Veeshan's Peak - Druushk - Encounter Bugging

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Nata, Nov 2, 2023.

1. Nata Member

There is a fail condition triggering when it shouldn't be triggering.

For context, this fight requires a statue (1 of 4 possible ones) to be clicked to disrupt a ritual.

The encounter gives the flavor text, "You Hear drumbeats and chanting", letting you know that soon a statue will need to be clicked to disrupt the ritual.

Exactly 19 seconds after the drumbeats and chanting flavor text, one of the statues becomes clickable. When clicked you should receive the flavor text, "You have disrupted a dangerous ritual!". For whatever reason this message is not generating consistently whenever a statue is indeed clicked. This is a minor bug I call out just in case its related to the actual bug.

I have multiple pulls where the script is triggering the fail condition with flavor text, "Aaah! I feel the power of the ritual coursing through me." and moments later Druushk one shots the raid party. The bug here is this is happening 18 seconds after the drumbeats message, and 1 second before the statue would even become clickable.

I've seen this happen a number of times and was easy for me to dismiss it as 'hey, one of the 4 people must have messed up and not clicked in time'. But last night after having this bug 3 times in a row with the 4 players doing the clicking as seasoned players that have successfully done this fight 100+ times, I dug into timestamps this morning and it looks to clearly be a bug.

First Pull:
    [IMG]

Second Pull:
    [IMG]

Third Pull:
    [IMG]

As you can clearly see, fail condition happening before the time for statue to become clickable on all three fights.

I have no pulls showing a statue successfully clicked sooner than 19 seconds from the drumbeat message, this indicates the timer for one to activate is static. I'm unsure of how long you have to click it before fail effect is supposed to go off, but in all 3 above fights the fail effect went off at 18 seconds from message, 1 second before the minimum time for it to become clickable.

It is difficult for me to guess why / what is causing this, but I will point out two things that also happened on these encounters:
    1) The flavor text for successfully clicking does not display every time the ritual is disrupted.
    2) When disrupted, an x2 add is spawned and should agro a random person in raid and charge them. Add name - a droag ritualist. On all 3 examples above of the fight triggering the fail condition, multiple 'a droag ritualist' spawned and were non-agro and did not engage the raid.

Possibly the ritual fails when too many ritualists are 'up' at the same time, which in case them spawning non-agro/engaged needs fixing. Or possibly the event for disrupting is losing its proper state and causing a false trigger of the fail condition.

Difficult for me to say exactly what the source of the bug is, but confident this is NOT how the script should be reacting.

Please let me know if you require more detailed information.