Unrest Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Testers Only' started by ARCHIVED-Jindrack, Feb 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Jindrack Guest

[p]Please post any of your feedback about your adventures in Unrest here. I'll add more here when I get back into the office tomorrow morning. :)[/p][p]Adding the info I gave in a thread back on the old forums:[/p][p]"Unrest is a heroic, single group instance, with npc levels 72-74. It is expected that players attempting the zone have 65-70 Legendary gear, are level 70 with adept 3-master 1 spells, with 60+ AAs, and access to 5th tier deity miracles and blessings. I am shooting for a difficulty that is higher than instances such as HoF, Valdoon, Blight, but a touch lower than Castle Mistmoore and Nizara.[/p][p]Thanks guys!"[/p][p]One piece of advice is to turn your combat music down so that you can hear all the cool sounds we added to the zone.[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-EtoilePirate Guest

I hope you still have the PMs of general feedback because I don't remember most of it. ;) I was wondering, though, which of the nameds inside are supposed to give AXP for first kill. I seem to have lost my notes, but I remember that neither the Bartender nor the little guy with the inventory bombs (brilliant idea, that was fun just for being so different) gave any to Kella, though the big Battlemaster thing at the foot of the stairs did.
  3. ARCHIVED-Lunani Guest

[p]I'm wondering if unrest will be visited very often on live servers. In the same time you clear the zone you could go to several other instances and probably get much more loot.[/p][p]additionaly, players who are able to do the zone have probably better gear than some drops in there[/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-Rommie10-284 Guest

I agree with Lunani - I think the expectations that have built up around Unrest will cause a backlash when it goes live, in it's current form. The drops just aren't worth the time you have to devote to do the zone, when others are shorter with equal results. There won't be a shortage of bitterness, I'm afraid. It'll end up a one-time zone, and people will go back to doing what they do now. The design itself has some neat elements - but the nostalga factor also works against it, as it's not a zone you can hang out in like you could in EQ1. It may be Pandora's Box, and quite unfair, but as it stands, the zone's getting panned. But if you increase the strength of the drops, you have balance issues and the perception you HAVE to do the zone ala Harclaves. If Unrest had released with EOF it would have been just another cool new zone, but now - what people think they are getting and what they ARE getting won't match, and that leads to disappointment. And in a few ways, I understand it.
  5. ARCHIVED-Rommie10-284 Guest

Whoops, can't edit - I do have a question. Is the 80x2 intended to be beatable, a challenge for the uber-Raider types, or just a walking roadblock? I ask only because I've seen what it drops, thanks to the QA testing - and disappointment won't begin to describe the results if some group somehow takes down the thing. Or is it just a kind of Honeypot - where if some group does take it down, the how is the real information. Caught cheating, or some kind of exploit, or a new, legal tactic that is exposed, whatever happens, it ends up public. Information is Ammunition, right?
  6. ARCHIVED-Jindrack Guest

All seven of the named bosses should give AP for the first kill. I'll double check, but I believe they are all flagged to do so.
  7. ARCHIVED-Jindrack Guest

[p] Please describe why the zone is being panned. Is it because it isn't dropping Fabled loot? The zone is meant for legendary geared groups, so raiders won't find upgrades here. High group players will definitely find upgrades. There are 2 tomes to collect, 2 collections to gather, the legendary class bp, the legendary class hat, and each named has a pretty deep loot pool.[/p][p] Hype isn't my department, so I can't help what kind of hype is generated for the zone. I can only make sure the zone is fun and the people it is targetted for like playing through it.[/p][p] Also the 80x2 isn't meant to be killed, it is a slow moving death machine to be scared of and avoided. He just has the joke doll and the BP incase someone does kill it. I would be surprised if a group of six does though. He cons red, has almost every special ability in the zone, and a ton of buffs. :)[/p]
  8. ARCHIVED-Kethaera Guest

