Unable to complete old raids

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Zizinana, Aug 25, 2023.

1. Zizinana Active Member

Hello!Big cry from the heart - please remove the limit on the number of players in the old raid zones!
    There are so few of us, and in general, people cannot be gathered into the old zones.
    We can’t go through public quests in the Coliseum of Valor, Vyzh'dra in Ssraeshza's Hallowed Hall, The Awuidor raid zone, Draazak and Lorokai in vesspire Isle... because we are few!
    Oh please!!!
    Manafizzle, Praetorian, Feara and 8 others like this.
  2. Aterskia Active Member

fer dem unlearned/OOC

indeed.
    and/or, for past expansion RAID environments, place a Book Merchant outside each raid zone, with a book that players can VOLUNTARILY purchase for a couple of plat, *IF* they need guidance/insight into how to defeat said environment. Which would detail preferred number, preferred expansion-specific stats, specific strategies, etc.; so that, if said later-arriving group is unable to figure it out, or defeat, on their own,... the book.;) {THUS, enabling everyone a FULL ROI[Return on Investment--being able to make use of ALL of the expansion that they PAID for]}:cool:
    Sheyn likes this.
  3. Zizinana Active Member

It is better to fill out articles on a wiki or on a eq2 raider) But, alas, alas.

Since I have been doing this for more than a year, 95% of events can be unraveled.
    But there are some that are hard to understand. It’s more difficult for me, as a non-English speaker - I have to translate buffs, debuffs, logs with Google)

Maybe create a topic or forum where someone from the daybreak team will suggest tactics? Really, you know exactly what to do there)
    Jaden, Twyla and Aterskia like this.
  4. ZUES Well-Known Member

I think players backtracking and knocking out old raid content is great fun and good for retention. In my opinion they should remove all entry requirements to all raid zones except the most recent. I realize that's easier said than dune. But the payoff is retention.

i would like to go one step further and ask the dev team to consider the size of the population now. Please remove the 6 person requirement for guilds. It's nearly impossible to find 6 people to help you form a guild anymore. Especially as a new or returning player. What harm can it do?

Many of us are returning to the game to find our former guilds dead. In some cases the guild leader and officers have not logged in for years! In other cases there is no guild leader or officer AT ALL, just members. I believe this is from server changes. Please allow regular members to /initiate_guild_leader_vote if the guild leader has been offline for over a year, or there is no guild leader. Many of us put our blood sweat and tears into those guilds before we left the game for real life reasons. It would be nice to retain them and avoid a long guild leveling process with a new guild. And filling all those boxes again.
    SolarFaire, Zizinana and Twyla like this.
  5. Smashey Well-Known Member

Content 3 expansions old should automatically become soloable when a new expansion releases. There is no reason not to allow it.

The stuff you can get from there is mostly irrelevant by then and is mostly cosmetics and achievements.
    Zizinana, Pixistik and Twyla like this.
  6. Evilary Well-Known Member

Only problem with that is 3 expansions from when? Current or Free to Play? If you do current, then you make all of free to play solo and they would never have a reason to group or want current expansion. If you do from Free to Play, it might work but a lot of people would be unhappy about the newer stuff.

In general, it would be a no please option. They do need to remove restrictions that require multiple people to unlock areas and stuff like that in older content.
    Twyla likes this.
  7. Evilary Well-Known Member

I agree about the 6 people to form a guild. I don't agree with the vote guild leader off. If you were not an officer, you shouldn't magically be able to take control of a guild because of a random time limit. Me and several others came here from FFXI at launch and we formed a guild. Over the years, I was the only person who didn't leave. I was a co leader so sadly last time I knew I was taking a break, I kicked all members except my alts just in case something like this happened. I regret it to this day. What if one of them came back, saw no guild and just changed servers. I potentially lost out on reconnecting with past friends for fear of this very thing you are asking for.
    Feara and Twyla like this.
  8. ZUES Well-Known Member

https://imgur.com/AC7pkel
  9. ZUES Well-Known Member

10. ZUES Well-Known Member

11. ZUES Well-Known Member

Trying to upload an image here is SO FRUSTRATING!!!!!!
    Pixistik likes this.
  12. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

Just put .png after your copied link from imgur in the insert image field :)
  13. Sheyn Member

As they were planning the game eons ago, it would seem a natural follow-through thought as the game is being designed that: Population Locking an Encounter / Zone / Access might not be a good idea 10 years down the line.

