Upgrading/Adding to Guild Amenities

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Bhayar, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Am I the only one that thinks it's odd that tinkered items used by guilds in adventuring/raids like lifestones, manastones, defib, etc. either lack their own depot or can't be stored in any other readily available depot is a rather glaring oversight? We seem to have every other depot available for the avid adventurer/group/raiding guild, but these.
    While I understand that the other depots house trade skill production items, there's not much difference to the average player. Either create its own depot, or better yet, have the ability to add them to the pots, poison and totem box makes a lot of sense.
    I'm curious what other players think about this idea.
    Naudi likes this.
  2. Meirril Well-Known Member

The items your talking about are used like potions and totems. It would make sense to add them to the potion depot. It could be that the way those items work it wouldn't lend itself to a depot. The other items you can add to a depot can be broken down into single charges. Tinkered items still work under the old "bauble" type. Each item has a limited number of charges and does not stack with other identical items. You also can't divide a bauble.

Because of this putting a partially used bauble into a depot would be something dev would want to avoid. They would need to create some way to track the number of charges on a bauble. That would probably mean having as many different ID numbers as there are charges on each bauble to track how many 1 charge/2 charge/ect. baubles there are in the depot. Otherwise they run the risk of introducing a way to refresh a stack by storing a partially used stack and pulling out a full stack.

The ideal way to solve this would be to convert all the tinkered baubles to stacked charges like potions and totems. That would require quite a bit of work, but that should be done even if they weren't going to be added to a depot. The days of baubles is long past, get rid of the last craftable baubles.
  3. Deveryn Well-Known Member

It sounds like they're working on this solution. In the Q&A on 7/9, someone asked about tinkered items being stackable. They said it would probably happen early next year.
    Feara likes this.