vamirism?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-curnalsanders, Dec 7, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-curnalsanders Guest

spells seems a bit lame, just hit 80 and havnt been in a group to try it out in that setting but have been soloing. if i cast it on myself and have lich on it expires right away, and if i cast it on tank pet as soon as he takes a hit it expires right away. only time i can see this worth casting is if in a group or raid the tank sheds hate and a healer or caster takes a hit and then when tank gets aggro again i could use it to slowly heal up the healer or caster... but aoes would hit them.....
    so.... what are the uses and applications of this spell or is it just a POS spell?
  2. ARCHIVED-MXGinge Guest

well you and i really are in the same boat just hit 80 myself and cant for the life of me figure out when the *&^% that spells is worth casting seems like the time spent casting it and the cost of the spell are not worth it.
  3. ARCHIVED-Jasuo Guest

The spell does not expire because of lich, it expires because you took damage from a mob.
    As it is in current form the spell does not honestly rate a slot on a hotbar or cast rotation, the designer who created it and the beta testers that ruined it are who you can think for that. The only time you will get anything out of it are on large group encounters when there are no ae's of any type and your tank will for sure hold agro. The slightest damage to you or whatever target you cast it on immediately removes it.
  4. ARCHIVED-wullailhuit Guest

curnalsanders wrote:
    There are no uses....it more often than not lasts maybe 1-2 seconds...does minimal damage , little healing...

Necros have been asking for 1) Make it AE immune and keep healing the same 2) Make it non-direct AE immune and Heal a lot more.. for a long time...since level 80 became available,,,

but nobody on the Dev team has taken any notice of the class for a long long time.

Thats one of the reasons I swapped to my mystic as my main and retired my necro.
  5. ARCHIVED-pinkflamingo2 Guest

Only time I bother with this spell is when I'm grouping with my husband's lvl 80 SK. And then only when we mentor down to 70 to grind writs for guild faction in Kylong. I can cast it on myself and wipe out an entire mob since the SK and my fighter pet hold all the aggro.
  6. ARCHIVED-Arkinon Guest

It is useless... take it off your hot bar and forget about it.
  7. ARCHIVED-Warkral Guest

Arkinon wrote:
    I read it's description when I hit 80 and said, "thats frikking useless" and never thought about it again.
  8. ARCHIVED-Ratan_Kabidge Guest

Useless you say? Well, not if you understand how it works. It isn't that tough..... and keep in mind, it is a SUPPORT spell, not a DPS spell, but it does do a bit of both.
    Solo, I have to agree, there is not much use, but solo mobs, there isn't any need either really. Groups, and especially raids, this can be VERY useful if you know what you are doing.
    Spec AA for Dark Pact. With Dark Pack on your pet, it does not take any AE damage (this is important, since the spell ends when the target you cast it on has taken any damage, if the tank is doing their job, then they take all the direct damage). When you use it, target pet, cast spell, you're set. With no damage taken to tghe pet, the orb will usually be alive still at the end of a fight (well, except for those long ones, ok, ok). The Orb does damage to every mob in range (blue AE style) and heals everyone, including any pets in the raid within range. I;ve hit well over 500 HPS using this on certain fights where AE damage hits everyone, especially when the encounter is not a single target, since the AE heal procs on EVERY hit of the spell, so an encounter of 3 mobs will heal the entire raid 3 times each time the orb procs. The only real problem I've seen with the spell at times, is the mage pet, casting at range, may be out of range to hit the targets, but you can adjust your pets position to resolve this with a little practice (and yeah, any raider using the scout pet over the mythical mage on a raid needs to retire the game imho).
    Personally, I use a marco, target pet, cast on a button. Since I send the pet into battle befroe casting it, the pet has a target, so I can continue casting through the pet and use his target (though, you have to be careful, if you get sloppy it can cause agro issues if the tank has to switch targets for some loose cannon spike damage classes like a rangers, wizards, or warlocks).