfits there, so .....
  8. Deago Well-Known Member

Tuxedo Mask costume! :p
  9. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I was going to buy my Duck Mount, but Ttobey is making me sadder and sadder every day :(
    Seiffil and Rhodris like this.
  10. Llwellyn Active Member

Overall, I enjoyed the sale as well. I am, however, again annoyed at the inconsistency with how the terminology and implementation were handled.

Before anyone looks at post count and hand waves this away solely on that, look at my signature. I am a 10-year vet, I just usually lurk and only post when I have something useful to say.

On the next point, for the people who would dismiss this just because I claim to be a vet, notice the two level 85 characters at the end of said signature. They are heroic and were purchased during the sale, along with some other items.

My main point is this: Don't call it a sale repeatedly if it's a rebate. It's either a rebate, or a sale. It's not a "rebate sale" and it's disingenuous to keep saying so every time you offer it that way. If you have to have the extra cash on hand in order to purchase the item outright, the item is not on sale. It's basic retail law. I'm just asking for consistency in your marketing and announcements.

If you want to offer the promotion as a rebate and not a sale, it's fine, but make your messaging consistent and clear and make sure people know it's rebate based clearly in all of the communications regarding the promotion. For this promotion, there were multiple places it was referred to as only a sale yet again.

Additionally, members were offered their 10% rebate still, however, it was taken after the initial rebate was applied. Again, I have no issues with that and spent almost $75 in SC anyway over the weekend, but you have to be clear about this kind of stuff and be consistent across all of the posts on all of the platforms when posting about it.

None of the posts specifically said that is what you were going to do. It certainly makes sense that that is what you were going to do, but it never SAID it. I hope people understand why I see that as an issue and don't just go "Well, duh, that's the way it always works" or "Well, duh, that's the way it should work".

I'd like to end the post with a big thanks for not holding off on blending promotions either. Being able to take advantage of the rebate sale here and the sales offered in Planetside 2 while Station Cash was on sale at Best Buy was truly great. What's better than buying stuff on sale? Buying it with virtual cash that you only spent 66% of the value to buy!
  11. Griff Well-Known Member

It was a great sale coupled with the Best Buy cards that I bought for our friends and family. It was nice being able to purchase the Free Blood race that I wanted, but was too cheap to splurge on in the past.

I also enjoyed turning a few of our lower characters that don't get out as much, into Heroic characters that joined into areas that I always wanted to play in with that class, but were too lazy to level.

Some of the wife's dedicated crafters also became Heroic opening up the potential to work towards higher level craft rewards with a degree of safety.

As the wife best put it; it was a "Guilt Free" sale! Save on the currency, save on the items in the store. a Win/Win.
  12. Merriel Well-Known Member

I did enjoy the rebates on a few of the higher priced Player Studio items that I generally would not have purchased otherwise. The rebates are fantastic, and much appreciated. Thank you, SOE!
  13. Endymion Developer

I work with the guy so I know that feeling.
    Avahlynn, Feldon, Rhodris and 2 others like this.
  14. Talyen New Member

15. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Hey! You are on the list now!
  16. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

And don't like his posts! It only takes away from duck mount time!
  17. Deago Well-Known Member

Might catch a monkey...or ride a ducky...Norrath awooowooo!