Like: Hey let's prepare for this! Maybe?!

I'm all for thinking positively and with optimism but am also a "hedge your bets" type person ... Did. Did NO-ONE think that players won't en-mass be excited to revisit content they've played through already, so how are new players / returning players / solo past content players going to get help? Did. Did NO-ONE think that player bases (gasp) might, dwindle?

Crossing a bridge in a Sszreasaha Temple Heroic requires at least 2 players
    Some giant Aerakyn Cave I Forget the Name Of requires two pillars clicked within seconds to open a door
    Unrest ^^^ same thing
    Raid Zone with a Blood Pool requires 6 people to stand in circles

The BEAUTY of EQ2, to me, is that it's an almost perfect Solo AND Group MMO Sandbox Hybrid. It's got EVERYTHING ... just not ACCESS to PAST Everything without uh, 40 people for Awuidor? 25? I forgot.

I don't want to Solo New Content. Let the min maxers who graciously fill out the EQ2Maps Data and Wiki Information tackle it. Bless their hearts. Werk! Slay that Dragon. May the DKP be ever in your favor.

But 2 Expansions In The Past Content is a good enough target to say: Hey remember that eventuality we prepared for 10 years ago? ... It's time.

All for a damn NO-TRADE Shiny ....

- Sheyn
    Jaden and Twyla like this.
  14. Zizinana Active Member

Dear developers!
    I still hope that you will remove the player limits for the raid zones of the old expansions.But until this happens, my friends and I will have to create an army of bots) since it is unfortunately impossible to assemble a raid on old zones from living players.So this is an important question, because I can’t find the information anywhere.
    What minimum players are needed to complete the following zones:
    Draazak the Ancient
    Exarch Lorokai the Unliving ( High Keep: The Bloodless Incursion)
    Awuidor: The Adumbral Depths
    Rathe Council within Ragrax 2,3 and 4 Difficulty
    Vyzh'dra the Unleashed (Ssraeshza's Hallowed Halls)
    Twyla likes this.
  15. Juull Member

I was part of a 4 person group that worked on Vyzh'dra last night - after an hour of pulls and asking tons of people for advice (none was available), our conjy was bouncing around the room and accidentally pulled that stupid snake. We got the pillar clickable, she killed half of us, and the other half of the group killed her. It IS possible ... and hopefully as we review our logs we will figure out what we did! :D Planning to go back to try to get a flawless - I promise we will post if we actually figure out the strat.
    Group was conjy, fury, SK, and defiler.
  16. Zizinana Active Member

I will be very grateful to you if you can write about this))
  17. Praetorian Well-Known Member

Everyone, they have done this in the past. I am sure entry requirements can be adjusted if requested. Just be sure to ask nicely and inbetween things being done for current updates I am sure one of the devs can find time to adjust some old content.

I am always for people exploring older content and really wanted mercs adjusted to be more useful in older content for this same very reason.

Just ask nicely, keep things updated and give it time. There's plenty of raid zones out there in the mean time.
    Manafizzle likes this.
  18. Treggar Active Member

If I recall correctly, you're going to need a scout to pickpocket the key.
  19. Juull Member

And if I recall correctly (from the post you quoted and my log I just double checked), we didn't have a scout. And yet, she died. I've spent some time combing through that log trying to figure out what we did - I know why the SK and I ate it, but I have no idea how we got the pillar clickable.
  20. Zizinana Active Member

let's go in order)the battle begins.
    Hell flies out of the locked gate and explodes.
    The name tells which player can steal his sticks.
    Using sticks, portals on the floor are activated.
    Different symbols appear in portals.
    All this is not clickable, and it is not clear how to use it.We beat the name, we beat the name... if we cross the line at 20% HP we die. (one-shot)

let's think about what you did to activate the pillar))