Unable to loot Exquisites

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Lysia, Feb 23, 2024.

1. Lysia Active Member

I have contacted CS and they requested me to report it here --
    here goes ...

in every zone where there was a named that dropped an exquisite chest -- I got the bounty for it, if I hadn't killed it before -- but was not able to loot the chest at all --- tried and tried -- nothing --
    the wooden treasure chests were fine, they looted perfectly --
    but no matter what zone I went to and killed a named, the chest just sat there as I tried to loot it -- and finally rotted

This has never happened before -- ever, not till today --- CS said it sounded like it might be a bug and to report it -- so I have
    nice gear too -- would have been a nice upgrade -- oh, and all were heirloom

CS said it sounded like a possible bugged or malfunctioning mechanic --- they were great by the way, you have great CS folks
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Lemilla Active Member

Try changing your loot options to something totally different and then back to what they are supposed to be.
  3. Juraiya Well-Known Member

If you have your looting option set to "greed or accept", then heirloom objects sometimes seem to treat that as "decline." No, it makes no sense, but it's something I've seen in a few dungeons I've run in. I try to always remember to set my looting options to "none" when doing certain dungeons (whether solo, molo, or grouped), otherwise I sometimes won't get a roll on any of the better stuff. It does seem to depend upon the dungeon; there are other times when I've had no difficulty with setting myself to "greed or accept."
  4. Lysia Active Member

then it's the dungeons being different with regards to the looting -- sounds like THAT
    needs to be corrected -- we have enough things to check on and correct in this expansion as
    it is ... <sigh>
    I run molo -- so I am the only REAL person in the group -- real people, ok - but shouldn't matter what the settings are when you are the only person -- and not 2 boxing either

So no choice but to let the zone reset -- and go again and HOPE it works -- I can kill ok with the warlock, but it's just sad that after working so hard and getting 7 bounties (so I know I had some exquisites in there ..) I have to do it all over ..