Undead Jester (Befallen: Cavern of Afflicted)

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Vain, Apr 14, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Vain Guest

Last night while fighting the Undead Jester, our templar went LD and we subsequently wiped. We waited for her to return and headed back. The Jesterling adds we still up and KoS, but the Jester had reset and was not attackable. We tried the zone out and back in trick, etc... but no dice.
    Is there a way to light him back up? We had killed all of the skellies in the room and there did not seem to be any alternative method to make him attackable. I understand that this may be a penalty for not killing him on the first crack, but it does not account for players going LD, etc...
    Overall, it was one of those nights and I really coulda used an extra beer or 6!
  2. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

I don't think you can fix it once it happens.
    Interestingly enough, he can be exploited and killed atleast 3x / instance.
  3. ARCHIVED-Vain Guest

Not interested in exploits, thanks, unless you can exploit Molson.
  4. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

I don't think you can do that anymore anyway. Sounds like a bug potentially associated with the changes that were made to him to prevent said exploitation.
    No Molson exploits, but they sure have Goose Island on sale pretty cheap here at the moment.
  5. ARCHIVED-TygerMeow Guest

Does killing a 6er of Molson also give a chance to drop the Boneguard Rapier? :p
  6. ARCHIVED-MarindaSkystrike Guest

This sure sounds familiar!
  7. ARCHIVED-Vain Guest

I wish it didn't sound so familiar! You and Astra need a dose of amnesia after that run ;)
  8. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

We had a problem with the Jester the other night. We were fighting through the instance as usual. When we dropped down the well, we saw the Jester, but he was an unattackable NPC, and he disappeared moments after we hit the ground.
    When we had killed all the pops around the base of the well, however, the Undead Jester did NOT reappear. The scouts had a blank showing up on track. We tried AOEs near the walls in case he was inside a wall, but that didn't accomplish anything.
    We cleared the remainder of the zone, and /petitioned.
  9. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    Well that happens every time I go there. I guess we are accidently "exploting" it but I don't know how.