Unable to install

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by CacheRAM, Mar 18, 2018.

1. CacheRAM New Member

So I was having errors when trying to enter Crypt of Betrayal. Started googling, tried many suggestions, nothing worked.
    Uninstalled the game, nuked it's folder, and went online to get a fresh copy.
    Got the installer, run as Admin (just in case), installing to c:/games/eq2/
    Code:
    *Warning: Retrying help/en/helpfile_gettingaround_zoning.vm
    *Warning: Retrying help/de/helpfile_vchat_ui_voicechat.vm
    *Warning: Retrying help/en/helpfile_heroic_characters_faq.vm
    *Warning: Retrying help/de/helpfile_grouping_loot.vm
    *Warning: Retrying help/en/helpfile_interface_PlayerHouse.vm
    *Warning: Retrying help/de/helpfile_gettingaround_zoning.vm
    *Warning: Retrying help/en/helpfile_combat_locking.vm
    *Warning: Retrying help/en/helpfile_heroic_characters_faq.vm
    *Warning: Retrying help/en/helpfile_interface_PlayerHouse.vm
    *Error: Unable to download SocketError:Host Not Found (11001 - 205.185.208.88 - http://eq2.patch.daybreakgames.com/patch/sha/eq2/eq2.sha.zs/19/f8c/54cbd7d11276faf1a0149a2316dcf11cf03
    0% Complete0% Complete0% Complete0% CompleteAutoplay 
    RETRY
    ERROR
    Unable to download SocketError:Host Not Found (11001 - 205.185.208.88 - http://eq2.patch.daybreakgames.com/patch/sha/eq2/eq2.sha.zs/19/f8c/54cbd7d11276faf1a0149a2316dcf11cf03

2. CacheRAM New Member

This is a fresh install of Win10, running on a Ryzen7 1800 with 8GB of RAM and a geforce 1080 vid card. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I should try working on this?
  3. CacheRAM New Member

This morning I tried installing on another computer (running Win7), and got the exact same issue. Install gets about 0.0% through, then starts throwing warnings about retrying files, then errors out.
    Here's the error on the second machine:
    *Error: Unable to download SocketError:Unreachable - No data (11004 - 205.185.208.88 - http://eq2.patch.daybreakgames.com/...zs/19/f8c/54cbd7d11276faf1a0149a2316dcf11cf03
    0% Complete0% Complete0% Complete0% CompleteAutoplay
    RETRY
    ERROR
    Unable to download SocketError:Unreachable - No data (11004 - 205.185.208.88 - http://eq2.patch.daybreakgames.com/...zs/19/f8c/54cbd7d11276faf1a0149a2316dcf11cf03
    OK
    EverQuest EN PlanetSide 2 EN
    Version: US English

I would really love to play this game, but that will be impossible unless I can actually install it.
    Any tips, hints, or suggestions would be most welcome.
    Thanks in advance,
    -Cache
  4. Chillispike Active Member

Which Version of the Game do you try to install ? the stream or the full version? (I suggest using the Full Version)
  5. CacheRAM New Member

It fails the same way no matter if i try to install stream or full ver. Thanks for the reply :)
  6. Hokye New Member

I am having the same issue. I have had a support ticket open since last week and they have not been able to provide a successful resolution yet.
  7. assassin4438 New Member

is the game installed at all, or after uninstalling, can you not re-install at all?
  8. xero New Member

I have been having trouble since Saturday. I tried everything and it did not work. I tried again a few minutes ago and it downloaded half of the files and then the issue started again.
  9. CacheRAM New Member

Assassin: i uninstalled the game as part Of my troubleshooting, and I attempt to do install a clean copy of it.
    I went to the website download AD installer and tried to run the install and it doesn't even get to 1% before I get the socket error.
    The same thing is happening on a different computer that has never had EQ2 installed on it at all.
    The game set up process simply fails and will not complete.
  10. Katana Kat New Member

Been trying to download a fresh re-install all weekend with all the same results as everyone. I tried direct and through Steam. Both failed. Support keeps giving me all the canned, scripted responses. Not one time has there been any indication that someone from DayBrk was going to check on the download server. I just tried again minutes ago and the stupid download just sat there not downloading. After waiting for 10 minutes I gave up. I feel used badly since I just sprang for a full membership.
  11. CacheRAM New Member

It's frustrating. Got me a brand new set of Ebon gear, and i want to go slay things and Look Nice doing it.

EDIT: They must have gotten the server fixed, because i just now decided to try again and it's downloading the files!
  12. Ofonix New Member

Im trying to install everquest 1 and it does the same about that error.
    im at 88.1%
  13. Hegian New Member

Same error here. Even formatted my PC to reinstall fresh copy, didn't helped, only killed my EQ1 with the same error :)
  14. Hokye New Member

I tried again today and still having the same issue