Underdepths- Malteor flamecaller

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-RevDamienVryce, Apr 24, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-RevDamienVryce Guest

Howdy all,

I am looking for some advice that a bunch of searching just hasn't helped with. I did my first Underdepths run yesterday which overall went well. Until we got to Malteor Flamecaller that is... I was solo healing this run on an inquisitor. We had a zerker tanking and monk/coercer/necro/warlock as dps (monk was helping keep me alive from adds on prior boss). We did 20 attempts ranging from 30 secs to 2 mins 30 secs. I'm guessing the fight has to be over by this point because the tank just got crushed by adds on the 2 min 30 sec fight.

I do not raid so my gear is just a mix of WL quest gear and drops I've gotten from Various Skyshrine runs. http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_...89450627. Focus weapons are so horrible for melee casters I really wish there were any viable alternatives... I know my cast speed is a bit high.

The part of the fight I was having difficulty with was primarily getting the group healed back up to full quickly after the 5% drop. I usually did fine for the first one he casts but after that is questionable. Usually the 2nd came within 10-15 secs after the first and that is usually when things go bad. After the second I would cast my group heal and it would seem like no one even got healed and then we die. I don't know if he also has some sort of heal debuff or what but this was extremely frustrating. The fight would go much better if my alleviation healed for about double what it does now (around 25k per person now including convert ally). There is such a short time between the 5% life and his 40-45k damage aoe that if I am even a fraction of a second slow casting alleviation we wipe.

Was I doing something wrong? Do I just need wayyyy better gear or do we perhaps just need a lot more dps to burn him down faster? Did we perhaps get changed to challenge mode somehow? Should I just crawl in a hole and delete my inquis because I suck?

Any advice would be appreciated

P.S. anyone know how to get act to show reactive heals? Mine doesn't seem to show any.
  2. ARCHIVED-Tigerr Guest

[IMG]I'm pretty sure there is a mob you need to kill for the group to stop jumping down to 10% health... Forgot the name of it though...

Also, ACT does record reactives just fine... the problem is, they wont trigger on that slap down because usually when group gets knocked down to 10% with couple triggers left, one of the AoE's or the adds finish someone off before you can get Alleviation in.

Atoning Faith = MDiatribe ( group reactive)
    If you double click that it will show ya just how many times that spell triggered and who it healed
  3. ARCHIVED-Chronus1 Guest

Lol I thought this was just a dps check, burn before DG runs out that's put up as soon as he does the 10% thing the first time.
  4. ARCHIVED-yohann koldheart Guest

when he spawns the adds kill the named add for a group buff, then go back to dpsing the named.