Varsoon or Maj'dul Discussion

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by SuperDarke15, Nov 30, 2023.

1. SuperDarke15 New Member

Hey all,

How are server populations on Maj'dul compared with either Varsoon as of now? I am trying to decide between the two.

I like that I can molo on Maj'dul and that the new expansion came out the other day; however I hear that Varsoon overall has more people. Any thoughts? I am not sure which to commit to.
  2. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

If they follow the same route they have before, by the time you really get caught up to everyone (low level is lonely) they will merge Varsoon to Antonia Bayle and be working on something else for TLE
    Maj'Dul will continue along as it always has, and while it hasnt shown major growth or shrinkage, the community is stable and has quite a few colorful characters.
    SuperDarke15 likes this.
  3. Evilary Well-Known Member

Varsoon for population hands down. Maj'Dul has probably 1/3 of the population of Varsoon. Varsoon is also a lot more group oriented than Live servers like Maj'Dul. End game is completely different as Varsoon is I think 80 where Live is now 130 on levels. Varsoon you have to keep your subscription active to access your characters, Maj'Dul you can still access your character at free to play level.

There are a lot of differences. If it's pure population Varsoon is the place to be.
  4. Slash8915 New Member

Are there any new/low level players in Varsoon still? I want to start playing this game again with my girlfriend, but I know the one thing that will kill the vibe and excitement for her is if the starter zones are completely dead and we are the only players running around. I briefly logged into Maj'dul and saw exactly that. Not a single person was in Freeport except for me.
  5. DENSER Well-Known Member

Welcome,

There are groups forming, low level, but you still need patience .
    With the start of expansion, many are busy discovering tso. But if you take the time to put the group together, there will surely be a tell and more.
    It often depends on your playing time.
  6. Evilary Well-Known Member

I would say most low levels hang out in guild halls when not in the world. I would check and do a /who all of the level range you are after on each server. I noticed Maj'Dul had around 85 to 90 under level 110 most the time when I came back. Numbers vary in the time of day and on Maj'Dul with Mercenaries, you probably won't see groups until end level unless you are lucky.
  7. DENSER Well-Known Member

There is no choice, going live he will tear his hair out once the resolve arrives, the mercenaries etc etc. Tle is the place to go to rediscover this superb game. Afterwards, we all have a masochistic side, going live when you like to hurt yourself is the right choice.
    Also, having exactly the same expansions, with exactly the same mechanics, exactly all the time everending story.
    Sorry, the color of the textures still change a little.
    Keep in mind that there are 2 games in one. The beginning, made by the founders, and what is done now, by the maintenance team.
  8. Slash8915 New Member

So you think Varsoon is the way to go as a new/returning new player?
  9. DENSER Well-Known Member

In my opinion yes.
    Be aware, however, that tle has an expiration date. It's already more than halfway there.
    It's my first tle and finally after so many years of playing live, I'm rediscovering the game that means so much to me.
    I'm not lying to you, doing low level groups will be a challenge, but much less than live.
  10. DENSER Well-Known Member

Maybe wait the next tle. ( Idk when)
    Wait for a double xp event ( one just passed).
    Or just jump in and try it!
  11. Slash8915 New Member

Oh, I didn't realize they expired... So what happens to our characters when the server "expires"? They get deleted?
  12. Evilary Well-Known Member

They get moved to a live server where you can keep leveling them to live standards. TLE is great in it's own way. If you have less time to play and you want to gain more ground faster, Live is the way to go. If you are about the experience and don't mind getting there slower, TLE gives you a more old fashioned experience.

Live server player is going to say Live is best. TLE player is going to say TLE is the best. In the end, you will have to decide based on your needs. Though I do not understand someone telling you to wait till the next TLE server before starting when you probably want to start now or you wouldn't be here.
  13. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

I play Live and have played TLE. On Live, most groups only happen at max level.

On TLE - low level groups happen when it opens, and then a few weeks in - most groups tend to be max level for that server.

You can solo up to max with a merc on Live or TLE at whatever pace you want to do it at.

In either case - join a guild.