Vaclaz Released (HM) and your summoned pet

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Nikelo, Nov 12, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Nikelo Guest

Looking for opinions from experienced players.
    Vaclaz Released encounter in Underfoot Depths, the hardmode version, has a fail condition requiring his adds to remain alive. As a Conjuror I would unsummon my pet after a planeshifted timewarped EB to prevent his AoE's to burn down the adds and pop him back up again with Dimensional Storage for another EB when it's cooldown expired. As a Necro my pet has nothing like EB but still has plenty of AoE damage so I do not bother having my pet up at all during this encounter.
    Im wanting to know if any other Necro's out there keep their pets active throughout the duration of HM Vaclaz or if you all take the same approach I do and leave it down?
  2. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Why in the world would you kill your pet at all on Vaclaz Released? Even as a conjy, leave your pet alive and go full burn. Otherwise you're wasting a raid slot over someone useful.
  3. ARCHIVED-Nikelo Guest

That was my reasoning at first too. I figured full burn or wtf is the point. But I find my pet massacreing the adds as a Conjuror even without Unity running nearly to the point of killing them, ACT would show massive incoming damage on the adds from my pet, multiple thousand dps on each add. Maybe due to a poor add tanking location? This is the input im looking for. Now I know as a Necro my pet provides far less DPS than my pet did as a Conjuror so I was going to try to keep my pet active through the fight as a Necro since my pet does less DPS.
  4. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Yes, it is due to poor add placement on your raid's add tank.
    NO summoner should ever NOT use their pet full time on Vaclaz Released. Vaclaz normal you CAN make the case for not using your pet (at least not using mage pet) but not hard mode.
  5. ARCHIVED-Cisgo Guest

If this mob is fought in easy mode you must use scout pet and remove your pest rain/torrent gear. Hard mode you use mage pet as usual, never had an issue.