Update 51 changes to Boon line

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-isis23, Jan 9, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-isis23 Guest

Id like to know why wizards get a static 8% hate decrease in addition to their dethreat proc added to their version of this spell and warlocks only get the dethreat proc. Doesnt make any sense. Any plans on modifying this spell to mirror the wizard one?

Hina
  2. ARCHIVED-Windowlicker Guest

Typically the warlock only gets nerfed.
  3. ARCHIVED-Detor Guest

They prefer that anything to do with what's on test be posted on the In Testing forum. Better odds of somebody noticing it there too.
  4. ARCHIVED-Araxes Guest

My guess would be this:
    As of the most recent update to Test, warlock's no longer have extra hate added when we cast an encounter AE. Let me explain it.
    As it currently stands on Live, when we cast an encounter AE, we accrue the normal amount of hate (1 point for each point of damage, roughly) and on top of it, the hate is mutliplied by the number of mobs in the encounter, as each mob in turn passes its hate to the rest of the encounter. This is why we gain aggro while doing far less damage than other classes, incidentally.
    In the update on Test, that hate multiplier is removed -- we still accrue hate per our damage output, but it is not affected by the number of mobs in the encounter. (When I say 'multiplied' - don't take it literally. It's not a quantitative measure, but a general statement. The multiplier is undetermined, but it does exist.)
    So let me re-iterate. In the current patch on Test, warlocks are accruing hate vs. all mobs in an encounter, as do all classes, but we are not accruing the extra hate associated with mobs 'telling their friends' that they have been attacked.
    So I;'d imagine -- since this is actually a pretty big win for us, that wizards are getting a static hate decrease to accomodate them in much the same manner.
    After all, it is no secret that warlocks and wizards BOTH have suffered ridiculous amounts of death when other classes like Assassins and Brigands get away with doing far more consistent DPS (but live due to the single-target nature of their attacks, and high auto-attack damage boosted by a hate transfer, in the case of Assassins and Swashbucklers.)
    However -- this change in the way hate is accrued is not just for warlocks -- it is for all encounter AE. It just happens to affect us more than others since we are the only class I know of that can toss out close to 150k or more in just a few seconds (in zones like Befallen or Guk).

Whether or not this change goes live I don't know, but currently things look very good for us, overall.

Ara

EDIT -- and yes, please do, by all means, a /testcopy of your character and please give your feedback in the Test forums. The devs do frequent there and they are certainly watching this.
  5. ARCHIVED-Detor Guest

Araxes@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Better than before perhaps, but I don't see why wizards should get an extra -8% that we don't get. Our old version of the spell transferred 4% hate (9% with AAs) the same as the wizards before the update so if they don't add the -8% hate loss to ours we're still taking a substantial hit in this update.
    All the AoE change does is bring things closer to fair, by no means does it give any kind of advantage to a warlock over what wizards have. Wizards will only get hate for damage they do, a warlock will only get hate for damage they do. I see no inherent advantage in that for warlocks that would validate us not getting the same -8% hate mod on our version.
  6. ARCHIVED-Nevao Guest

It could also be that between Propogations and the Boon AA we are getting 11 someodd procs per minute for our dehate. 9.6 (if I'm remembering correctly) if you skip the Boon AA lines.
    Perhaps the wizards get something similar, but regardless that's a ridiculous amount of procs.