update ~ BettyKroaker's Home Pics

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by BettyKroaker, Jan 18, 2014.

1. BettyKroaker Well-Known Member

Hi again everyone~! Sorry I didn't post pics the first time I am new to posting :) I'm on the Permafrost Server - Large Home (I goofed earlier and said Medium sorry~!) - Bettykroakers Estate. This is the first house that I have published ~ I am honored to be among all of you talented decorators~! I have been on the game for over 7 years ~ I play to decorate & thanks to the developers out there for the changes over the years allowing us to be even more creative~!
    Here are a few pictures - keep in mind I am new to this so I messed up a couple probably :) Enjoy~! you are all so talented~! Happy Crafting~! Ribbit......riiibbbiitt.....[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
  2. Katz Well-Known Member

Well done, I love all the details. Especially the drunk orc who fell on his face and is seeing pink elephants. :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Afista Well-Known Member

Each of your spaces is really brought to life with details and plushies in action. I adore the little bear who got into the muffins and I'll be sure to avoid the lurking crocodile in the garden area :)
  4. Narrek of Butcherblock Member

Your home has life to it and looks like a fun place to be!
  5. BettyKroaker Well-Known Member

Thank you for your kind comments~! :) I have learned a few lessons...I should have taken screenshots before publishing so that I could have placed blocks to hop up higher for better angles and I could have invised myself how silly~! I have more areas too and lots of detail all around...but hard to capture the pics ...live and learn :) The bear got some fish too off the shelf he only left the bones and the Orc I love ... you can see his mug and spilled contents but I didn't capture it in the shot - when you get close to him he says "hic! I thinkkk I sheee a Pink Elephant!...hic...." something like that lol. Thanks again have fun~!
  6. Charlice Well-Known Member

NO NO NO! I enjoyed seeing Betty!

Your house looks great, thank you for posting pictures. :)
  7. Galldora Well-Known Member

This place is great, so much detail! I see you've used one of my favorite paintings, too (the wolf with red frame.) It really pops in that room! Nice. Nice bath, too, it looks like a place well suited to a Froggy.

I like the way you've incorporated the people plushies into your scenes, and you mention that you've given at least one of them dialogue...well, you're my kinda decorator, Betty! I suppose I'll have to be making a pilgrimage to the Permafrost server to experience your creation myself.

Hehe, I've had that same problem with wanting to take screenies of a published house and really missing my handy-dandy teleportation pads, which are just great for taking screenies if you don't already have the max number in the house. Even then, I usually just temporarily commandeer teleporters from other locations for this purpose. It looks like you managed to meet the challenge nicely though, and I agree with Charlice that including Betty in the pics is not a problem at all. I always enjoy seeing characters in the shots. BTW, so it's not possible to invis after publishing a house? I had no idea...

From your comments, it sounds like this may be the first time you've posted screenies of a house. Very nice job! :D

P.S. I see you have your UI turned on with windows closed. You can also toggle the UI on and off with F10 (just in case you haven't discovered this little trick yet.)
  8. BettyKroaker Well-Known Member

Thanks Galldora ~ I have two of the wolf paintings another area I put one too ~ one of my favorites too! Yes, it's my first time posting...I went a bit crazy with the UI stuff ~ my hubby got me the most fabulous gaming keyboard but the F10 trick doesn't work /froggie sigh ....so I went into settings in game and tried to get rid of things or hide them down there behind it ~ I have lot's to learn about the technical side of things in game ...didn't quite work :p ~ well off to continue what else ... but ... crafting for my many projects ~ someone brought to my attention I forgot to say that you can enter the house from the Qeynos side ~ Permafrost server ~ hope you get to take a look sometime :) Happy Crafting.....Ribbit.....
  9. Galldora Well-Known Member

Hmmm...have you checked your UI settings? If not, try going to options, click advanced in upper right corner, go to controls, then command keys. Toward the end of the list of command keys is one called next UI mode. Maybe your keyboard is defaulting to some key other than F10. In any case, you should be able to set whatever key you want for this command. Or...maybe I'm wrong, but this works on my Logitech G510 keyboard.
  10. BlackRabbit Active Member

*giggles* I love the drunken orc! What a brilliant idea! *goes through her bag of plushies* They shall be drunk too in the near future! Bwahaha!
  11. Gracey Well-Known Member

That bear in the muffins is great - love the whole thing! Great eye for detail!
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Totally agree with what everyone's saying about your plushies; at first, I didn't see the elephant in the room, so to speak, and just thought the elf had shoved the orc over. Still hysterical! ;->

If I might make a couple of suggestions: everything looks wonderful, very imaginative, but two little nit-picky things...you might lower the pool cue so it's actually in the player's hand, rather than tucked up under the elbow (unless you get another sort of thing for a "bridge pool cue" in her other hand ;->), and the "toilet tank" could be sunk in a bit so the legs don't show, or put into something of a similar color, like a shrunk-down block of Blue Marble or something like that, and sunk into that so the legs don't show, thus maintaining the illusion. ;->

Other than that, awesome job, and nice pics! :)

Uwk
  13. BettyKroaker Well-Known Member

Hi again all ~ :) Thanks Galldora that worked! I went in and actually had to assign another key to the F10 ~ had it all set to EQII defaults and it did show the F10 as the UI one .. but it may have been just fussy so I assigned the space next to it and used my "<" key and it works~! big thanks~! Thank you BlackRabbit and Gracey for your comments & you too Uwk ~ Thank you :) "noted your thoughts" :) Thanks ~! ~ The picture angle on the pool cue is horrible .. it's actually leaning against the table but that pic doesn't show it properly, so she is actually standing back from it wish I had taken that shot better lesson learned ~! Ya! looks like it's coming out of her armpit when its not ack !!! ~giggle ~ so I posted another angle that seems better so she doesn't look impaled... I am posting some more pics from the house for ha ha's but they sure don't come across like when you are in the house ~ I made a level one char on the AB server and other servers (took advantage of the sale on extra character slots) to come visit all the great houses I hear about I can't wait! /waves Bye for now ~~~~~ Ribbit ....[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

ROFL!! I also caught an angle I didn't see before with the pool player: the "break" she apparently did of a mass of billiard balls had a little too much English ("No such thing." --Dr. "Ducky" Mallard, NCIS), and now they're flying everywhere! Priceless! :D

Uwk
  15. BettyKroaker Well-Known Member

Ooooo Uwk ~ glad you got to see a better pic angle~!, so hard to capture the life of the houses on here ~ she and the Ork make a good pair and I think they will be a bit "green" in the morning :Dno pun intended ... however, somehow ... I am purple? not sure how it happened...purple froggie .. hmm ....maybe someone spilled grape juice on me ...."sticks out tongue" tastes yummy~!
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I have to visit this place... X-D

Uwk
  17. Galldora Well-Known Member

I just got back from a long and enjoyable visit to your house. There's so much to see, lots of nooks and cozy spots! You've really done a great job with this Uncanny Estate. Of course I gave you the votes before I left.

Love the secret room! It has a nice cozy feel and seems to be a good place to keep that big pile of gold safe and secure.
    And that divider you created for the pool room, with the cues and cards and such, that's very cool. I may have to "borrow" that idea from you. I also like the way you've cut down the size of the bar in the pool room. That came out really good.

I like lots of stuff about this house, but I think what really intrigues me is how successfully you brought the house to life with the plushies. They tell a good story and add a lot of humor and whimsical touches. Very nice! :D
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, the plushies make a good house great! And yeah, I totally missed the point of the pool table area again; those weren't billiard balls flying around from an especially violent "break," it's just an advertising sign. ;->

A very clever one... ;->

Uwk