Unscheduled maintenance (my nap)

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Strings, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Strings Well-Known Member

Can you please tell me when "shortly" is? I'm trying to schedule my nap.

RadarX Community Manager
    "All US servers will come offline for unscheduled maintenance shortly. Downtime is anticipated to be less than 2 hours but we will provide updates should they become necessary."
    Zannya and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Crastinal Active Member

I'd love to know as well.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Golum Active Member

This is insane. They treat us like mushrooms :mad:

I am sure they will do something to make it up to us. They seem to care...
  4. Illeara Active Member

I'm pretty sure I saw one of the devs say somewhere that they would make it up somehow. It's a busy day with Frostfell and all that, so I'm sure they'll be forced to do something to keep people happy.
  5. Adevil Well-Known Member

Servers just went down. I gather it's to fix the no-zone tag that was accidentally put on one of the Greenmist weapons. Edit: And possibly putting the existing Guided Ascension scrolls back to 1 million xp.

Frostfell started early, so they've already made up over a day on it. :)
  6. Kuulei Well-Known Member

It started early with a bug and hopefully they will fix the bug along with the rest of the bugs :p
  7. Beverlycsmall New Member

They broke the game I tried to login and crash login failed
  8. Tekka Well-Known Member

A very busy day with Frostfell given that it went live with missing art assets for 4 of the new craftables (cool mint service) as well as the Deepice quest chain still broken.
  9. Kuulei Well-Known Member

The game is down for fixes and estimated time is 2 hours
  10. Tanita66 Member

I am just so i dont know even whats the word,angry bc of this,non stop maintenance,i hate it,killing my will to play and even now,now is maintenance for 2hr when its 23hr...few days ago maybe 2,server went down in middle of game,i waited....i just very pissed because i didnt bough last expa,why do i have to expiate for those who bought....
  11. Vandace New Member

Hey now, no need to worry. According to their server status page, all of the servers are up.
  12. Nelie Well-Known Member

The expansion has been out for 3 weeks now. There are going to be some unexpected maintenance downtimes still outside the Tuesday scheduled downtimes. Been that way for years now for EQ2. Downtimes aren't even that long either, 2 hours? Go get some RL stuff done and come back. Don't get mad over a game that is being maintained and updated for you. Also, why do you have downtime even if you don't have the expansion? There is usually stuff that is being updated in general with the expansion so it goes down for everyone.
  13. Tanita66 Member

i know that,everything you are saying i just overreacted because i was very excited and happy bc of frostfell,love it...and now like i said here is 23hr dont know will i wait or not for servers up
  14. Illeara Active Member

The servers still seem to be down... Right? Or is it just my computer?
  15. Darcon New Member

sorry but this suks. No warning just drop the server. SOE was bad but you guys are trying to supass them.
  16. kluxor Well-Known Member

No offense, but if you're not buying the expansion I'd wager that you're not paying a sub either....so don't complain about what you're getting for free
  17. Tanita66 Member

yea you are right only important persons are those who buy and spend money,we that are playing for free no need to pay attention on us ;) :(
  18. Asavi New Member

Not thrilled to come home for work to relax and have to wait...BUT am VERY happy that DB is fixing issues. I can wait. I'd rather not get in game and see it all screwed up. Also, thrilled to note that 2 of my bug reports are being addressed :)
    Rakk, Zannya, Prissetta and 2 others like this.
  19. Lojaak Well-Known Member

Pretty much every MMO will have extra downtimes after an xpac. You cannot possibly get all permutations of bugs and kinks solved in a beta test, because code does strange things (any programmer can tell you the stuff has a life of its own) and a new item can impact the most seemingly unrelated game asset, because that's just how code is, plus there are always *those players* who manage to glitch or are great at running into bugs out on live (I'm very good at glitching scenery and getting stuck inside things. I have no idea how, every MMO I've played I've done it. Once I spent a whole world boss fight on RIFT stuck INSIDE a cannon because I'd managed to glitch inside the scenery and couldn't get out again. I have no clue how it happened and I couldn't reproduce it if I tried.)

Yes, the Greenmist thing has been massively irritating and a hinderance, but they seem to have found the issue and are patching it amazingly quickly IMO. It's possibly something as simple as a misticked box buried in a database somewhere, and if you think of how much information is going into this game, how many states a quest will generate, with visibility of some items and none of others, it's easy to see how this can happen. (I do actually find it hard to immerse sometimes because I'm thinking about what is going on behind the scenes to make the things I am doing ingame just work, and it makes my head spin.)

It's almost 23h in the UK here, so must be nearly midnight where you are. And, y'know, I'm just going to take an early night and come back to the game tomorrow. I was having a lot of fun decorating my guild hall with some of the new KA items, but I don't think it's going to dramatically affect my life if I can't do it right this minute because of maintenance. It's fun to be in game, but it's also nice to have a break from it too.
    Chiffon, Zannya, Prissetta and 2 others like this.
  20. kluxor Well-Known Member

Did I say there's no need to pay attention to you? No....i said you have zero reason to complain about something that you're getting for free. Better yet, support the game
    Sydnye, avashi, Febrith and 2 others like this.