Venril Sathir ACT

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Joami, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Joami New Member

Does anyone have an ACT trigger for the determine that drains power and makes you glow
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There's no timer AFAIK for the power. You watch your power and do not ever let it fall under 30%. That means Manastones used early and often, Overclocked Manastones, power potions, Signet of Replenishment, etc. If you are on live and can get temp adorns for power, that helps also.

Seems like I recall that ACT timers for Venril were off because he's immune to... Swipe, maybe? ACT sees the Swipe and adjusts the timers, but shouldn't for that fight. I don't know if this is still the case.

I have a couple of the spell timers for that fight:

<Spell N="Toxic Infusion" T="40" OM="F" R="F" A="F" WV="10" RD="T" M="T" Tt="" FC="-16776961" RV="-15" C=" General" RC="F" />

<Spell N="Fatalisis" T="28" OM="F" R="F" A="F" WV="10" RD="T" M="T" Tt="" FC="-16776961" RV="-15" C=" General" RC="F" />
  3. Kalika Well-Known Member

The noxious that Sig mentionned must be cured quicly or the person will die, healers shoudl not attack due to a fear proc on attacks, the detrimental that eats mana is called Mana Sacrifice (sorry i cannot find the icon) watch your detrimetnal and stop casting if you get it. Only a few people receive this detrimental which cannot be cured.

It should be easy to see in your detrimental window.
  4. Kalika Well-Known Member

Here at 33.35 you see the shaman geting drained, the green effect (like a mezz effect) is the monitoring, the effect that looks like a smmoner pet heal or the warden genesis is indeed the mana drain ... it actuallly makes your spells cost 3 time more.

5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I don't have a trigger or timer for Mana Sacrifice, alas.
  6. Kalika Well-Known Member

Btw the video is from a guildmate, but it is from Fallen Gate.
  7. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I don't think there is a drain associated with it, so you can't make a act trigger.

However, iirc it gives you an uncurable arcane (?) that shows that you have the debuff on you, and your character glows, and it goes in your detriment's window if you have that open.

In regards to the encore video, that fight no longer has a maximum power ceiling, you can just chill at 100% the entire fight now and you don't spawn adds, it's just when you go below a certain amount. Even then you have like 10 seconds before the add actually pops to get your mana back up to a suitable amount.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It's just a matter of people paying attention... and using only the rezzes that bring you back with 40%+ health. Venril starts watching the raid carefully when he's down to 60%, and that's your clue to watch your power.

Here's the timer for Mana Sacrifice (found an old ACT backup file):

<Spell N="Mana Sacrifice" T="40" OM="F" R="F" A="F" WV="10" RD="T" M="T" Tt="" FC="-16776961" RV="-15" C="Venril Sathir" RC="T" />
  9. Kalika Well-Known Member

This change is quite old, it was welcome because as it was it bared too many casul guild out of VP.

With the upper limit it was stressfull for my warden, i had to run if nature restoration proced too much. I like as it is now, people still have to be awake but it is safe to maximize your mana.

BTW the video is from Stormhold, Blackleo is now a channeler on Fallen Gate (alt or our main wizzie).