Unable to log into Character

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by HuCa, Feb 15, 2017.

1. HuCa Member

My daughter is on a F2P account and her main char seems to be stuck in limbo as she used the globe to zone into Tranquil Sea and as she got to the loading screen saying loading Tranquil Sea, she got booted from the game. This happened yesterday and she has been trying ever since to get back in on her main char but keeps getting as far as adding character to zone and then she is booted from the game with an error message (Eq2 has detected an unrecoverable error and must shut down. <verify> g:/live/eq2/framework/terrain/CDLODStreaming/CDLODStreaming Type TextureBase.cpp(233): rtexture->Texture != NULL 00809a5f 008097aa). She is able to log into her low lvl char without any problems so we are looking for advise as to what can be done to enable her to log into her main char again. Everytime she tries to log into her character a message come up in guild chat saying she has logged in but then about 2 -3 minutes after she has been booted the guild gets message she has logged out. She cannot play her main char due to not being able to log in on it and has no way of getting her char back to previous zone where the game worked fine. Has anyone got an idea on how to resolve this so she can play her main again or can a Gamemaster sort the problem for her as in place her char back in a zone other than Tranquil Sea so she can at least log in again.
  2. Adevil Well-Known Member

Has she tried to Validate Game Assets using the Launcher? There could be a corrupt file associated with Tranquil Sea causing the problem.

You could also have her try to log in using your computer just to verify if the problem is computer related (ie corrupt file).
  3. HuCa Member

Yes she has already run the Validate Game Assets and still has same problem. She cant use my computer to log in as she lives in a different country and I dont accept being given other peoples details to log into their accounts (not even from family memebers).
    It obviously is some issue with files involving Tranquil Sea as she has been playing the game with without this issue right up through till she needed to access Tranquil Sea for questing. No problems with lower stage zones when zoning hence why we are confused as to why this Zone now has booted her from game and wont allow her back in.
  4. Adevil Well-Known Member

Something else I just noticed: "Streaming Type TextureBase.cpp". Is she using the streaming client rather than the Full Download? If so, it might be an idea to switch to the full download.
  5. HuCa Member

She does use the streaming Client as it is what it gave her when she clicked the download link from the official EQ2 site. I also use the streaming client and have no problems ingame with it on any of my accounts (subscription and F2P). Its strange that the game worked fine for her (other than the usual lag and the odd boot from game), concidering she is using a laptop, right up until Tuesday night (after the patcher), when she tried to zone into Tranquil Sea. She had zoned a few times during her game play Tuesday after servers came up and had no problems until she tried to get to Tranquil Sea...... then bang that was it ..... end of her gaming on her main as she was booted and not been able to log back in since late Tuesday night. Like I said she can log in and play her lower level char just not her main which is strange if it were due to the Streaming client as I would of thought that would effect the whole game for her not just one zone. We have even uninstalled the game and then re-downloaded and installed it (after running the Validate Game Assets: which confirmed all files were up-to-date etc) incase files had errored it but didn't seem to make any difference. It just point blank wont allow her to log into her main char whom is apparently (according to guild list) in Tranquil Sea. We hoenstly wish right now that they had that clever tab on Char screen like they do in EQ to call char to home as then she would at least be able to play it again but EQ2 doesnt have such a luxury so need a way round this major problem she is having.
  6. Adevil Well-Known Member

Streaming and Full Download is the same Launcher. You have the option to disable Streaming on the Version tab of the Launcher. Pretty sure that's where it was when I disabled it, anyway...the tick box goes away forever, so I can't check to be certain. If she does this, she won't be able to play until it is finished downloading.
  7. HuCa Member

Ok it is now Friday and Patch was done on Tuesday and still my Daughter can not log into her main char. She has run the Validate Game Assets from launcher ..... which clearly states: All files are up to date. She has uninstalled the game, re-downloaded and installed it ....... still same error. She has now even downloaded the full version so as not using the streaming version ..... and yes...... She still cant log onto her main char !!!! Why is it that she cant log onto her main char now? She used the Globe to go to Tranquil Sea and was booted from game while on loading screen for entering Tranquil Sea with error message (already stated in original post). No matter what she has tried its the same old error and same old story ..... brings up loading screen saying adding char to zone then bang ..... back to desktop with same error. What is it that is causing this issue? Would be nice to have a Dev or GM to advise us on how to resolve this major issue my daughter is having as its gone on long enough and she wants to be able to play her Main char and not just her alt. Surely there is some way around this problem ...... even if it means a GM physically moving her char out of Tranquil Sea so she can at least log into it and progress somewhere else instead of just getting booted everytime she tries to log in on that char.