Valdoon Heroic Boss = Broken, never activates

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Mogrim, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Amaitae Active Member

PS: Even before weekend..
  2. Mogrim Well-Known Member

will a fix for this be part of tomorrow's patch? the notes do not indicate.
  3. Chrol Developer

Not for tomorrow. We're still looking into this, but for now, un-equip The One Above until Irodal and Valdoon turn aggro, at which point you can reequip the weapon and use it as normal.
  4. Crychtonn Active Member

Looks like if you use FD to flop from named to named and by pass killing certain trash it breaks Valdoon's script.
  5. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Yea well this just happened to me for the first time today on Valdoon, and no one in the group had any ethereal.
  6. Jinkies New Member

Slapped him, room caught on fire, golems never activated. Have priest and fighter etherial. Logged out, zoned out and evaced. Unequipped etherials. nothing
  7. Chrol Developer

Irodal's and Valdoon's scripts were edited to prevent The One Above from stopping either from going aggro until we get that weapon's effect working properly. It appears Irodal is turning aggro reliably now but not Valdoon? I'll take a look at Valdoon again tomorrow morning and will try to get a fix in by the next hotfix. Thanks for the bug reporting all, and for your patience.
    Luciar likes this.
  8. Thundercloud Active Member

Valdoon was still messing up even tho I have the one above u equipped for entire zone...Any suggestions?
  9. Chrol Developer

He should be working after this morning's hotfix.
    Luciar likes this.
  10. Luciar Active Member

Woot yay Chrol! I'll be sure to test it out today once my friends log in! (I swear I have some! :p)

Thanks for your hard work on this issue!
  11. kittytank New Member

thank you chrol. Btw, as far as I can tell after some serious testing, it looks like the mage ethereal is finally fixed (not just the scripts). I've tested it in 8 zones which I could reproduce the problem in, and it works in all of them with no issues. Yay.

The neck reward shiny still sucks for tanks and healers :( want more mit/cb :(
  12. LoybalfImiavSordufjo New Member

It may be fixed for Valdoon, but it's still causing issues in other (older) zones. First named in Sanguine Fountains for example. Back in my bag it goes, glad I didn't pay for this damn thing.
  13. Breta Well-Known Member

Devs it's time to acknowledge the mage etheral is broken beyond repair and finally change the effect to something that do more dps and doesn't break scripts.