Unofficial Berserker Issues Thread

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Draxredd, Dec 7, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-CherobylJoe Guest

2 hand to dual wield design: there is no incentive to use 2 hand weaps with the current way bloodrage procs work (per hit). Perhaps raise 2 hand dps or adopt a scaled proc mode (aka EQ1)? Not certain on solution just it seems wrong that a whole class of weaps is not efficient enough to use in any likely scenario.
  2. ARCHIVED-Draxredd Guest

3. ARCHIVED-luecka Guest

I just noticed this. When I use a bow to pull mobs, my attack rating goes from 400 to 200. It then stays at 200 until I use a buff. Switching back to melee doesn't help. I cancelled all my buffs just to see what was going on and even without any buffs at all, if I use a bow to pull the attack rating drops. If I use melee attacks alone my rating stays at 400.
  4. ARCHIVED-Draxredd Guest

this is more of a generic bug than berserker related. you should /bug this and post on a more appropriate thread.
    thanks anyway.
  5. ARCHIVED-Zzik Guest

If you are running from a mob and it hits you sometimes you will get rooted in place as the berserk animation goes off. This has killed me steps from the zone on occasion.
  6. ARCHIVED-commandobob Guest

this has happened to me 3 times too
  7. ARCHIVED-Blackguard Guest

Thanks for the feedback and issues list folks. Keep it coming!
  8. ARCHIVED-djhbeek Guest

IMHO, berserker hate issues as off-tank are only the case if the main tank does not use hate-stealing skills. Berserker ST Pally MT works fine ... dont know about other MTs though ...
  9. ARCHIVED-Gagag Guest

came here because i was thinking of starting a zerker ,,
    but just so you know the enchanter spell 'veil of unseen' does this too

Message Edited by Gagag on 12-15-2004 10:49 AM
  10. ARCHIVED-Grimveld Guest

Yeah it seems like a lot of spells have this issue. Fury was just the first one I had come across at the time I wrote that.
  11. ARCHIVED-aeric67 Guest

Another thing I notice with my 24 Berserker is that having Bloodlust on completely destroys my defense and I've decided to stop using it altogether when MT. The difference I am talking about is the cleric being at 5% mana at the end of a fight with Bloodlust on and being at 80% mana at the end of a fight with it off (same level mobs and right after one another, so mostly the same buffs too). Is this intended?

EDIT: Oh yeah, and in both cases my defense showed over 1400.
    Message Edited by aeric67 on 12-15-2004 11:07 AM
  12. ARCHIVED-Tychus Guest

6/ lv20 Quest Weapon

Delecar's axe of savagery is frowned upon by lots of berserker for lack of style and being a 2handed weapon. Many voice a preference for a set of 2 dualwield weapons.

I don't mind receiving a two handed weapon for the quest reward. My problem with this weapon is twofold. 1) While it's a two handed weapon, it uses one handed animations. 2) I do better dps, and get better stat bonuses, wielding a pair of Willow Wood Blades of Service that I was able to quest for at level 12.

Two handed weapons in general need better stat bonus to offset the inability to equip something in the off hand slot.

11/ Effects stacking

Not specific to Berserker, but in need of a fix. A mob cannot have 2 Wound/Mangle/Concussion on it at the same time. This limits the effectiveness of 2 berzerkers or 1 berzerker/1 guardian using their main attack skills. Wound/Mangle/Concussion stacking (or lack thereof) is annoying but it may be intended to be that way.

This is a serious issue I first asked about a month ago (and received no response). Basically any combat art that has a secondary effect (stun, debuff, etc) will not work if another player has already stacked that effect on the mob. Since there aren't many visual cues that these effects are "on," the only recourse is to keep pressing the button until you sneak one in.

If these attacks could be changed so the primary effect would always work, and the secondary effect wouldn't if that effect is already on the mob, that would be a huge improvement. As it is now, there's a serious drawback to having more than one member of a class in the same group.
  13. ARCHIVED-Tychus Guest

6/ lv20 Quest Weapon

Delecar's axe of savagery is frowned upon by lots of berserker for lack of style and being a 2handed weapon. Many voice a preference for a set of 2 dualwield weapons.

I don't mind receiving a two handed weapon for the quest reward. My problem with this weapon is twofold. 1) While it's a two handed weapon, it uses one handed animations. 2) I do better dps, and get better stat bonuses, wielding a pair of Willow Wood Blades of Service that I was able to quest for at level 12.

Two handed weapons in general need better stat bonus to offset the inability to equip something in the off hand slot.

11/ Effects stacking

Not specific to Berserker, but in need of a fix. A mob cannot have 2 Wound/Mangle/Concussion on it at the same time. This limits the effectiveness of 2 berzerkers or 1 berzerker/1 guardian using their main attack skills. Wound/Mangle/Concussion stacking (or lack thereof) is annoying but it may be intended to be that way.

This is a serious issue I first asked about a month ago (and received no response). Basically any combat art that has a secondary effect (stun, debuff, etc) will not work if another player has already stacked that effect on the mob. Since there aren't many visual cues that these effects are "on," the only recourse is to keep pressing the button until you sneak one in.

If these attacks could be changed so the primary effect would always work, and the secondary effect wouldn't if that effect is already on the mob, that would be a huge improvement. As it is now, there's a serious drawback to having more than one member of a class in the same group.
  14. ARCHIVED-I_am_Me Guest

As a guardian I have find it vry hard to keep aggro with a berserk in my group, even if the berserk uses no abilities. (Even when i hold the line and put as many taunts in (all adept 1)
  15. ARCHIVED-Ibishi Guest

i'm a guardian and yea I have to tell berserker off of their abilities for the sake aggro generation. that stuff is just sick.
  16. ARCHIVED-Kainin Guest

2/ Bloodlust skill

The Bloodlust skill procs way too often, even when the berserker not in a group. It is believed it procs each time the berserker hits instead of each time a party member is hit, as per the spell description.

Being a group buff, Bloodlust procs generates massive hate and may cause problems in aggro management for the main tank.

I disagree that this is an issue, I am the main tank in my groups and if my guildie friend who is a guardian groups with me he uses some of his group damage mit to help protect me.

This is only an issue if you accept the opinion that a berserker should not be the main tank.
  17. ARCHIVED-Draxredd Guest

I'll reword that to say that bloodlust is not working as per the spell description. The spell descrition states it goes off if a group memeber is hit. I witnessed it frishand going off while alone and pulling a mob with a bow (so definitely when my character attacks).
  18. ARCHIVED-Erick_Stormfury Guest

Sunder is now available from the trainers in eldergrove.

(note: it is not the froglok, but one of the other guys)

-Erick Stormfury
  19. ARCHIVED-Kromus_1 Guest

Exactly, just to fix u hes talking about Bloodlust, and as u say i too simply dont use Bloodlust when in party with another tank if im not a MT... plain and simple, all works as it should be
  20. ARCHIVED-aeric67 Guest

Wow, good call. The devs have always said to completely throw out our knowledge of EQ1 altogether! Perhaps the guy with the higher AC doesn't always have to be the MT! Especially when that guy has so many abilities in his arsenal to protect another. I like it!