Vasty Deep: The Abandoned Labs solo (Toil and Trouble)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Cx_morningstar, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Jazie New Member

Dear Devs -
    I was really happy to see a new mini-expansion and couldn't wait to go check it out, only to have the mobs wipe the floor with me. Dying over and over... and over, even though my gear is good, is NOT my idea of fun. =(
    witchy77 likes this.
  2. AOE1 Well-Known Member

No, it hasn't always been the definition of solo zones being built for 2 average/casual players.
  3. vlada Active Member

if you are dying over and over i suspect your gear isnt as good as you think it is. i also suspect low hp and potency.
  4. CSP84 Well-Known Member

You are right, back when i started playing in KOS there were only Heroic Zones and no Solo Zones Versions.
  5. Paragonvii Active Member

I enjoy this new zone!!!! This along with the loot satchels and the 120 boost. Won't woot! Love that they brought back vasty deep AND loping. Loved loping back in the day glad to see it back.
  6. DENSER Well-Known Member

Same, it's weird that falls at the time of a release of a certain other mmo, what a coincidence, but Yes, I take! strongly that Netflix release its own to take advantage of other catchy arguments
  7. Ichoris Well-Known Member

Where do you get the Loot Satchels? Are they only rewards for running the new zone? I read the announcement and it sounded like any RoS quest would give you one? I'm towards the end of the Sig Line and I don't think I have seen one. How do I get them? Thanks!!
  8. DENSER Well-Known Member

Any solo or else instances, also some quests from the sig.
    Confirm.
    Need to ve membership maybe ?
  9. Ichoris Well-Known Member

So any Solo Instance from RoS should work? I have the All Access Membership. I have done about 3 quests in the Sig Line for RoS and maybe 2 solo instances and it pretty much seems the same as always. Not really seeing anything new so far.
  10. Bludd Well-Known Member

satchels are on every RoS mission ive tried except the repeatable TS missions from researchers
  11. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

No, solo zones were built for one player, doable with gear obtained from solo questing. Advanced solo zones, which were introduced with Skyshrine, might require a merc to accompany the one player with solo-quest gear.

If you can't do a solo zone with gear obtained from completing the solo questline and a merc, then something is broken.
    Carynn, Tkia and Sionx like this.
  12. Sionx Renaissance Ranger

I play a Ranger who almost exclusively solos and I have no heroic or raid gear. The new VD is challenging but not insurmountable as is being described. It's clear the devs want us to bring a well-rounded toon to the challenge and that includes: spell/ability/ascension research and leveled and equipped mounts and mercs, Infuse where possible, Panda upgrades, etc.. Do the quests, turn in those collections and understand the mechanics of your class.

It all takes time, no doubt, but it can be done.

[IMG]
  13. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

Yes it may be doable but you need to work a full time job in game to do that and the players who have a RL job are not able to do even the least difficult of the quests .....
  14. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

You're kidding right?

This zone just requires you to have put a tiny bit of effort into your character. Expert spells, not hard. Solo mount, not hard. Questlines done, not hard.

If you dont have the above, your priorities should probably be on those above, rather than the new zone anyway. It does not take a full time job to do Solo content in EQ2.
    Cisteros, Sionx and Priority like this.
  15. Priority Well-Known Member

Sorry, I didn't realize I shouldn't be working full time, spending time with the 1 yr old, volunteering at church, and working out 6 days/week. I'll inform my raid leader that I tender my resignation effective immediately.
    Sious likes this.
  16. DENSER Well-Known Member

t no, it's just a matter of time and that, the devs understood it well, in a mmo where the players are in perpetual comparison, competition.
    Suddenly, the main items that most want to upgrade (well thought-out items on the part of the devs) require you to either be patient or have gone through the wallet box
  17. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

Yes I have spells that I use higher than expert , yes i have mount maxed , yes I did signature quests and yes my priorities are to do the lowest solo difficulty quest :) Imo if they want the new zones to adress higher level of difficulty than for the regular player then they should name it different than solo maybe advanced solo .... still not fair for a lot of players who could not use the update !)
  18. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

I am not talking about raid players doing solo quests :)
  19. DENSER Well-Known Member

And you don't need to be full-time in the game to progress.
    I have myself, a wife, 2 children and a job, a real al Bundy. And I am progressing ....
    Alright, I just got divorced, lost custody of the children, my job in stride.
    You have to choose these priorities!

All kidding aside, this instance is doable. If you are starting the game, yes you will have to go through the $ box, otherwise if you are in the game, active, Fulfilling, heroic, ol, ethereal, from time to time, with an up-to-date mount as well as your mercenary.
    No great difficulty
  20. DENSER Well-Known Member

Give us your eq2u. If WE can help, sure we ll do.