Updated concise list of Monk class bugs

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-bonesbro, Feb 7, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Kronadin Guest

Add Tranquil Blessing to the same bugged list as Stagger Stance. As soon as you cancel it from the maintained buffs list, the reuse timer starts from scratch - and in this case is 5 minutes. :smileymad:
  2. ARCHIVED-bonesbro Guest

I believe that is the intended design, according to the 3/21 patch notes.
  3. ARCHIVED-Velorek Guest

Add Transcendent Vision to this list.
    IMO, it's broken. If it's not broken, then I'd like to get an understanding of just how it works, since the description listed for it is not visible in the form of any numbers on the target it's cast on.
  4. ARCHIVED-Bewts Guest

Since the patch allowing us to see avoidance percentages, I decided to see if Staggering Stance was functioning properly. At level 24 Adept III Staggering Stance states:
    12 AGI on the caster
    25% Avoidance on the target.

Since I cannot cast it on myself, I had a level 20 Dirge friend group with me and had him watch his avoidance. Before the spell was cast, he had 53.1% avoidance. Afterwards he had the same exact avoidance. No visual change of the 25% to avoidance as the spell states. My avoidance increased by 2.2%, I presume from the agility I recieve from the buff.

Not satisfied, I had him attack a grey mob to see if perhaps the buff only took effect when the target recieving the 25% avoidanace was under attack. Still no change in avoidance noticed by him.

I was not satisfied with that information, so I borrowed a random 21 monk and asked him to cast Staggering Stance on me. I watched my avoidance prior to casting and it was sitting at 73.2% After he cast it on me, there was no change in my avoidance at all. I expected the buff to either increase my 73.2% avoidance by 25% of 73.2% which is 18.3% or it would be a straight 25% increase. Neither way was the case, there was no visual change.

I'm not positive the buff isn't working at all as intended because I did not parse before and after fights to see if the avoidance was still being applied even though you did not see it properly displayed, but regardless this is a bug that should be looked into.
  5. ARCHIVED-NeVeRLiFt Guest

Ok its been a while with the patch and these bugs.

Here is what I am seeing..

Staggering Stance, Martial Discipline and Transcendent Vision do not stack anymore and the person they are cast does not show any improvement to avoidance.
    These skills also now do not refresh, and sometimes after the recast timer has stopped they still take another 3-10sec to recast. And last but not least these skills are locking out and wont refresh. What I'm saying is they look like they are cast and they are not cast! They never refresh and I must log off to get them working again.

Face of the Mountain my buff that allows me to tank is not refreshing and this is just ruining my ability to tank.

Everburning fire and flame are not refreshing and they also do not stack with Spider Stance.

I have also noticed almost all are buff's do not stack with are stances so this makes them useless. Why give us buff's when they dont stack with our stances?

:(

PS: I have also noticed I take more damage since that last patch (get hit harder) and from zone to zone my weapons show different damage they do.... I'm not really sure what the real damage output is for my weapons as it changes from zone to zone.
  6. ARCHIVED-ForceUser Guest

There are stacking issues with our DOT attacks. Waking Dragon (fire damage) does not stack with Diving Dragon (melee damage)--Diving Dragon always overwrites Waking Dragon, even though they are different types of attacks on different timers with different HO icons (Diving Dragon is a boot, Waking Dragon is a scimitar). Furthermore, the optional level 40 combat art Son'Li's Spitting Cobra (poison damage) does not stack with either Diving Dragon or Waking Dragon, even though it is on a different timer, does a different type of damage, and has a different HO icon than the other two (Son'Li's Spitting Cobra is a fist). So we have three disparate DOT attacks, none of which stacks with any other. Diving Dragon overwrites Waking Dragon, and Son'Li's Spitting Cobra overwrites both. Ironically, Waking Dragon is the highest-level art of the three and does the lowest damage per tick. Because of this stacking issue, the monk who chose Son'Li's Spitting Cobra at level 40 has little reason to use either of the other two DOTs in most situations, and likewise, the monk who chose a different level 40 special art has little reason to favor Waking Dragon over the more-damaging but lower-level Diving Dragon. The only useful aspect of having three DOTs that don't stack with one another is that they are each a different damage type, and thus one can be situationally superior to the others. This stacking problem might not be a bug; it could be the developers' intent that they do not stack and are merely available as damage type options (melee, fire, poison). If it IS a bug, please fix it, because it's annoying as heck.
  7. ARCHIVED-Velorek Guest

I too have noticed the issue with weapon ranges and ratings changing for no apparent reason. I used to think it was just me being forgetful when it only affected damage ranges but it's very easy to see now with the ratings displayed. For instance, when I first got my Mace of Endless Storm in a raid, the rating was 30.1 but I noticed it had dropped to 27.5 (it's true rating) after I had called back home. I also see other examples like this when examining weapons on the broker too. And as far as I know, stats and buffs don't affect the way that info is displayed on weapons either.
    I'm not sure what causes this but it can be very deceptive if you aren't paying attention, especially when buying off the broker.
  8. ARCHIVED-Larathyn Guest

Add: Upgrading Dragon Stance from app 3 to adept 1 doest change the +values to the offensive skills it only further decreases your mitigation
  9. ARCHIVED-Harpax Guest

Noticed this weekend when playing with a monk guildmate. If a higher level monk lands Waking Dragon or Diving Dragon before you, you can't use that combat ability until the dot component drops.
  10. ARCHIVED-Uthar Guest

Anyone knows what Stone Stance is for, beside getting whacked :smileywink: ? I tried the skill and i was stunned for the whole time and couldnt do anything. Is this skill bugged or just useless?
  11. ARCHIVED-Rohlstusk Guest

That's what the skill does, if you are tanking and got a good hold of the mob and the group can take the rest of it down, you can cast it. Yes, it totally imbolizes you, but it's supposed to boost mitigation so that you can take a lickin while the group keeps on ticking.
  12. ARCHIVED-Nefarien Guest

Stone Stance has it's uses, but they're limited.

