Very Old New Player Returning

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Nuddo, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Nuddo New Member

Greetings all,

I am so happy to see this game is still going, I bought this when it first came out in 2000.

I am so board trying to find a new game that plays like this, i thought it would just be better coming back to EQ2.

I am from Scotland the UK and looking for a Server to join where i will be able to run will with people

can anyone recommend one?

Also i used to play as a Halfing Druid, can this toon still hold its on Solo in the game??

Great to this all still hope and hope to get playin soon
    Karamella and Hartsmith like this.
  2. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Thurgadin is the only dedicated EU server. There are several active guilds for whatever play style you want. It's I think the second busiest server.
    Make sure you set your client version to EU via the patcher. Go into advanced options and game version.

Druids are Warden or Fury. Both are strong, but perhaps for solo I'd personally be inclined towards warden. Any class can solo though, especially with mercenaries. Welcome back and enjoy :)

p.s. don't rush it. There is much to learn.
    Karamella, Hartsmith, Nuddo and 2 others like this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Depending on your play times, you may also choose to play on the U.S. servers. It's what, about a 7 hour time difference?

we have folks from Oz playing with us too, and they're already in tomorrow ;)
    Nuddo likes this.
  4. Tkia Well-Known Member

5 - 8 hours depending on where in the US you are. US silly clock moving dates not withstanding ;)
    Nuddo likes this.
  5. Svenone Well-Known Member

I raid with some Oz folks. For me the raids are from 3a-4a to 5:30a-6:30a (CST/CDT), for them it is evening hours. Most of Oz doesn't observe DST, but some parts do. GST+8/GST+9.5(+10.5)/GST+10(+11). Why the central part of Oz is +9.5 instead of +9.0 I have no clue.
  6. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Seriously! LOL
    I had taken a couple years off to play in a galaxy far far away. Just a 2-3 year break from EQ2, and when I come back, I found sooo much new stuff that was overwhelming. I still don't understand the mechanics of many of the new features despite being back for almost a year. However, even though I miss out on a ton of "bonus weekends" because I still do not have a character that can access the BoL zones, focusing on the parts I do understand is still a lot of fun for me.
  7. Nuddo New Member

Thank you for the info, i have not took the option to start with a lvl 95 Character, want to build myself up.

I am trying to get onto the EU server but i am struggling to find it, any tips??

Also when you first start what option do you take?? TRADITION, Free play, cant believe i am stuck at this point
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

In the Launchpad, at the top where it says "Version US English", change that to "EU English". That will get you to Thurgadin, the EU server.

Thurgadin is a traditional Live server. You can also choose to play on one of the U.S. servers, we have a lot of folks from the EU and Australia etc. that choose to play on U.S. servers because they have a higher population: Maj'Dul is currently the highest population Live server.

The U.S. servers also include the Time Locked Expansion server, Kaladim. Then there are Free Trade servers, where stuff that's NO-TRADE or Heirloom can often be bought/sold on the broker (Isle of Refuge and Rivervale), but IoR in particular has a low population and all the grouping seems to be in guilds, if you can find one.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Nuddo New Member

Ah thank you very much, i have started a Toon, will i have to start a new o e when i move to a different server??
  10. Breanna Well-Known Member

For a fee you can transfer your character.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Depends. What level is this character? If you're under level 20, I'd just leave it where it is and create a new one on Thurgadin. You can have 7 toons on Test, 7 more on US servers and 7 more yet on Thurgadin.

I keep a toon on most of the servers so I can go look at people's house decorating, personally ;)
    Hartsmith, Nazy and Breanna like this.
  12. Gonridor New Member

Hi there and welcome back!

My wife and I run a guild on Thurgadin server called Veterans of Norrath and we are full of returning players, just like you.

We are mostly UK and Euro based and more 'mature' in age, you would be welcome to join us.

We suit all play styles and levels of experience with no drama or pressure to progress.

Look us up 'in game' on the guild recruitment window, we usually have an officer or recruiter online, or shoot me a tell and we can talk more.

Gonridor
  13. Delishus Active Member

Greetings! I don't want to be that guy, but I feel like it came out in 2003-2004? I remember playing it during Thanksgiving break at college but I digress.

I'm back...again and lurking to get a feel of the live situation. Raided hard during TSO and then SoF(?) after that I faded.

Have fun!
  14. Elskidorr Active Member

EQ1 OoW expansion September 14 2004, EQ2 November 8 2004 and WoW November 24th 2004. I remember being in Everquest that fall and people kept vanishing to new lands. That was a crazy end of the mmo year and a start of new things.