Unable to play/access characters server shows up

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Geauvdare, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Geauvdare New Member

Tonight around 9 pm eastern time, myself and my husband were switching characters and the Character Select screen shows server down, yet the Server status says Halls of Fate up and at medium load.Tried multiple times to "run the patcher" and restart the game only to have the same results - 4 characters out of 5 or 6 showing up and each time it says server is down, rerun the patcher. Rebooted entire computer, same result. Each time server status shows Halls of Fate is up and running at Medium load. What gives?
  2. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I don't know if this is the problem for you, but after one of the recent updates, the Everquest2 exe file was replaced and my antivirus took it out of its "exception" list. I started to have this problem again afterward and it stopped after I replaced the exception. It still happens now, but much less often.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  3. Fannoncodder Member

I've got the same issue, and have reached the conclusion that Halls of Fate is broken at the moment. You can play on other servers (I just logged off of my Kaladim toons), so it's not the game or the local program/files.