I haven't looked since the changes in the way AC is expressed (mitigation/avoidance breakdown), but in the old numerical display, Stone Stance added a TON to AC. Buffed my AC could top 8000 with Stone Stance.
  13. ARCHIVED-Uthar Guest

Thx for enlighten me a bit about the skill, thought its bugged, but now i can see how it works. :smileyhappy:
  14. ARCHIVED-Nemi Guest

It adds about 8% mitigation, its well worth using if you know you can hold aggro.
  15. ARCHIVED-Azazel-Defiant Guest

Add Winding Dragon to the stacking bugs.
    Winding Dragon, Quiet Purity, and Focus energy all have an increase to DPS %.
    Focus energy seems to Stack with either Winding Dragon or Quiet Purity. (The new damage numbers on weapons allow you to see the increase if you do a right click examine on your weapon when the CA is used).
    However Quiet Purity and Winding Dragon do not stack. Quiet Purity completely overwrites the dps bonus for Winding Dragon. Luckily Quiet Purity also balances the loss of attack skills from Winding Dragon.
    The Tranquility Bonuses from Winding Dragon and Transcendant Vision do seem to stack, so CAs do more damage. However due to the loss in damage from normal melee attacks, and the fact that the dps increases of QP and WD do not stack, the net effect of using WD is a loss in dps. Even at Master 1 WD is semi useless.
    I saw a post in this forum where a monk stated they had removed WD from their hotbar. I have plenty of hotbar space, but I never use this skill. Even without a stackable haste, Spider Stance + Quiet Purity results in higher average DPS than any combination with WD. Maybe if you combined WD with Transcendant and found a way to spam CAs without end it would work out. /shrug
    Az
    Nek
  16. ARCHIVED-Korpa Guest

Here are some of the things I've noticed (Please note that anything said is based on observation, as I do not have a log parser running yet):

- The Staggering Stance line of arts doesn't seem to upgrade properly. Staggering Stance (Apprentice IV) has been grey for a long time for me, but I still use it since the upgrade Martial Discipline (Adept I) is nearly useless. With the addition of the Avoidance percentages, I get .4% Avoidance from the 14 Agi of Staggering Stance, and only .2% from Martial Discipline. The percentages don't change even after my group-buffed Agi breaks 230 (up from 155). Since the Avoidance on the target doesn't seem to work properly either, there's no reason to use the upgrade.

- Rescue can be dealt with in one of two ways. Either it is underpowered and needs to generate more Threat (I think I've had it work for me maybe 10% of the time), or they need to make it so that it is on a 15 minute timer. IMO, Rescue is the Fighter Class "emergency" ability and it needs to be brought in line with the other similar abilities (i.e. Evac on the same 15 minute timer). Either way something needs to be done, since this ability is incredibly undependable.

- Tranquil Blessing (Apprentice IV) has no apparent effect. It is supposed to lower the hate gain of a party member, but I've never really seen evidence that it does anything at all. In fact, as a grey-con ability at App IV the text reads: "Increase Hate Gain of target by 0%" I'm not sure if this is a bug in the text, or if this is really what it's doing, but I save my concentration for other things.

- The level 40 Training Lu'Sun's Raging Soul seems to conflict with Focus Energy. Lu'Sun's Raging Soul is essentially Focus Energy (Adept II) but it has a 20.0 second recast instead of 30.0 seconds. This is the only combination of abilities that I know of that are on the same timer, but have different recast timers. If I use Focus Energy (Master I) both arts are down for the full 30.0 seconds. Similarly, if I use Lu'Sun's Raging Soul, both are down for only 20.0 seconds. I understand why it is doing it this way, at least in terms of coding it, it just seems more useful to have the training back up in 20.0 seconds no matter which art you use.

- I have noticed that there are some ability "con" problems. For example, my current level is 40.74. The ability Silent Threat (Adept III) [Required 155(Level 31) Mastery 205(Level 41)] is currently blue. It is randomly Yellow on login, but it started showing up blue when I hit 40. According to the description it should be White at 41.

That's all that I have really noticed, aside from things that have already been said. Hopefully I can find a good parser to get some numbers to back it up.

-- Neyar
    40 Monk / 44 Weaponsmith of Unrest Server
    MT for Guild Dreamkeepers
  17. ARCHIVED-Korpa Guest

**Edited for double post....
    Message Edited by Korpa on 04-30-2005 12:07 PM
  18. ARCHIVED-SuperchangAL Guest

Gage - I've done some math:
    Nearly 4,000 posts in @ 4 months.
    Roughly 1,000 posts per month.
    Approximately 33 posts per day.

It's not monks who need fixing. No offense! ;)
  19. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Yup, plus all the other forums I post on. But I digress, a few people on this forum have over 5k, mostly NGD posts though.
    But yeah, I'm a computer nerd, never argued that, and I get to post at work too. /shrug
  20. ARCHIVED-Arrowheart Guest

Haven't tested actual values but the scaling (delve values at least) appears to be working from app4 to adept 1 and to master 1 from what Ive seen by inspecting the spells on the broker.

On a side note, has anyone tested Compress Master 1? Just upgraded from Compress App4 which delves for 23 if I recall and and Compress Master 1 at 32. However it does not heal for any extra value over the app4, and maybe even slightly less, seems to be like around 22 (versus the 32 its suppose to do) if I calculated right on my numbers. I bugged it in game but wanted to pass it on here as well.