1. ARCHIVED-geenla Guest

I am curious to know why there is no higher level versions of this spell for shamans. it's a level 35 spell with 2 AA devoted specifically for it.
    I double checked and only four Bloodline Chronicles spells have no higher level versions. Honed Reflexes,Ruthless Cunning, Unyielding Will and Umbral Trap. The first three spells understandably don't have higher level variants.Umbral Trap seems like a sure thing for a higher level version. An encounter debuff with no upgraded levels makes no sense unless it was % based
    I just cannot figure out how the powers that be (SOE) consider umbral trap to be so amazingly good (a 17'ish DPS encounter debuff) to not need the higher level versions..The AA to reduce its power and resistability (that 80 power at level 90 is not going to matter) and even a sentinel's fate AA for it..lol
    I only use the spell when I accidentally hit the button by mistake. I searched for posts concerning this spell and found none. I am surprised no other shamans find this to be frustrating.I have an SK and I use Doom judgement all the time.I have a warlock and use Flames of Velious all the time.I have a necro and use vampire Bats all the time.I have a Bruiser and use Devastation fist all the time.
    We need a higher level version of this spell !
  2. ARCHIVED-Crismorn Guest

Its an encounter dps debuff, its definelty worth casting on adds whent they spawn.
  3. ARCHIVED-Sylvellior Guest

Although it doesn't look like it, DPS debufs like Umbral Trap are percentarge-based. A -15dps reduces the auto-attack damage from a level 5 solo mob by the same percentage as it would on a level 98 epicx4.
  4. ARCHIVED-Hene Guest

Lemilla@Permafrost wrote:
    ^^^ This is it, right here.

-15 dps means it reduces the enemy's melee damage by about 15% (give or take depending on their buffs and your already in place debuffs)
  5. ARCHIVED-Sedenten Guest

geenla wrote:
    You should be keeping it on NPC's, especially in a raid setting. It is very much worth casting and can make a dramatic difference on the amount of damage the target is outputting on your tank.