This is just little, but after you talk to Jessa Quellborn's ghost and the chest appears, it returns "You didn't find anything in the chest." to the text window every time anyone in the group examines it. If this is intended, it's kind of odd, as I looked all around to figure out how I'd managed to examine something without clicking anything the first time it happened. I've got a screenshot of it if any Dev type wants it.
  9. ARCHIVED-Heattanu Guest

[p]I thought some of the drops were pretty nice, although I haven't seen that many legendary drops to compare it with. I picked up a 2-h staff with 48 sta/int, 160 hp/pwr, +focus/disruption and a proc and a very cool graphic. The final mob dropped a very nice mage robe that Jaly picked up.[/p][p]The problem is this zone takes way to long to complete. Even with players that knew some of the tricks to get thru some of the first few access steps, it still took our full group about 7 hours to complete including dying at least 12 times each (and that means repair kits required). It was fun but gruelingly long, and does not make me want to repeat it due to the time investment involved. Got hubby agro for the all day gaming session.[/p][p] I would recommend making the door access into separate quests, where if anyone in the group has access to that door, the group can bypass doing all that again. You would still have to clear to the next step, but it should shorten it considerably and allow repeat players to get to the relatively few named faster or in several visits rather than one looong play session.[/p]
  10. ARCHIVED-goboy Guest

[p]Bugs:[/p][p]* The doorway to the final area is Black to me - if I step through I fall through the world.[/p][p]* I have yet to see the door hammer drop. Each time we have received it from the Chest.[/p][p]* Skeletons in the last area repop extremely fast.[/p][p]Challenge: This zone is about perfect for the type of group we can muster on test. Besides the amount of time it takes to complete, this zone is fun.[/p][p]Loot:[/p][p]Wand of Crystallized Plasma (or something like that). Interesting wand with an interesting proc. The bottom line, Grizzfazzle is still superior. Grizzfazzle procs 300-600 points of damage 2x per minute - Plasma procs 1.8x a minute a buff that increases the next damage spell by 6%. The only way it comes close (or exceeds) grizzfazzle is if my next spell is Ice Nova or Fusion. For the plasma wand to be more desirable, I would recommend changing it from 6% on the next spell to 6% for 15 seconds. I will post more later (after work).[/p][p]Jaly.[/p]
  11. ARCHIVED-EtoilePirate Guest

We saw that doll. Venos was busy behind the shed, or some such. ;) Chest pops somewhere we aren't, suddenly we see, "er, don't loot that," and have a REALLY good laugh. I want a Lucan Action Figure, too! ;) Of course, someday in a far and distant future, the Bugaboo will con white to players... *ponder*
  12. ARCHIVED-Joren_Wolfheart Guest

I believe that the reason the zone is being "panned" is the fact that it takes a ton of effort to not get many drops. I may be wrong, but I've only seen 2 of the named mobs drop ornate chests, and most drop treasured. Whereas some of the treasured drops are nice, you still want to feel that if you put in at the very least 5 hours of gameplay in that you can get amply rewarded. Having two pieces of the class armor drop in the zone is very nice, but it seems unfairly tipped against a groups favor that they will get something they can use. While running through normally, I have only seen one class chest piece drop that someone in our group could actually use. At the same time, I have had up to 6 chestpieces that aren't useable, and the same number of hats in my inventory that were just completely wasted. With a zone that is meant to cater to the more-casual-than-raid-hardcore players, who won't have the chance to run it more than maybe 1 or 2 times a week, this is awfully frustrating. It feels like you've just wasted a whole day of adventuring for the chance to maybe possibly get something that someone might be able to use if you're lucky. I know the second time that we ran through and got the legendary axe off the boss, it had to go to someone who couldn't use it because my paladin already had it as well. Maybe my real gripe is with the no-trade flags on legendary equipment, I don't know. It just seems like a wasted effort to spend your entire day running unrest to be met with a low chance of getting upgrades that your group can use. It makes me sad to have to sell something that someone else could use to the vendor or have to offer it to my deity. That being said, this is an extremely fun zone. I love the puzzles and the ability to run through the scripts in a more non-linear way. Being able to do them in an order you chose instead of a set one makes the zone seem more interesting. It feels, at least for now, that there is no "best" way to do the zone, and I find that very enjoyable.
  13. ARCHIVED-Jindrack Guest

