Upcoming Contest for July! Get Ready Now!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Niboota, May 20, 2016.

1. Niboota Well-Known Member

So a while back I discussed this with you guys and the time is now approaching! "Frostfell In July - Gone Wrong! Decorating Challenge". If you are interested in participating, feel free to start working on your design now. Here are the parameters you'll be working with...

PARAMETERS
    • The Challenge will officially start on July 1st and end on August 31st. Look for the announcement thread during that time to enter.
    • It must follow the theme in this post.
    • It must be a home that you have never published to the leaderboards, or one you have completely 100% emptied to re-use for this purpose. I want fresh designs to show in my videos! ;)
    • Any size and any location will be welcome.
    • All skill levels are welcome and encouraged!
    • ALL SERVERS are welcome! Stormhold and Public Test are encouraged to participate!
    • You can start on your home any time, as long as you do not post any screenshots anywhere nor publish it to the leaderboards until the contest officially starts.
    • PRIZES: To truly even the chance for prizes, I'm taking a page from Elyana's book. The main prizes will be determined by a random drawing, so your skill level will literally have nothing to do with winning the main prizes!
    THEME
    You must have a Frostfell based theme except.... Frostfell has gone all wrong somehow, so your space could be spooky or even murdery! Or maybe Santa Glug is angry and spreading destruction across Norrath! Or maybe the goblins are revolting and running amuck in the cities, plaguing everyone with their hijinx! Or maybe the dark elves have taken over and everyone is being forced to destroy everything Frostfell related by their new dark masters! Or MAYBE the Trolls have taken over and dead Frogloks (and high elves *coughs*) litter the streets! OR an alien invasion Frostfell with flying saucers! The mind races! Feel to use any of these ideas if you like (in fact I'd love it if at least one of those ideas was used!) Anything goes, as long as Frostfell has gone wrong! I can't wait to see what you all do this one!
  2. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

This is a fun contest! Woot woot! Cannot wait to see all the houses entered!!!
  3. Uaine New Member

4. Merriel Well-Known Member

I've already started decorating, and in fact, I think I'm almost done with the house now. Look forward to seeing everyone's entries. :)
  5. Eliohia2 Active Member

I won't be participating, but I will check out the houses.
  6. Febrith Well-Known Member

Ooh she's quick off the mark - I'd forgotten all about it!
    I can't resist all things Frostfell - though haven't got the foggiest idea where to start with this - see where the muse takes me I guess!
  7. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Sign me up!
    I'm IN!
  8. Niboota Well-Known Member

This is just around the corner, and I'm getting so excited! Also one of the devs have agreed to provide a house item for everyone who participates in the challenge. YAY!
  9. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Guess I had better get started cause there will be 10 days in August (between the 14 and 24) that I will be in Wisconsin) that I will not be able to play! Sounds like fun!
  10. Febrith Well-Known Member

Bagsy a rolling pin!
  11. Niboota Well-Known Member

I don't think I know what that means...?
  12. Febrith Well-Known Member

"Bagsy" - to secure for oneself - like, "I bagsy the strawberry ice cream" - calling it as your own and everyone else has to have the vanilla!
    Years ago Guides on our server used to give out rolling pins for doing odd little quests but they don't seem to have them anymore - I could really use some rolling pins!
  13. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

EEP!
  14. Niboota Well-Known Member

HAHA! Sorry Boglily! ;)
  15. Merriel Well-Known Member

Ooooh, a rolling pin would be such a nice item, lol. I wouldn't be able to turn that down. :D
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

[emphasis mine]

Well, mine isn't exactly an invasion, per se...wasn't intended to be, and there's not that many aliens involved... :-/

Full credit will go to Jexi for the design idea(s) I've stolen wholesale! :D

Uwk
    who really, really should have made up the dusty old Kerra mind back before the Neriak and Freeport (and even Qeynos) City Festivals were over... X-P
    Mizgamer62, Faeonara, Niboota and 2 others like this.
  17. Merriel Well-Known Member

Mine is an invasion of sorts though not the kind of invasion one might expect, and I don't have high elves littering the streets but I do have a wounded arasai lying on the ground of the property somewhere.

July is right around the corner, then we can reveal all. :D
  18. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

Oh! I want to do this, need to focus! Find an alt, pick a house...
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I used a Snowy Dwelling, since, y'know, Frostfell... ;->

Uwk
    Mizgamer62, Niboota and Merriel like this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Still the main problem with the Snowy: real-life snow blindness. X-P

Will have to see about the lighting for it all... :-/

Uwk
    who wonders: Bright lights for the interior of the house, "gentle glow" for the outdoors?
    Mizgamer62, Merriel and Prissetta like this.