Updated quest rewards from years later.

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Cusashorn, May 11, 2020.

1. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I've discovered there have been some quests in the game that have had their quest reward pools updated with new rewards long after I had already completed them. If I submitted a ticket to customer service, would they replace the reward?

For example: The Illuminate Gi of Stillwater is the brawler reward for completing the Rise of Kunark quest "Bellywhumper Grumble".

I completed that quest back in 2008 when Rise of Kunark first came out. The gi was added to the reward pool in 2011, and I feel cheated for having missed out on it.

Hanshi's Gi of Prowess is a brawler reward from the "Steam-Powered Spies" quest in Steamfont Mountains. I completed that quest back in 2007. The reward was also added in 2011.
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

*sigh*

I petitioned to see if I could get the rewards from these quests. They can't do that. That means I'm missing out on a few unique brawler gis in the game that cannot be obtained in any other way. :(
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

If it helps the look of those items is not unique. The Gi of Prowess looks exactly like the female formal ensemble you can buy from city merchants (30g + change 169,866Sp) and the Illuminate's Gi of Still water looks just like several other gis you can get as drops (I'd have to search for names on my horde of characters) but also just like the Light Ornate Gi you get in the brawler's ornamental gi crate on the marketplace (450dbc)
  4. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Yes, I am aware of the visuals, but it's also the principle that I'm trying to collect as many Gis as possible and catalog them.

The Initiate's Threaded Gi from the "A New Dress, NOW!" quest at Windstalker Village actually is a unique reward. It's black old-world gi with white trim-- absolutely truly unique. It's no-trade, and apparently CS won't let me have any possible way to obtain it.