Unisex :(

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-LordFyre, Feb 14, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-LordFyre Guest

[p][face="comic sans ms,sand"]Not necessarily.[/face][/p][p][face="comic sans ms,sand"]Consider the sword wielding Queen Antonia, that demon she is fighting likely hits so hard as to make even thick platemail armor meaningless. Rather, it could be argued that it would be a hindrance as it would be both heavy and restricting enough to make it difficult to dodge such mighty blows. The same could be said for the strikes of other powerful creatures like Giants, Dragons, Centaurs or even Ogres.[/face][/p][p][face="comic sans ms,sand"]Likewise, would the attacks that the wood elven woman fighting the spectre type creature be stopped by physical plate? Or, being primarly etherial, would they ignore such a barrier? Again, avoiding would be her best defense, so the weight of the armor would be a hindrance to her. (Love her long flowing hair too. :thumbup: - but that is a different subject.)[/face][/p][p][face="Comic Sans MS"]Actually, I completely agree with your points, but I do not - nor have I ever - accept the idea that armor in a Fantasy MMO should be realistic. It rarely ever is - else swimming and even resting in armor should be nearly impossible.[/face][/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-NemaLVey Guest

[p]Since we are on a rant... here are my views.[/p][p]I think armor appearance and colors should be alterable due to race, alignment, class, and sex. Females in all games and in real life have more a flair fin thier looks. Am I saying let us have bikini chain mail? No freaking way. Give the females toons more style and flair in comparrison to the male designed armor already out there. Something other than the already universal look. [/p][p]Sure they give us litterally skin-tight chain/leather chest plates ( which really irks that crap out of me btw), but that should not be the only thing to express and/or show the differences between sexes. Actual molded armor isnt that detailed in that area. Seriously take a look at a girl wearing a plain t-shirt. It doesn't cling to her chest following all the curves! Honestly there are other things that can be enchanced or emphasised on besides focusing on the bust of a character for women, without having to show large amounts of skin in the process. Some skin? Perhaps, but tastfully done. The design and over all texture in some cases can be redone, to show that an assassin female toon is armored and deadly, but will look great as a female killing someone and in very little ways look like the guy assassin she is with. Make sense?[/p][p]Colors for one. Really should have a lock set acceptable depending on alignment, class, armor piece and sex. Allowing only female toons access to lighter hues. No pinks or extremely light colors for male toons. The thought of seeing a multi-colored, light-hued, flourecent troll/ogre in armor gives me bad dreams. I know it has been said before that it is impossible to allow dyes into this game cuz of the coding. Change the coding or litterally work around or over it. I know, I can dream.[/p][p]Robes. Ummm. Enuff with the cut, color, and pasting of the robes. I pretty much never made a caster character cuz of the horrid design of the robes. I am sorry but you guys need to back off the showing of legs between a flap of cloth. Casters in general were weak looking muscularly cuz they relied on magic more than brawn, who wants to see bow-legged toothpick legs? A longer train on robes for female chars would be nice change. Flaired sleeves at the end, maybe. Maybe add in sections of ridgid looking armor on forearms, shoulders, and other places on robes, to show some reason for Armor class upgrading between tiers for both sexes. There isnt much difference between a lvl 1 cloth armor to a lvl 70 besides color and design on the robe.[/p][p]Add-ons. Like adorments added to pieces of armor. Make spikes, fins, flairs, or whatnot that can be added to certain pieces to create visual individuality if you cannot make multi-sets for classes, and sexes. Basically make an overlay that can be seen over/under existing armor pieces. Heck, add different design skins to overlay.[/p][p]This game has so many possiblities, and blamming the coding for not implementing things is getting LAME. Get creative. Take a good look at City of Heroes character creation if lacking ideas.[/p][p]Sorry, this probably doesnt make much sense. I am still waking up. [/p][p]/rant off[/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-TwistedPisky Guest

I think we should have a choice. An option we can select to wear more exotic outfit.
  4. ARCHIVED-Alycs Guest

Star Wars Galaxies. That being said...the crafters could control the colors. And the array of clothes was large. Same with the colors. And that was for the ARMOR too! Flat out...one of my characters would much rather wear trousers than the dresses they get. She'd also rather the MALE formal ensemble than the female one. I'm sorry...on an orange haired halfling..the teals and blues look sick...add in...you get the OBVIOUS white panties! Who want's that? Not me. Now, I'm female irl. I know guys who are stylish and straight. One of them ******* about his armor in the game. With good reason. A Barbarian SK(I think he's an sk) in powder blue armor???? WHO will take him seriously?!? First time I saw that....I just about laughed my butt off. lol I know at one of the last dev interviews, they said no dyes. But...we need to be able to customize our armor. If it's a case of having to model each piece on every type of char...then there's something wrong with the engine. /shrug Granted, I started with SOE with SWG back long before it got screwed up.