Varsoon - LoN -> Heirloom

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Blehme, Aug 16, 2022.

1. Blehme New Member

Correct me if I am wrong, but is Varsoon not a free trade server? Whats the point of a free trade server if its not actually free trade, and your continually changing items to heirloom?

Starting to kind of feel like a bait and switch at this point....
  2. Zenji Well-Known Member

You are wrong.
  3. FurrowedBrow New Member

The patch notes don't say if the "Loot" is becoming heirloom pre, or post, unpacking.

The entire point of the "pack" system is to trade loot items.

"Unpacked" items are no-drop and NOT tradeable to alts on the same account.

There needs to be some serious communication/clarification over this change. IF packed loot items are becoming Heirloom, ie: untradeable, then LON loot items are being crippled with this change.

It sounds like they only want LON to become a "LootBox" mechanic where whales drop $1000 for their favorite LON item, and removing the ability for you to earn these items through in-game play and exchanging plat for said items.

It's either a MASSIVE buff, or a MASSIVE nerf/breaking of their LoN loot system.

One is acceptable, the other is not. :/
    Bekkr and Naneeje like this.
  4. Naneeje Well-Known Member

Well said FurrowedBrow,
    May I ask, and I'm asking the developers here, what gain was there for Daybreak to tag these items as Heirloom?
    It certainly appears as a money grabber only, a way to make more money from the game. I don't like that.
    Pay to win sucks, pay to look cool is ok. I'm ok with that.
    But when you include stat items that benefit a player, (runs speed in particular), what did you gain by going heirloom?
    Thanks,
  5. Fikkif Member

Completely agree with OP. Was sold as a Free trader server....not much is free trade other than items that used to be in chests, now instead of selling those during raids, we just put them on the broker afterwards.
  6. Zenji Well-Known Member

Yes a free trade server is a server you are free to trade stuff that drops from mobs.
    That's what was sold, that's what we got.