Unable to Filter Recipe Book beyond Level 5

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Chiffon, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Chiffon Active Member

I’ve had an on-going problem for months, not being able to filter my recipe book for anything other than levels 1-5. This only happens on the two toons that have TS Prestige points in Experimentation (both have the max 5 pts in Experimentation). FYI they are a maxed jeweler and armorer.

Sometimes the filter levels will list 1-5, other times random numbers such as 1-53, or 1-103, and even 1-250-something!

I’ve filed multiple support tickets and have tried everything listed below (as suggested by SOE Support) to fix it, but nothing works.
    Clearing filters
    Deleting cache folders (asset cache, cache, login cache), validate game files
    Deleting assetslib.vpl, assetdb.dll

Reinstalling default UI: deleted the UI folder, all server character UI.ini files, eq2.ini, re-patched, ran full file scan… still didn’t fix it.

Deleted these files:
    cache folder
    eq2_recent.ini
    eq2_default.ini
    EverQuest2.exe
    eq2.ini
    all server character UI.ini files
    StationName_characters.ini
    Validating files and re-launching

I’ve also tried importing UI settings from a toon that doesn’t have this problem, with no luck.

Is anyone else having this problem? Has anyone had this problem and figured out how to fix it?
  2. Brienae Active Member

I have also had this problem on my Armorer who has the experimentation prestige. Later when I have time I plan to try my Jeweler's filter (I haven't had much reason to use hers) my jeweler has the refining prestige. I also have a carpenter with the mass production. I will post my results here. Maybe there is some connection but wanted to say Chiffon you are not alone.
  3. Svenone Well-Known Member

Little consolation, but you are not alone in having this bug, but I have had it show up with levels anywhere from 10 to 110(!) in the filter. The 110 doesn't really matter, but being limited to 10 when I want to filter to T9 recipes is annoying! Since I use a modified Drumsv UI I had figured it was probably a UI bug, but unless we are both using the same UI it doesn't seem too likely.

I also have cleared caches, validated files, etc. with no help.
  4. Chiffon Active Member

Thank you all for posting, I thought I was alone in this mess. I'm constantly making gear for various levels so not being able to filter beyond level 5 is a very frustrating situation for me. I'm using the default UI so I don't think your Drums UI is the culprit. *fingers crossed someone see's this and knows how to fix it*
  5. Daryx Well-Known Member

The filters are kept in a file eq2_recipe_filter.vdl in your game directory. Maybe you could try deleting that file and rerunning the patcher. I know in the past I've had other issues not related to actual recipe filtering when that file became corrupted. Might be worth a shot.
  6. Chiffon Active Member

I tried deleting the eq2_recipe_filter_vdl file, validated/patched, and it didn't solve the problem, but..... after doing that, the next day I was able to see 1-100 on my jeweler and my armorer had 1-253. Unfortunately the next time I tried to access either one of them it was back to 1-5 again. I've deleted caches, recipe filter files, and did everything else again and they're stuck at 1-5. My next attempt to fix this is clearing all their TS points, reapplying and see if that solves the problem.

I feel like I'm driving a car with an intermittent noise that the mechanic can't fix.