Upgrading bags

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Ultack, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Ultack New Member

I acquired bigger bags for my toon inventory and I cant find the fast way to transfer their content rapidly, please tell me in 2013 we're not still empty all the content of bag A in B, remove A, place bag C, Fill bag C from bag B?

I have better thing to do with my time than click a thousands of times just because I want to upgrade my bags.
  2. Tatanka_7th Active Member

Well, the quickest way does require you have an empty slot somewhere (inventory, bank, house vault, etc).

What you do, is you place the new (bigger) bag in a slot and open it. Then you drag the icon (not the bag window, the icon from your char window, or bank window) for the smaller (still full) bag over the open new bag. Viola! All of the contents are now dumped from bag A to bag B!

This also works if bags are not completely empty. And if there isn't enough room for the contents to be dumped, it will still dump over as many as will fit.

Tat
  3. Ultack New Member

So instead of having to transfer everything twice I just have to do it once, I guess user friendly improvement in EQ2 take twice as long as they do elsewhere so by 2015 we might have what everyone else had in any other MMOs for 10 years, a full instant transfer of bag/container content to another.
  4. Reds Member

Last time I changed bags I just moved the new large bag over the old one and it got replaced, and all the stuff that I had in my old bad was now in my new larger bag.
    Cannot be easier than that.
  5. Ahupu Well-Known Member

Ok maybe he was unclear, you open the new bag drop the closed old bag into it and it AUTOMATICALLY puts the items in the new bag you do not have to manually transfer anything at all (the thousands of clicks you talked of). 4 clicks: double click to open bag, one click to pick up old, one click to drop in new. I do not see how any other game could have less than 2 clicks to do the same thing, but this method is hardly user unfriendly even with twice that amount.

That said your complaint over the described method reminds me of when the iPhone 4S came out. An enterprising soul came up with a dock for your phone that resembled H.A.L. from "2001: A Space Oddessy" that would activate Siri by voice because apparently pressing a button to activate it was too much work. Charged two grand a pop and I know there were some fools who bought it .
  6. Tatanka_7th Active Member

Nowhere did I say you moved items one at a time. Next time, try something before you complain about it.

And, also, you never had to move things twice, even if doing it manually. Your example was contrived to make it even more difficult. In your example, stow bag B, move items from A to C, and you're done.

Some people just love to complain.