UPDATE REQUIRED: Akashic Neverthere - Quest info

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Ellimist, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Ellimist Active Member

I have a real problem with the design of the epic 2.0 and the akashic Neverthere step. In the previous step it was quite easy to deduce where the items would be located with a couple of hit and miss areas where you might also consider them to be.

However the Akashic Neverthere is just bad design period. The quest and text you have with bellengere tells you nothing about the study at all. It tells you what the akashic neverthere is but not the study. The problem here is that bellengere knows what the study is and where he got his copy for him to create his study in the neverthere.

As such good design would dictate that he tells us about this so we have breadcrumbs to decipher where we might find our own copy. Now it may be going from place to place following clues like he did that aren't updates but are actual clues be them graphical or conversations. but they don't exist in the current in game text with bellengere period.

Someone needs to update the conversation text with Bellengere so that it discusses this (His neverthere study copy) and leaves a trail to follow.

If you need help on good game design and how to create a tough questline that isn't solved in 2 seconds without it being a pure crap shoot like it is at the minute go and talk to Gareme Base. The Eleventh hour book is a perfect example of how the epic 2.0 should be designed. The current design is bad.

Lest we also talk about testing and making sure it actually all works BEFORE we start on them.

Most mages are not taking epic 2.0 seriously anymore and are either not actively looking or only halfheartedly looking. I for one am off doing other fun things because there is no puzzle to solve here because there is no start to actually go and work it out.

There are further issues with Epic 2.0 which I have put in /suggestions with regards to the poor design and testing performed on these which were heavily talked up in the KA video.
    captainbeatty451, Iglu and Nubek like this.