With the change I made yesterday, this chest should be going away, as well as the requirement to play the whole zone in one session. The keys and progression items have had their no-zone flags removed so that they can be carried out of the zone. This will let players get certain items and be able to call it a night if they don't use those items to progress. So say if players get the Basement Key from the Priest of Fear, they can call it a night there and then a couple nights later re-enter the zone, grab the hedge keys again and head right to the library and basement.
  14. ARCHIVED-Jindrack Guest

Each of the seven bosses has a 66% chance to drop a treasured item, and a 33% chance to drop a legendary item, except for Garanel who will always drop a legendary and a chest bp, and the Priest of Fear who will always drop the class hat and something else.
  15. ARCHIVED-Joren_Wolfheart Guest

Yay! Does this mean that you can keep all of the items after using them as well? Or will they be one time use only?
  16. ARCHIVED-Jindrack Guest

[p]Is the door showing black to others too? Maybe try a full scan before going in next time because you might have missed something in a Launchpad update.[/p][p] Kyll's hammer comes from helping Kyll, not killing him. Try assisting him by killing the skeletons around him and he might give it to you. ;)[/p][p]The fragments and shards of Garanel respawn fast until you place the bone they are associated with into the armor to prevent it. The Shade will keep spawning to harass you, though it's HP is pretty low.[/p][p] I'll see about making the wand an upgrade to Grizzfazzle's. [/p]
  17. ARCHIVED-Jindrack Guest

They will be one use only.
  18. ARCHIVED-Joren_Wolfheart Guest

I know that with the doorway to that final area, if I walked through normally it was fine, but if I went backwards through it I got all black, but I didn't fall through the world Thanks for all the effort you're putting in on this, devs. The zone really is a blast, I don't want anyone to think otherwise. And I love the fact that you'll be able to come back and do different segments later. =)
  19. ARCHIVED-EtoilePirate Guest

That's excellent news. As much as I'd like to have 12-15 hour gaming sessions every now and then, normal adult life just doesn't accomodate that. And I don't even have the spouse-and-kids issue to deal with. ;) If I can participate in a really cool zone by going for two hours a night on 3 successive nights, instead of devoting a whole Sunday afternoon to people who understand what "Eastern Time Zone" means, then that's just great news. ;)
  20. ARCHIVED-Kwoung Guest

[p]I think in general, the quality of the loot is pretty nice and the zone is fun, although it is definately not for a weekenights fun (takes to long to progress) however.... like mentioned above, the amount of loot is pretty thin for the time investment.[/p][p]I can go numerous other places and walk away with twice the amount of loot in half the time. Granted it won't be a BP, but since I rarely (if ever) get a meaningful upgrade when hunting (and even the robe wasn't really an upgrade, just a slightly different mix of stats for me), its all about munging unless someone can use it anyways. So, it really doesn't matter what the drop is when it is targetted to become an adornment anyways. So quanity > quality in most cases anymore, hence I will most likely continue to hunt in zones where I will get more loot for my time investment as opposed to Unrest.[/p][p]Maybe a sever increase in the amount of treasured loot that drops would help, that at least would be sellable and offer a better incentive for folks to hunt here.[/p][p]Sorry to sound like a loot ho, but after the initial fun factor of discovering / working through the zone, there will not be a whole lot of draw (for me at least) to return to Unrest, as it is not often I have 4-5 uninterupted hours to dedicate to a zone, especially on a weeknight. It took us 5-6 hours I believe, but a couple of us had been before so we knew what we had to do for the most part. I am figuring if we really focused and had a absolutely perfect group, 4 hours of hard core play may be doable.[/p]